The Fighting 1:18th

Go Back   The Fighting 1:18th > >

All Other Toys For the rest of you other scale lovers. 1/6, 1/12, 1/16, etc.

Unread 11-27-2017, 03:47 PM   #3826
pcsguy88
медведь

pcsguy88 is on a distinguished road

Awards Showcase

Finally.

pcsguy88 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-27-2017, 06:25 PM   #3827
G.I.*EDDIE
gobbles a LOT of cock

G.I.*EDDIE is on a distinguished road

Awards Showcase

Takara Transformers-dididothat-jpg
Attached Images
File Type: jpg didIdothat.jpg (3.34 MB, 30 views)
Unread 11-27-2017, 06:35 PM   #3828
pcsguy88
медведь

Awards Showcase

Best $75 figure I’ve ever owned. Brilliant. He will not be my display Megatron until they make a real gun steel silver version, but gosh darnnit, he’s amazing. It’s like Megatron walking out of your 4K tv and making you rub his penis. Infectious. Just not for public display.
Unread 11-27-2017, 08:56 PM   #3829
nacho
"Big Guns"

nacho is on a distinguished road

Awards Showcase

It's funny. Had this come out a few years ago, I'd probably have thought it was the greatest thing ever. However, in light of some of the other 3P figures, it's far easier to nitpick. I can't get past the weird pointy feet and old-man belt line. I mean, that torso is literally half the size/height it should be. That being said, it's a vast improvement over MP-5.

I'll be sticking with Despotron in my display, but I can see there are plenty of things to like about this guy. Certainly that price is a huge improvement over the TT gouge.

nacho is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-27-2017, 09:16 PM   #3830
G.I.*EDDIE
gobbles a LOT of cock

Awards Showcase

The extra big noggin, the high trousers and skinny feet aside, I can see the allure.

Has anyone attempted a head swap to Despotron? TT not surprisingly nailed the head/face(s).
Unread 11-28-2017, 05:07 AM   #3831
pcsguy88
медведь

Awards Showcase

If WeiJang’s wasn’t oversized, it’s pretty much the perfect hybrid of the TT and Apollyon molds. Really clean back too.

This TT knockoff I got is just pure toon nostalgia fun. Changing the face to one of the open mouth ones together with his hands and articulation make him a pure joy to handle and he goes well with my Hasbro toon Prime. Hopefully one of the 4 companies kicks out one in real world colors so that it looks good with my car bots.

Now to wait a year for KO Sunstreaker and I should be done collecting TFs.

PS: Anyone paying $200 for these latest figures is just a fool. If I handed you this one, you’d never know it wasn’t official with it’s excellent joints and paint quality. So much better than my other 4 KO molds. Only thing wrong with mine (and apparently all of this batch) is the slightly off center chest emblem.
Unread 11-28-2017, 09:16 AM   #3832
pcsguy88
медведь

Awards Showcase

THF has now added a light for the eyes and it works on the geewun toy head. Too bad it’s still grey.

Unread 11-29-2017, 02:47 PM   #3833
pcsguy88
медведь

Awards Showcase

THF looking good.

Silver? -check
English audio clips with added LED fusion cannon? -check
Taller than Prime? -check
80’s toy head and etched chest plate? -check
Backplate to make his back as clean as his front? -check

Go to 5:50 for size comparison:

Unread Yesterday, 07:44 PM   #3834
pcsguy88
медведь

Awards Showcase

After 2 weeks, I’ve got to say MP-36 is my favorite TF toy I have ever owned. Hard to believe it, but this figure is just amazing. It has more articulation than any Joe ever made and just looks alive when you pose him. Whodathunkit?
Unread Yesterday, 08:39 PM   #3835
nacho
"Big Guns"

Awards Showcase

That's awesome. It's always really cool when you find a figure that makes you that happy.

Unread Yesterday, 08:47 PM   #3836
pcsguy88
медведь

Awards Showcase

Especially when it’s unexpected. I have not enjoyed a figure this much since my long gone 20th Anniversary MP-1. Hard to believe he booted Quakewave, Wardog and Bruticus from the top of my collection.
Unread Today, 07:14 AM   #3837
pcsguy88
медведь

Awards Showcase

So now Takara is going to repaint all the cars to conform to their insistence on going full toon?
Unread Today, 08:17 AM   #3838
nacho
"Big Guns"

Awards Showcase

That seems to be the trend. They started with Red Alert, and iirc, they're going to do Sideswipe too. And of course, their sunstreaker is 100% toon already. Have they announced more, like Wheeljack or the Datsuns?

