The Fighting 1:18th

Go Back   The Fighting 1:18th > >

Everything Else If it doesn't belong anywhere else, it belongs here! (Try to keep it PG-13 please!)

Unread 04-20-2017, 05:08 PM   #29051
nacho
Oxford comma rules, b!tch

nacho is on a distinguished road

Awards Showcase

I can see why it's not an attractive characteristic to every woman, but very few male hobbies are. By the same token, I don't know why they'd find it repulsive either.

In fact, I can't think of many male hobbies that are universally appealing to women. If you play golf and hang out at the club, that probably appeals to the gold diggers and social climbers, but it would be a turn off for less pretentious women. Working on old cars could really go either way, as some women are attracted by a sweaty, greasy manly-man, and some women are repulsed by a dude obsessed with working on his car. No matter what I think of, I can imagine a woman that hates it and a woman that likes it (or at least isn't bothered by it).

I think the bigger issue is that most women don't want a guy that is overly obsessed with anything that isn't her or is likely to ignore her needs as a wife/mother. But why the article chose to single out toy collectors is odd. It reeks of tired stereotypical make-fun-of-geek-culture clickbait.

Last edited by nacho; 04-20-2017 at 05:11 PM.
nacho is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-20-2017, 07:22 PM   #29052
G.I.*EDDIE
gobbles a LOT of cock

G.I.*EDDIE is on a distinguished road

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by nacho View Post
That works both ways, but guys at least have the decency to power through it
Heh, indeed we do. Fortunately I'm not at that point...yet.

Quote:
I think the bigger issue is that most women don't want a guy that is overly obsessed with anything that isn't her or is likely to ignore her needs as a wife/mother. But why the article chose to single out toy collectors is odd. It reeks of tired stereotypical make-fun-of-geek-culture clickbait.
Yeah, women just want a dude/dudes to worship them. But once they have that, "you're too clingy".

As for the why of the article, it's just another means to divide us.
Unread 04-20-2017, 10:03 PM   #29053
PROVOST
Colonel in Chief

PROVOST is on a distinguished road

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcsguy88 View Post
Why would I want a douchebag shifty bike in the city? 220cc, 0-50 in 3-4 seconds with a top speed of 70mph (not kilometers) with a twist of the throttle is far superior. If I wanted to cruise for long on the highway or shop for split tail, then I’d buy a Harley or a Buell.

Buell do make good bikes indeed.

мыслете наш он покой
PROVOST is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-21-2017, 06:08 AM   #29054
pcsguy88
медведь

pcsguy88 is on a distinguished road

Awards Showcase

Adults who buy toys - and 13 other things that should make you run a mile from any man

Big news, last week, was that the adult toy market is growing three times faster than the children’s toy market - previously known just as the toy market.

Lego, Scalextric sets, drones, you name it, are being snapped up by people with jobs and mortgages, Nespresso machines and gym memberships. I know. Disturbing or what? Naturally it goes without saying that most of these people are men, and that these men fall into the category of ones women (looking for suitors) automatically avoid.

It’s just one of those unspoken rules that females absorb by osmosis; point one on the Klaxon List of things that should make you run a mile.

It’s not so specific, the Klaxon List, of course. Until this moment we weren’t aware that there were grown men who spent £500 on a Scalextric set, but we know the type. Adult toy owners fall into broadly the same category as the model railway lot, committed gamers (arguably less weird, still klaxon worthy) and so it goes on.

There are universal deal breaking signs, that is what the Klaxon List is all about, but they’re not necessarily what you think they are. In brief:

1. A special mention for drone owners
So not just owning the latest version of a model boat (also odd) but an aggressive, space invasive toy which makes you think of voyeurs and flashers. Bluetooth headsets for some reason give us the same, bit-of-a-woman-hater, message.

2. Cleavage gazers
That’s just your basic (lack of) sophistication indicator. Also anyone who leches after – God forbid touches – the waitress (see it all the time) and all related behaviours.

3. Divorced men who...
Talk about their status as a loving single parent within three minutes of introducing themselves. They say: ‘my number one priority is her happiness’. You hear ‘I am an amazing man’.

4. Funny made up accents
Like Tom Hardy’s. What are you dealing with? Certainly not a GSOH.

5. Men who have a ‘passion’
That they take so seriously it overrides everything else no matter what. No unforeseen turn of events will stand in the way of their regular bridge night or tennis four. That’s the selfish klaxon sounding, while you try to hear, “lovely that they care so much about something”.

