The Fighting 1:18th

Go Back   The Fighting 1:18th > >

Everything Else If it doesn't belong anywhere else, it belongs here! (Try to keep it PG-13 please!)

Unread 07-05-2011, 06:25 PM   #251
Mandingo Rex
★★★★★

Mandingo Rex is on a distinguished road

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeywrench View Post
I saw T3 for a 2nd time today, still awesome!
You may want to see a doctor. You could have brain damage...
Mandingo Rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-05-2011, 06:27 PM   #252
Monkeywrench
00coathanger

Monkeywrench is on a distinguished road

Awards Showcase

Send a message via Yahoo to Monkeywrench

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandingo Rex View Post
You may want to see a doctor. You could have brain damage...
haha. I thought the movie was great. Not as good as the first one but I really enjoyed it. I will most likely check it out a 3rd time before it goes to Blu Ray
Monkeywrench is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-05-2011, 06:33 PM   #253
Mandingo Rex
★★★★★

Awards Showcase

Yeah, you definitely need to get that checked out.
Unread 07-05-2011, 06:35 PM   #254
Monkeywrench
00coathanger

Awards Showcase

I will let you know if it's still awesome a 3rd time
Unread 07-06-2011, 05:27 AM   #255
G.I.*EDDIE
gobbles a LOT of cock

G.I.*EDDIE is on a distinguished road

Awards Showcase

Quote:
I saw T3 for a 2nd time today, still awesome!
and you took this guys opinion for Green Lantern?...this guy who thinks TF3 was good?!

not so credible any longer huh?

FYI, i barely like the first 2 TF movies...just say'n
G.I.*EDDIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-06-2011, 08:56 AM   #256
pcsguy88
медведь

pcsguy88 is on a distinguished road

Awards Showcase

I'll be seeing TF3 again as soon as I get a chance. I personally felt it was well balanced between humans and robots and the story was great compared to the first 2. Damn shame the 2nd one couldn't have this quality to make for a solid trilogy.

Rex must still be under the dilusion that Bay is going to mirror g1.
pcsguy88 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-06-2011, 09:17 AM   #257
Monkeywrench
00coathanger

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.I.*EDDIE View Post
and you took this guys opinion for Green Lantern?...this guy who thinks TF3 was good?!

not so credible any longer huh?

FYI, i barely like the first 2 TF movies...just say'n
you haven't even watched #3 yet. GL sucked donkey balls
Unread 07-06-2011, 09:31 AM   #258
The Ewokhunter
Crazyass Cracker

The Ewokhunter is on a distinguished road

Awards Showcase

maybe the studio thinks the balls jokes and sex jokes are subliminal enough that kids won't catch them.

If so, they are severely underestimating kids these days.
Unread 07-07-2011, 12:52 AM   #259
Mandingo Rex
★★★★★

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcsguy88 View Post
Rex must still be under the dilusion that Bay is going to mirror g1.
Naw, I pretty much knew what I was getting into when I saw the first one, but it went REALLY downhill fast with #2, and then redeemed itself slightly with #3, but I didn't feel like 3 was very fun, at all.

Neat blow-em-up alien flick, sure. But it wasn't fun.

And sure as hell not for kids. That PG-13 is a firm PG-13, because the "dirty" words and jokes in it will definitely make sense to any kid who's not a total halfwit.

For example, in TF1, I actually had several "WOW!" moments. I watched all 3 in the last week, and the reactions are still the same. When the chopper transforms at the beginning of TF1, that was awesome. I don't care if I like the designs or not, that's an awesome scene. When Prime transforms the first time, and Bumblebee fights the Decepticon cop car, and basically when Prime beats the piss out of all the Decepticons... Those were awesome. I felt like a kid again.

Even in that turd of a film of TF2, I loved the woodland fight between Prime and those other 3. And even the final battle, when Prime gets all hefty with the hybrid gear, that was kinda badass.

There wasn't a single scene in TF3 that really made me go "WOW! THAT'S AWESOME!" The snake-creature felt out of place and could've been in any sci-fi flick... The drone/vehicles all over Chicago felt like Terminator... Even the final battle was a letdown. There was no really awesome scene in it like in the first 2.

It was very flat, what can I say. I'm not a total Bay hater, either. He's had his flicks that I've enjoyed. Both Bad Boys, Armageddon, The Rock... Hell, I even liked The Island, and none of those were really any good (except maybe Bad Boys?).
Unread 07-07-2011, 11:19 AM   #260
ThunderDan19
Here Comes the Boom!!!

