The theme for the January Banner Contest is Bring in the new year with a bang
Here is a quote from Banner Contest runner Major Blood:
“To start off 2013 the theme is to be used with an RPG, C4 or grenade explosions. There does not have to be an explosion per say as long as there is action including one or more of the weapons described. Loading up a weapon cache is acceptable too but you better put some heavy explosives in there to get votes.”
The Monthly Banner Contest has been one of the most successful and favorite features here on the Fighting 1:18th. The contest started on our original site before the infamous crash of 2011. For those that are new to the contest, it’s very simple. A forum member can submit a dio picture entry into the contest. Towards the end of the month we place all the photos together and let the forum members vote for their favorite via poll. The winner gets the prestige and honor of having their picture on top of the site representing the Fighting 1:18th. Occasionally we add additional prizes.
The December Banner Contest continued the “blind voting” theme and Officer Fled74 took the victory with 51% of the total vote. Fled74 is no stranger to winning the Banner Contest and has won the December Contest two years in a row now sporting our special Holiday theme. Forum member Dropshipbob came in second place with 26% of the vote and frequent Contest competitor Footloose took 3rd place with 17% of the vote. You can view the 2nd and 3rd place entries at the bottom of this page. This month sparked some good conversation about the logo placement during the voting process. Several voters felt that the standard site logo placement hurt the chances of Dropshipbob’s chances while several other members argued that the logo could be adjusted. Lead Administrator NSA commented on the debate and you can read his statement below.
“I think the logo CAN be moved, if it is not too much work. I wouldn’t COUNT on it though, you SHOULD make your banner submission with our logo placement in mind. Generally, if you think of it ahead of time it’s not too hard to fit your idea in our allowed space.
We like to keep things uniform as much as possible, though I can see having the ‘special’ months (Halloween, Christmas, etc) being more flexible than the normal months in the future.”
Rules and Regulations:
1. The submission must be done by the USER and no one but USER.
2. The submission must be in the correct size/aspect ratio: 920px by 322px. You can use any free editing program to crop your image to this size/ratio. Any image submitted outside of this size/ratio will be discarded.
3. The USER submitting the image releases all rights to the submitted image, giving The Fighting 1:18th full usage rights.
4. There will be ONE banner entry, per-person, per-month. If you submit more than ONE entry, all entries will be disqualified. You CAN delete an entry and replace it with another before the end of the month.
5. If there are more than 10 USER’s submitted banners for any given month, there will be a primary “run off” to find our 10 finalists. Details for the run off will be in that thread.
6. You may re-submit a NON-winner banner up to (3) additional times.
To submit an entry into the banner contest you must create a NEW thread in the Banner forum with the title “USER’s banner entry for the month of xxxx”. Where USER is your forum name, and xxxx is the upcoming month. Any entries not submitted in this fashion will be discarded.
8. Please send Major Blood the images for any entries. We will be doing a “blind voting” this time to give it a trial run. If it works out, this will be the standard. Make sure the entry is hosted. If not make sure the dimensions are correct and Major Blood will host it. Dimensions are 920×322
We are fast approaching a new month and look forward to your entries! Thanks for contributing and making our site even more interactive!