The Fighting 1:18th

Go Back   The Fighting 1:18th > >

All Other Toys For the rest of you other scale lovers. 1/6, 1/12, 1/16, etc.

Unread 07-09-2017, 01:02 PM   #3626
G.I.*EDDIE
gobbles a LOT of cock

G.I.*EDDIE is on a distinguished road

Awards Showcase

The bot modes are where it always falls apart. So generic.
Unread 07-14-2017, 07:27 AM   #3627
pcsguy88
медведь

pcsguy88 is on a distinguished road

Awards Showcase

What figure did Ron buy today to assault the senses of Eddie and Nacho?

pcsguy88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-14-2017, 10:40 AM   #3628
nacho
"Big Guns"

nacho is on a distinguished road

Awards Showcase

I do really like that he turns into a cab-over instead of a big-nose rig... but that bot-mode... he's basically a shell-former with very little of the vehicle becoming any meaningful part of the bot, and those feet...

But I am surprised how such a Bay-bot can turn into a G1-esque alt mode.

nacho is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-14-2017, 11:12 AM   #3629
pcsguy88
медведь

Awards Showcase

Can't wait to get him and transform. From the videos I watched, every part of the cab turns inside out to reveal the Baybot. Damn impressive engineering from hastak and then Wei Jiang just knocked it out of the park. Never wanted a Nemesis until I saw this pimp Prime. Those flames with the gold outline and the purple weapons... Just beautiful.

He'd make for a perfect standalone MP Motor Master if he wasn't 2" taller than MP10.
Unread 07-14-2017, 12:05 PM   #3630
pcsguy88
медведь

Awards Showcase

Honestly if this was the Prime Bay had given us originally in normal colors and no flames or lips, I bet most of us would have cheered it. I mean, we have to cave a little going from 20yr old cartoon to mega live action movie. Most of the original Autobots would also be acceptable with some tweaking/toning down the jumbled mess and faces. It's the Decepticons that completely destroyed it except for Blackout. He's just badass.
Unread 07-14-2017, 12:43 PM   #3631
G.I.*EDDIE
gobbles a LOT of cock

Awards Showcase

I'm just not AT ALL a fan of completely abandoning the alt mode being a visible part of the bot with the Bay designs. I want to look at the bot and KNOW what the alt mode will be. He just WAY over complicates them and tries way too hard to over humanize their silhouettes and proportions.

And I don't buy that the designs needed to modernized. Am I supposed to believe that children wouldn't have gone bonkers for direct toon to live action translations (with real life details of course)? They would have eaten it up AND half of the fan base wouldn't have been alienated.
Unread 07-14-2017, 03:05 PM   #3632
pcsguy88
медведь

Awards Showcase

This Nemesis Prime has all the parts Geewun had and in the same places. Windshield, grill, wheels, smokestacks, fuel tanks, tow hitch and even some body panels. He's just slimmed down as you said and the chest has a v angle to it. Cover up the shoulder horns with you finger and look, it's skinny Prime.

I will not defend any others because I agree, but I think you refuse to see the obvious with this figure because you hate Bayformers.
Unread 07-14-2017, 09:11 PM   #3633
pcsguy88
медведь

Awards Showcase

After seeing TLK tonight, I take back anything movie related I have ever defended or didn't think was udder dog shit. Holy hell. Worst characters and designs I could ever image. Just shits all over the entire series of movies.

All you need to know is Earth is actually Unicron and and Cybertron looks exactly like the coast of Ireland even though it has no atmosphere and is inhabitated by machines. Oh, and now humans with M4's hurt Transformers. Especially funny since Decepticons were basically invincible to humans with bigger guns in the first movie.

Eddie and Nacho, your wisdom is gospel.
Unread 07-15-2017, 06:35 AM   #3634
pcsguy88
медведь

Awards Showcase

This might be the cleanest, bestest backside we have even been given transformers wise. It doesn't look like it transforms, more of a revotech figure. Is this what you guys mean by them being too streamline without car chunks hanging off?