ThunderDan19 is on a distinguished road

Awards Showcase

Watched Zodiac the other night. Great flick, but long. Great acting from Jake Gillenhal, Robert Downey, and Mark Ruffalo.

Come at me, bro...
ThunderDan19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-07-2011, 11:24 AM   #261
Mandingo Rex
★★★★★

Awards Showcase

http://www.theonion.com/video/nation...michael,20888/
Unread 07-07-2011, 01:38 PM   #262
Monkeywrench
00coathanger

Awards Showcase

Quote:
There wasn't a single scene in TF3 that really made me go "WOW! THAT'S AWESOME!" The snake-creature felt out of place and could've been in any sci-fi flick... The drone/vehicles all over Chicago felt like Terminator... Even the final battle was a letdown. There was no really awesome scene in it like in the first 2.
really? were you sleeping when Shockwave was fucking shit up?

or the awesome battle on the freeway?
Unread 07-07-2011, 02:11 PM   #263
Mandingo Rex
★★★★★

Awards Showcase

Quote:
really? were you sleeping when Shockwave was fucking shit up?

or the awesome battle on the freeway?
I don't actually recall the freeway battle. Oh, the forgettable "Dreads"? Yeah, I did forget that part.

I'll buy the damn thing on BluRay when it comes out because I'm half-retarded and just do that sorta thing, but I won't be watching it again until then unless someone else pays my ticket fare to see it.

The Shockwave thing was utterly pointless in the plot, and could've been in any movie. There was nothing "Transformers" about that. Just ILM wasting a bunch of hours and pulling off an incredible stunt, but I felt like they wasted a lot of time on that when they could have done something much cooler elsewhere.

Then again, the film wasted a lot of time on a lot of things (mostly humans with bad dialogue and ridiculous scenarios). That was the one major "bot" scene that I thought was completely pointless. Yeah, it looked cool enough, but it just didn't work for me.
Unread 07-07-2011, 02:30 PM   #264
alcinde4
Kicker of asses and such

alcinde4 is on a distinguished road

I haven't seen TF3 yet, but it sure as hell doesn't need us to like it for it to do well. It's kicking copious amounts of ass at the box office. I'll probably go see it tomorrow.
alcinde4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-07-2011, 02:55 PM   #265
G.I.*EDDIE
gobbles a LOT of cock

Awards Showcase

the way youfeel about Shockwve MR, is the same way i felt about Gorilastator in part 2....just completely pointless...coulda been awesome, but the more than likely self proclaimed genious f*@#ed it up
Unread 07-07-2011, 03:02 PM   #266
K-Tiger
All solutions are final.

K-Tiger will become famous soon enough

Awards Showcase

What, you didn't like his testicles swaying around?
K-Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-07-2011, 03:06 PM   #267
G.I.*EDDIE
gobbles a LOT of cock

Awards Showcase

well besides that..i mean, c'mon, that was AWESOME!!
Unread 07-07-2011, 03:09 PM   #268
K-Tiger
All solutions are final.

K-Tiger will become famous soon enough

Awards Showcase

I liked the vacuum maw of death, but yeah, robotesticles, coonbots and assorted other horseshit will ensure i never make it through a TF movie.
K-Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-07-2011, 03:16 PM   #269
G.I.*EDDIE
gobbles a LOT of cock

Awards Showcase

yet its freaking raking in the dough...not looking good for the future of quality movies
Unread 07-07-2011, 03:44 PM   #270
xhairs
odd man out !!!!!!!!!!!!!

xhairs is on a distinguished road

Awards Showcase

Box Office Mojo has updated yet again with the one week financial totals for the recently released movie. A week later, Dark of the Moon has taken over the box-office with an estimated $204,421,287 in the USA alone, adding the total up to $486,078,414 worldwide.
CUSTOM TOYS ARE THE BEST TOYS!!!!!!!!!!
MY ALBUMS
http://www.joedios.com/dioramas/brow...imageuser=4191
MY CUSTOMS
http://s285.photobucket.com/albums/ll68/XHAIRS_photos/
xhairs is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-07-2011, 04:59 PM   #271
Monkeywrench
00coathanger

Awards Showcase

well I give up. I don't understand your pissy mood towards the movie. I thought it was freaking badass and I've already made plans to see it a 3rd time this weekend.
Unread 07-07-2011, 05:32 PM   #272
Mandingo Rex
★★★★★

Awards Showcase

Haha. I said it was a better film than TF2. It was definitely less awful, and I'll go so far as to say a vast improvement plot-wise... It wasn't as dumb or a loose jumbled mess, but it also wasn't as fun as the previous films. It was just bitter. But it still dragged in places with unnecessary shit that Bay finds funny (the dialogue and jokes were painfully awful, as were the characters spouting them) and didn't have the right mix of playful/fun to be Transformers. It was a better alien invasion movie, I'll give it that. But it felt even less like Transformers than #2 did.