6. Never quite getting to the bar to pay for that round
Not just the obvious issue with being tight, but zero shame, so double klaxons here.

7. Fastidiousness around food
Those politicians gamely chomping down on giant sausage rolls at 11am are onto something. The bloke who doesn’t really like food, or has a lot of caveats - somehow worrying.

8. Squeamishness

Any anxiety around bodily functions, in particular alarm in the context of things that happen to women in the natural course of events... very loud klaxons.

9. Eager Eviscerators
So he is clever and can take down the misguided dimmo with one slice of his razor tongue. Exhilarating. Nonetheless firmly on the klaxon list. He is Not Kind.

10. Personal vanity
Your children should be able to put your hair in bunches. Your wife should be able to compare you to Mrs Brown. Perfect white teeth equal instant klaxons.

11. Really minding being talked over
I mean nobody loves that, but if it’s actually causing rage, if he feels compelled to ask someone to not talk over him, not a good sign.

12. A finely tuned awareness of their health
Naturally you don’t want the opposite, either, but men who take their health very seriously are the ones who need this and that and they’d rather leave early and… klaxons.

13. Men with pudding bowl haircuts and home-trimmed fringes
Who always wear the same clothes and their top buttons done up. High risk you would think. But then along comes Eric Monkman on University Challenge who turns out to be the lovable nerd who makes us question the Klaxon List… though not so much that we’re putting it away.
pcsguy88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-21-2017, 06:15 AM   #29055
pcsguy88
медведь

Awards Showcase

Obviously written by a man hater because every man fits one of those columns.
Unread 04-21-2017, 07:23 AM   #29056
Videoviper
illuminati

Videoviper is on a distinguished road

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by One day eaten by her cats: wrote[B
Adults who buy toys - and 13 other things that should make you run a mile from any man[/B]

Big news, last week, was that the adult toy market is growing three times faster than the children’s toy market - previously known just as the toy market.

Lego, Scalextric sets, drones, you name it, are being snapped up by people with jobs and mortgages, Nespresso machines and gym memberships. I know. Disturbing or what? Naturally it goes without saying that most of these people are men, and that these men fall into the category of ones women (looking for suitors) automatically avoid.

It’s just one of those unspoken rules that females absorb by osmosis; point one on the Klaxon List of things that should make you run a mile.

It’s not so specific, the Klaxon List, of course. Until this moment we weren’t aware that there were grown men who spent £500 on a Scalextric set, but we know the type. Adult toy owners fall into broadly the same category as the model railway lot, committed gamers (arguably less weird, still klaxon worthy) and so it goes on.

There are universal deal breaking signs, that is what the Klaxon List is all about, but they’re not necessarily what you think they are. In brief:

1. A special mention for drone owners
So not just owning the latest version of a model boat (also odd) but an aggressive, space invasive toy which makes you think of voyeurs and flashers. Bluetooth headsets for some reason give us the same, bit-of-a-woman-hater, message.

2. Cleavage gazers
That’s just your basic (lack of) sophistication indicator. Also anyone who leches after – God forbid touches – the waitress (see it all the time) and all related behaviours.

3. Divorced men who...
Talk about their status as a loving single parent within three minutes of introducing themselves. They say: ‘my number one priority is her happiness’. You hear ‘I am an amazing man’.

4. Funny made up accents
Like Tom Hardy’s. What are you dealing with? Certainly not a GSOH.

5. Men who have a ‘passion’
That they take so seriously it overrides everything else no matter what. No unforeseen turn of events will stand in the way of their regular bridge night or tennis four. That’s the selfish klaxon sounding, while you try to hear, “lovely that they care so much about something”.

6. Never quite getting to the bar to pay for that round
Not just the obvious issue with being tight, but zero shame, so double klaxons here.

7. Fastidiousness around food
Those politicians gamely chomping down on giant sausage rolls at 11am are onto something. The bloke who doesn’t really like food, or has a lot of caveats - somehow worrying.

8. Squeamishness

Any anxiety around bodily functions, in particular alarm in the context of things that happen to women in the natural course of events... very loud klaxons.

9. Eager Eviscerators
So he is clever and can take down the misguided dimmo with one slice of his razor tongue. Exhilarating. Nonetheless firmly on the klaxon list. He is Not Kind.

10. Personal vanity
Your children should be able to put your hair in bunches. Your wife should be able to compare you to Mrs Brown. Perfect white teeth equal instant klaxons.

11. Really minding being talked over
I mean nobody loves that, but if it’s actually causing rage, if he feels compelled to ask someone to not talk over him, not a good sign.