Unread 07-15-2017, 11:45 AM   #3635
nacho
"Big Guns"

Awards Showcase

Nah, I just like looking at TFs and knowing what they turn into, as if their real-world transformations are reasonably simple, not millions of nano-panels morphing into something completely unrecognizable. I LIKE seeing the big cab on Prime's chest. I LIKE it being obvious that Sideswipe is a Countach or Jazz is a 935.

When I look at Bayformer bots, aside from the more brightly-colored like Prime and Bee, it's not clear who they are, it's not obvious what they turn into, or how that transformation would work. They're practically interchangeable.

If you took bayformer Jazz and through the magic of CGI turn him into the car-mode of bayformer Sideswipe, I don't think 99% of the viewing audience would even register that something was wrong because visually, there are no cues. With the G1 designs, it would be painfully clear something was amiss. Bayformers have no visual uniqueness, no memorable designs, and in the script, no characterization. Thus, Prime and Bee aside, they're literally non-entities... just interchangeable cannon fodder. Throw in the fact that they have ugly bug faces, and they simply don't register as transformers to me, just random goofy-looking robots I have zero connection to.

Calling a silver bug-faced bot that turns into a non-descript supercar "Jazz" lands about as well as calling a Wayans "Ripcord".

Last edited by nacho; 07-15-2017 at 11:48 AM.
Unread 07-15-2017, 08:29 PM   #3636
pcsguy88
медведь

Awards Showcase

My painting is done.

Unread 07-15-2017, 09:16 PM   #3637
G.I.*EDDIE
gobbles a LOT of cock

Awards Showcase

This is what I want out of the movie designs.

https://www.bilibili.com/video/av11730985/

Last edited by G.I.*EDDIE; 07-15-2017 at 09:19 PM.
G.I.*EDDIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2017, 09:18 PM   #3638
G.I.*EDDIE
gobbles a LOT of cock

Awards Showcase

This review is hlarious.

deadspin-quote-carrot-aligned-w-bgr-2<\/title><path d="M10,3.5l3-3,3,3Z" style="fill:%23fff;stroke:%23fff"/><path d="M0,3.5H10l3-3,3,3H26" style="fill:none;stroke:%231b3a4d"/><\/svg>')}.f_branding_on.blog-group-deadspin .editor-inner.post-content .pu
Unread 07-15-2017, 09:27 PM   #3639
pcsguy88
медведь

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.I.*EDDIE View Post
This is what I want out of the movie designs.

https://www.bilibili.com/video/av11730985/

Those are fucking awesome and I totally agree with you, but they definitely gave Prime the old nip and tuck treatment.
Unread 07-15-2017, 09:36 PM   #3640
pcsguy88
медведь

Awards Showcase

This is what I always dreamed about when it came out during the Alternators time frame and before the first movie:

https://youtu.be/4dilUbkP-PI
Unread 07-15-2017, 10:06 PM   #3641
G.I.*EDDIE
gobbles a LOT of cock

Awards Showcase

They definitely put Prime on a diet, but it's FAR superior to Bay stuff. I'd prefer the boxiness of G1, but that CG stuff is an acceptable compromise. Wheeljack is PERFECT.

That vid you linked is quite cool, but I'm not a fan of the spindly limb connections.
Unread 07-16-2017, 07:45 AM   #3642
pcsguy88
медведь

Awards Showcase

You know, I think the Alternators line is why I am so open to different interpretations. I had not been in a toy aisle in 15yrs when I stumbled upon Smokescreen at Walmart. The ex-wife and I would get off work at 11pm on payday Fridays and hit the 24hr WM on the way home to just wander. He caught my eye because I had fallen in love with that Subaru livery on Gran Turismo. After a handful of trips and looking at it each time, I finally bought him, my first toy since puberty. That's how this all started. I found the good MP-01 (not DVD) the next week in the clearance section for $25 and never looked back.
Unread 07-16-2017, 08:28 AM   #3643
pcsguy88
медведь

Awards Showcase

Ok, last pic of this abomination. This is probably the most logical alt mode for Megs since it flies and is not human. I love my gun Megs, but that shit never made any sense. About as much sense as having the intakes on the rear and thrusters on the front...