Honestly, that trend does nothing for me. Even with my first-run officials, I normally reprolabel them up to have that toy look. The only ones I want to resemble the toon are the guys that had horrible toys, like Ratchet, Ironhide and about half of the '86 movie cast.

Even so, I want an ironhide that looks like a "perfect" version, not a straight-out-of-the-screen version. Something like the early carbots that captures a true masterpiece rendition of the character. Real world scale-model-esque alt modes, bot characteristics that take the best idealized ideas of the toon and iconic features of the toyline and smoosh them into one ultimate representation.

The toonification of the MP line is a great disappointment that really takes a hard left turn from the original intent of the whole endeavor.

Unread Today, 09:59 AM   #3839
pcsguy88
медведь

Awards Showcase

Guessing they cost more than the originals too considering Sunstreaker’s price tag. Guessing they see it as a way to milk the fans even more and almost certainly have plans to redo the Datsun and WJ. Wouldn’t doubt if the de-chrome Grimlock for a cool $150.
Unread Today, 10:49 AM   #3840
nacho
"Big Guns"

Awards Showcase

Any excuse to reissue/repaint. That's really HasTak's go-to play. I'm ok with it as a way to recoup tooling costs and keep the line going. I won't be rebuying anything, but I have no problem with toony reissues. It's when the whole line moves that way from the onset that really irks me, and that seems to be where we've landed.

But honestly, I try not to get too worked up over it. I need Toro (Cliffjumper) to complete my S1 display, and I'd like to add a Blitzwing and Astrotrain to my '86 movie display when tolerable options surface. Otherwise, I'm about done. 3P has really filled in a lot of holes.

I might replace a figure or two if some new release is really special or a substantial upgrade, but I'm getting very close to being content with my MP collection. I know I'll be tempted by the eventual FT combiners, but if I never get anymore combiners, it'll be ok. And I'll probably wait for the KOs if I get any, so it won't be a substantial investment.

I'm a little excited to get my collecting down to some 3P legends/scout scale figures (those Iron Factory DJD figs are to die for) and select X-Men and Spidey Marvel Legends. I felt like I was drinking from the collection fire hose for a couple of years. It'll be nice to have funds for "other" hobbies again, like cars and photography*. What a novel concept!

* I need a Dodge Challenger and Sony A7ii in the worst way

Last edited by nacho; Today at 10:51 AM.
Unread Today, 10:59 AM   #3841
pcsguy88
медведь

Awards Showcase

Beyond Sunstreaker and a Mirage, I cant think of anything else I want. I could quit with Megs and be perfectly content, but I know damn well I'll end up with Zeta's Aerialbots if they review well.
Unread Today, 11:21 AM   #3842
G.I.*EDDIE
gobbles a LOT of cock

Awards Showcase

The move to super toony by TT and 3P alike really killed my enthusiasm for MP. Which, I guess is okay considering that I wanted to steer clear of MP to begin with. Those KO Datsuns sucked me right in. But now I have this half done collection that neither TT or 3P have any intention of finishing in the original "perfect" style. Ugh.
Unread Today, 11:32 AM   #3843
nacho
"Big Guns"

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcsguy88 View Post
Beyond Sunstreaker and a Mirage, I cant think of anything else I want. I could quit with Megs and be perfectly content, but I know damn well I'll end up with Zeta's Aerialbots if they review well.
I like Zeta's Aerialbots, as the overall designs look good, and the price is definitely right. It's the headsculpts that really bug me. AirRaid's noggin is odd. I know it's supposed to be the toy look, but it's not quite right. And FT's is super toony, but I know the quality will be there. I'm hoping a future bot will come with an upgraded head for Zeta's AR, and then maybe I'll get on the trolley.

When I think combiners, I still bristle at how much I spent on TFC Herc, Uranos, and FP Intimidator... and they were all colossal piles of very expensive shit. I got back on the wagon with Constructor, mostly because it was a v2 with fixes in a box set that was cheaper than the original single figures. It's great, but I need more 20" transformers like I need a hole in the head, especially ones that I have a 50/50 shot of regretting in two years.