12. A finely tuned awareness of their health
Naturally you don’t want the opposite, either, but men who take their health very seriously are the ones who need this and that and they’d rather leave early and… klaxons.

13. Men with pudding bowl haircuts and home-trimmed fringes
Who always wear the same clothes and their top buttons done up. High risk you would think. But then along comes Eric Monkman on University Challenge who turns out to be the lovable nerd who makes us question the Klaxon List… though not so much that we’re putting it away.
This article was written by what we call a

Die alone - Yep you guessed it they will die along because they pushed away anyone who would give a dam about them.

Also - she is a klaxons for breaking #9
Videoviper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-21-2017, 07:31 AM   #29057
nacho

Awards Showcase

That's worse than I thought.

-Can't be too aware of your health, but can't be the opposite. That seems to be a pretty narrow window. Specifically, what is the exact right amount of care about my heath that isn't a "klaxon"?!

-If you enjoy flying a drone, you're clearly a perv.

-Avoid "men who have a passion" - read: Men who will have a life outside the woman's interests. Check.

-Nice teeth - if we didn't already know, this would have been a clue to her britishness. Can't have nice teeth, heaven forbid!

-Doesn't like being interrupted - because this bitch is going to interrupt you with her important shit on a constant basis. You'd better get used to it.

Holy smoke, this chic has inadvertently set off every alarm I could possibly have for a woman. Talk about wanting to run away quickly. She sounds like an obnoxious, controlling shrew.

Unread 04-21-2017, 07:35 AM   #29058
nacho

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.I.*EDDIE View Post
Heh, indeed we do. Fortunately I'm not at that point...yet.
I'm not either. I'm still attracted to my wife, but decades from now, when we're both old and frightening-looking when naked, I'm pretty sure that I won't quit trying...

Unread 04-21-2017, 07:41 AM   #29059
ThunderDan19
Here Comes the Boom!!!

ThunderDan19 is on a distinguished road

Awards Showcase

Re: the "article"

Bitter much? She reeks of not being attractive or interesting enough to attract a man, therefore no man is "good" enough...

She will indeed be eaten by her cats one day, after overdosing in antidepressants and sleeping pills... I sure hope the high levels of medication don't adversely affect the poor cats...

Come at me, bro...
ThunderDan19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-21-2017, 08:28 AM   #29060
NSA
Dear Leader

NSA is on a distinguished road

Awards Showcase

Send a message via AIM to NSA

Ha! Wow that is bad.

It's interesting seeing the small changes in wording from the UK compared to the USA.

And you guys were right, the toy thing was just clickbait for the rest of the garbage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecorporation View Post
I'm sure ninjas are great people, but I think they should be more like traditional ninjas: neither seen nor heard.
Quote:
I take it all back! Fords are the bestest cars EVER!
Quote:
All figures should be doled out per union bylaws to each individual, based purely on seniority, at cost, free shipping, delivered to your door in a ford.
NSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-21-2017, 11:11 AM   #29061
G.I.*EDDIE
gobbles a LOT of cock

Awards Showcase

Quote:
That's worse than I thought.

-Can't be too aware of your health, but can't be the opposite. That seems to be a pretty narrow window. Specifically, what is the exact right amount of care about my heath that isn't a "klaxon"?!

-If you enjoy flying a drone, you're clearly a perv.

-Avoid "men who have a passion" - read: Men who will have a life outside the woman's interests. Check.

-Nice teeth - if we didn't already know, this would have been a clue to her britishness. Can't have nice teeth, heaven forbid!

-Doesn't like being interrupted - because this bitch is going to interrupt you with her important shit on a constant basis. You'd better get used to it.

Holy smoke, this chic has inadvertently set off every alarm I could possibly have for a woman. Talk about wanting to run away quickly. She sounds like an obnoxious, controlling shrew.
Hah! You need to make a retort for every one of her nit picks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderDan19 View Post
Re: the "article"

Bitter much? She reeks of not being attractive or interesting enough to attract a man, therefore no man is "good" enough...

She will indeed be eaten by her cats one day, after overdosing in antidepressants and sleeping pills... I sure hope the high levels of medication don't adversely affect the poor cats...
I feel like that article would be a good one for Molyneux to tackle. Similar to when he tackled that single mom article.

Unread 04-21-2017, 12:45 PM   #29062
ThunderDan19
Here Comes the Boom!!!

Awards Showcase

Yeah, that would be rich! She is a fantastic example of why MGTOW has become so popular...