Besides Prime transforming with his trailer components, there wasn't anything "new" to the "transforming" aspect of it. And technically, he did that at the end of #2. Like I said before, in TF1, we basically saw the base transformer: a robot turns into a vehicle or object. TF2 gave us combiners, triple-changers and pretenders, at the very least.

(Although like Eddie, I hated Devastator... Bay went about that all wrong... The Constructicons should've fought and almost won against the Autobots as individual bots, then merged for the "wow!" factor of the even more unbeatable foe... Instead, Bay just made "big robot that is made from smaller parts that smashes shit" and threw a bunch of Decepticon drones at us as cannon fodder in the desert. He totally missed the coolest part of them, which to me as a kid was the build-up...)

For TF3, nothing new was brought to it, while they could have. I kept waiting on that tiny Transformer thing that hung out with Wheelie to do something awesome like become a headmaster or something, but he was just a tiny goofy robot with wiggly hair. Like a Russ Trollbot. That worm thing was just dumb. Where the fuck did it come from? Bay didn't even take 30 seconds to explain who Shockwave was or why he was badass or what role he plays, or what that giant thing is or why it's dangerous... That could've been handled with a line or two of dialogue, but wasn't. Prime just says "It's Shockwave!" Well, thanks for at least telling us his name, that's an improvement over storytelling from TF2, you explosion-obsessed hack. And it didn't transform! Neither did any of the big vehicles, and they could have. At least then they would've been "Transformers", which is what the movie is about! Maybe if you count the "battle" mode of Bumblebee/Wreckers as something new, but that just added to the jumbled mess of the visuals for me.

The biggest improvements over 2 was yes, they left out the shuck-n-jivebots, and less crude humor, and the plot wasn't just a slew of Macguffins poorly strung together on an endless scavenger hunt for "the big thing that does something". But then they kept Simmons and replaced the (worst character in TF2) Leo Spitz with the gay butler/bodyguard (Alan Tudyk, wtf?!) and threw in Ken Jeong and John Malkovich to chew on even more scenery...

Did we see the same film?
Unread 07-07-2011, 07:53 PM   #273
Big Jim
Thread Derailer

Big Jim is on a distinguished road

Awards Showcase

Quote:
because I'm half-retarded.
you never go full retard
Big Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-07-2011, 11:05 PM   #274
Mandingo Rex
★★★★★

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Jim View Post
you never go full retard
Bay does, I only go half.
Unread 07-08-2011, 07:14 AM   #275
G.I.*EDDIE
gobbles a LOT of cock

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Although like Eddie, I hated Devastator... Bay went about that all wrong... The Constructicons should've fought and almost won against the Autobots as individual bots, then merged for the "wow!" factor of the even more unbeatable foe... Instead, Bay just made "big robot that is made from smaller parts that smashes shit" and threw a bunch of Decepticon drones at us as cannon fodder in the desert. He totally missed the coolest part of them, which to me as a kid was the build-up...
yeah, he (Bay) coulda made almost a half a movie with the Constructicons alone...they coulda had a story as individuals, fought as individuals and then when they were starting to get pushed back, formed Devy...that woulda been so bada$$...the build up for fans that already knew it was eventually coming woulda been intence...and the surprize for newbs woulda been even better...instead, one of the coolest concepts of TF, and IMO one of the coolest characters was a throw away on what came off as a big dumb retarded robot much like Frankenstein...

Quote:
That worm thing was just dumb. Where the fuck did it come from?
before any reviews, and long before it ever got to theatres, like right after i saw the first full trailer, i HATED that dumb a$$ worm thing...it just felt so much like the Matrix squid things...just WAY to alien...and honestly, thats been my biggest problem with Bay TFs...they've just strayed way to far from being robots to being way more generic aliens...people have seen truck loads of different kinds of aliens that Hollywood has created...even ones created from metal...but nothing about aliens that LOOK like (traditional) robots and not the typical alien...

he keeps giving us humans in the movie so that its relatable...you know whats relatable to humans?...the damn vehicles we drive around everyday!...make a movie where the robots look like traditional robots (again, relatable) turn into vehicles that are still recognizeable as the vehicles we know so we can, ya know, relate to them...its not rocket science