Unread 07-16-2017, 12:01 PM   #3644
G.I.*EDDIE
gobbles a LOT of cock

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcsguy88 View Post
You know, I think the Alternators line is why I am so open to different interpretations. I had not been in a toy aisle in 15yrs when I stumbled upon Smokescreen at Walmart. The ex-wife and I would get off work at 11pm on payday Fridays and hit the 24hr WM on the way home to just wander. He caught my eye because I had fallen in love with that Subaru livery on Gran Turismo. After a handful of trips and looking at it each time, I finally bought him, my first toy since puberty. That's how this all started. I found the good MP-01 (not DVD) the next week in the clearance section for $25 and never looked back.
I never got into any TFs since childhood, until after 25th JOEs. And even then it was 3rd party G1 stuff. Same goes for all of the modern articulated toy lines I got back into. There was no in between collecting for me with DC or MU or MOTU etc. If there were new interpretations that made one more open to modern interpretations, I wasn't aware.

But yeah, I can see how a slow creep of updates could wear a path of acceptance in a fan. But to me, it was G1 and then a ridiculous leap to Bayformers. Quite jarring.
Unread 07-17-2017, 07:38 AM   #3645
nacho
"Big Guns"

Awards Showcase

I collected Alts, but I was never in love with them. They were too modern for my tastes, but at the time I believed it was the best we were ever going to get... so I settled. Had I known, I never would have touched an Alt. Really glad I sold them a few years ago before the 3PMP explosion took the bottom out of that market.

Eddie, that video shows the type of design I wanted from a CGI TF movie. Why Bay is obsessed with millions of panels, unrecognizable characters and bug faces is beyond me. There was a time I would assume we'd never get a good version, but at this point, I'm convinced that in the next 10-20 years, it'll get done. And if not, the technology is improving to the point that there will be full-length fan-films. Hollywood might not cater to us, but there are too many G1 fans for that portion of fandom to just disappear.

Unread 07-17-2017, 08:44 AM   #3646
pcsguy88
медведь

Awards Showcase

*quietly waits for Transformers reboot*
Unread 07-17-2017, 10:42 AM   #3647
G.I.*EDDIE
gobbles a LOT of cock

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by nacho View Post
Why Bay is obsessed with millions of panels, unrecognizable characters and bug faces is beyond me.
Is there some old robo-bug sci-fi out there that maybe he drew inspiration from because I don't get it either. Maybe it's plain old ego. He designed it (or signed off on it?) because he thinks it's awesome. The films continually make hundreds of millions. The toys are selling well...? As far as he's concerned, he's a genius. He wacks it looking into a mirror.

I like your optimism, but I just don't see a more G1esque reboot happening. The young fans (the cheap toy line purchasers) would lose it. They missed their opportunity by not going G1 right from the start. The young fans would've eaten it up if it was the first live action incarnation they were introduced to. Now, it's a divided fan base.
Unread 07-17-2017, 10:47 AM   #3648
pcsguy88
медведь

Awards Showcase

Can you imagine Adam West styled universe being the next Batman trilogy?
Unread 07-17-2017, 10:48 AM   #3649
G.I.*EDDIE
gobbles a LOT of cock

Awards Showcase

Anyway, did you guys see anything from TFcon that has you excited? I didn't see anything that knocked my socks off or that wasn't expected. I was looking forward to seeing XTB's Menasor but good gawd! It's terrible! Toon fans finally got that super ugly blockformer design they drool over.

My buddy went to the show and picked me up a Ocular Max Rally. I have no nostalgic connection to the character/figure, but it just looks so cool. That and I love the OM Trailbreaker design.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcsguy88 View Post
Can you imagine Adam West styled universe being the next Batman trilogy?
Exactly. Though now that you mention it...
Unread 07-17-2017, 11:03 AM   #3650
pcsguy88
медведь

Awards Showcase

Is GT4 J4ZZ Masterpiece scale?