Come at me, bro...
Unread 04-21-2017, 01:16 PM   #29063
nacho

Awards Showcase

That's pretty funny, Eddie. You're right, he should respond to this article!

Unread 04-21-2017, 06:55 PM   #29064
pcsguy88
медведь

Awards Showcase

So you know how I didn't want to be a complete dork and order the Xwing helmet? And then I found that orange helmet which I just can't stop oogling? Well, turns out the orange is impossible to get in the US at the moment, so the cute heroin addict biker girl sweet talked me into ordering the red.

$300 and a drive home (away from her perky attributes), I realize what I have actually ordered...

Unread 04-21-2017, 08:36 PM   #29065
G.I.*EDDIE
gobbles a LOT of cock

Awards Showcase

Quote:
That's pretty funny, Eddie. You're right, he should respond to this article!
I wonder how I could bring it to his attention. I feel like posting in a Youtube comments section, it would get so lost.

Quote:
So you know how I didn't want to be a complete dork and order the Xwing helmet? And then I found that orange helmet which I just can't stop oogling? Well, turns out the orange is impossible to get in the US at the moment, so the cute heroin addict biker girl sweet talked me into ordering the red.

$300 and a drive home (away from her perky attributes), I realize what I have actually ordered...
Wow. It is quite "ceegee" looking.

Somehow these "cute heroin addict" don't go together.
Unread 04-21-2017, 08:42 PM   #29066
ThunderDan19
Here Comes the Boom!!!

Awards Showcase

Customize it!

Come at me, bro...
Unread 04-22-2017, 05:09 AM   #29067
pcsguy88
медведь

Awards Showcase

NSA had a good point, nobody will be able to recognize me with it on, but I'll still die inside if someone screams out Yo Joe! or Cobrahhhhh! at a stoplight. If it happens, maybe I go buy red leathers and embrace it. Comicon costume for life. Go get a cobra sigil tattooed to my leg.

I'll probably run most of the time with only the goggles anyways which completely alleviates the issue to begin with.

Quote:
Customize it!
Airbrush a rather large silver sigil on the side? Mirrored lens?

Unread 04-22-2017, 06:42 AM   #29068
nacho

Awards Showcase

Or you could put some other decals on it to keep it from screaming CG. Like a fat girl with pink hair, distract from the real issue!

Unread 04-22-2017, 06:50 AM   #29069
ThunderDan19
Here Comes the Boom!!!

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Airbrush a rather large silver sigil on the side? Mirrored lens?
Yes and yes! I say embrace it! Seeing a fully cosplay garbed CG flying down the highway on a scooter would be epic!

Come at me, bro...
Unread 04-22-2017, 07:56 AM   #29070
pcsguy88
медведь

Awards Showcase

Sounds like the poor man's version of this video:

https://youtu.be/A_bHioelV6A
Unread 04-22-2017, 10:59 AM   #29071
ThunderDan19
Here Comes the Boom!!!

Awards Showcase

That is awesome! Although I still think a full CG outfit on a scooter would be even more fabulous...

Come at me, bro...
Unread 04-22-2017, 11:39 AM   #29072
G.I.*EDDIE
gobbles a LOT of cock

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Or you could put some other decals on it to keep it from screaming CG. Like a fat girl with pink hair, distract from the real issue!

Goes from "Hey, look at that fat girl." to "Hey, look at that mess."

But yeah, a CG on a scooter would be amazing! But honestly, a rebel pilot on a scooter would be just as awesome.
Unread 04-22-2017, 01:15 PM   #29073
ThunderDan19
Here Comes the Boom!!!

Awards Showcase

Truly.

Come at me, bro...
Unread 04-22-2017, 09:20 PM   #29074
pcsguy88
медведь

Awards Showcase

Had they made an Imperial Tie pilot deco, I would have bought it since my scoot is dark greys and black. The orange lens of the rebel pilot helmet would have driven me crazy and the insanely cool Bobafett helmet was just too much in the +$400 range. Kylo's is a freaking mess.

Unread 04-22-2017, 11:16 PM   #29075
gman5004
Call me Garrison

gman5004 is on a distinguished road

Officially my birthday in 40 minutes.
Have a good sunday, y'all.

Murica. Y'know, Freedom and shit.

Actual quote from my texts:
Dad: Where are you
Me: Oh I dont know, just spreading freedom across the middle east...
D: WHERE ARE YOU!!!
Me: school
D: oh. Have a good day
gman5004 is offline   Reply With Quote