Go Back   The Fighting 1:18th > >

Marvel Universe For all-things Marvel Related

Unread 04-29-2016, 11:40 AM   #1
G.I.*EDDIE
gobbles a LOT of cock

G.I.*EDDIE is on a distinguished road

Awards Showcase

Default Marvel Netflix series

UPDATE: Marvel And Netflix's PUNISHER Spinoff Officially On The Way; First Teaser Image Released
Unread 04-29-2016, 12:33 PM   #2
nacho
"Big Guns"

nacho is on a distinguished road

Awards Showcase

Yeah, I'm excited about that. Haven't watched DD yet. I hear it's really good, but I struggle to get excited about that character. He just historically doesn't do it for me, but I plan to try it.

But the Punisher is one of my favs. I'll be all over that. As a huge comic nerd, it's odd, but I just don't get excited about comic book TV shows. They often stray too far from my image of the character, or they take classic stories and twist them until they're barely recognizable. However, the Punisher is more a force of nature, and his classic stories are more about the warring personalities (Jigsaw, Ma Gnucci, Barracuda) than plot points. As long as he's a gun toting vet whose family was accidentally killed by crooks, the rest writes itself.
nacho is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2016, 01:54 PM   #3
G.I.*EDDIE
gobbles a LOT of cock

Awards Showcase

The Netflix shows are something all together different than your typical TV CB show. I'd say you won't be disappointed, but you're a much bigger Marvel fan and more importantly, a MUCH bigger comic fan. You KNOW these characters in a way i just never have. For me thats good. If they make changes, I don't even notice unless I'm told.

I think thats pretty much the reason I can't enjoy DC films any longer. They've strayed WAY too far from the DC i grew up with. I just can't stomach it all.

But anyway, if I were you, I'd give them a watch. The tone of the shows draw you in quick. Next thing you know, you've binged watched 10 of the episodes and its 5am and you HAVE to go to bed.
Unread 04-29-2016, 04:57 PM   #4
Videoviper
illuminati

Videoviper is on a distinguished road

Awards Showcase

If you are a punisher fan watch daredevil season 2. Its basically punisher season 0.5

Plus I like the fact that punisher is more than 1 demention character which is why I stopped reading the comics
Videoviper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2016, 06:54 PM   #5
nacho
"Big Guns"

Awards Showcase

I plan to watch DD. I've PlayOn'd both seasons to watch at my leisure. It's finding the time. I plan to check out Jessica Jones too, as I really enjoyed Bendis's Alias title.... 15 years ago (damn).

But I cannot stand Arrow, Flash, Gotham, Lucifer, Constantine, Agents of SHIELD, Agent Carter, and the other crappy "comic" shows. I tried Supergirl just because the actress is a super cutie, but the writing was SOOOO bad. I suffered through three episodes, and that was three hours of my life I'll never get back.

However, I do hear that the Netflix shows are a different breed. they'd have to be to not suck!

Eddie, I'm with you about the DC movies. I own but haven't watched the third Batman. The superman films are all awful. And while I haven't seen it, the word is the BvS film is a trainwreck. I really enjoy the Marvel films that aren't named Fantastic Four. I somehow accept their variations better, at least with Cap and IM. The X-Men are my favorite comic franchise, so while I enjoy those films, I'm harder on them when they stray to far from the source material. Still, FF aside, they're all better than DC films.

Then again, I'm down on DC comics these days too. They can't do anything right. Maybe "Rebirth" will get back some of the post-crisis magic that was lost after Flashpoint.
Unread 04-29-2016, 07:42 PM   #6
G.I.*EDDIE
gobbles a LOT of cock

Awards Showcase

DC has just gone in a direction (with all of their material) that i just can't follow. They are on a path that they think is profitable, and it's NOT my cup of tea.

And yeah, I regularly watch Flash, Arrow and (begrudgingly) Legends of Tomorrow. The writing really is terrible...super terrible...i can't lie. Sooooooo much nonsensical behavior from the characters. Soooooo much irrational behavior. In the case of Flash and LoT, the time travel stuff, while cool, gets so screwed up by poor writing. But I keep hanging in there. Its better than theatrical stuff, as sad as that is.

Anyway, the Netflix shows are far beyond that. The writing, acting, production value and cinematography are pretty much movie quality. You can't go wrong there. What i can't vouch for is how much the material is changed from the source material and how much change you can tolerate.
Unread 04-30-2016, 06:03 AM   #7
nacho
"Big Guns"

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.I.*EDDIE View Post
Anyway, the Netflix shows are far beyond that. The writing, acting, production value and cinematography are pretty much movie quality. You can't go wrong there. What i can't vouch for is how much the material is changed from the source material and how much change you can tolerate.
It's funny, I can tolerate more deviation from the original stories when it's done well. When it's poorly written, acted, or produced, the comics continuity problems are magnified 10x.

Often I feel bad, like my nerd card is going to be revoked. Had you told me as a kid that we'd have a dozen super hero shows on tv at once, I'd have thought that was nirvana. But now, the minute I hear a show is going to be on network tv, I think, "well, that's just one more show I'll have to skip." And some whole franchises just don't appeal to me... Star Trek, Dr Who? I own roughly 15k-20k comic books, but I wouldn't watch that stuff on a dare.

In a broader sense, I feel like nerddom has gone so mainstream that i'm no longer the target audience. Instead of the core fanbase, they are trying to make everything accessible and palatable to the unwashed masses... and most of it, excluding the Marvel films, really misses the mark.
Unread 05-04-2016, 10:39 AM   #8
Dropshipbob
Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha

Dropshipbob is on a distinguished road

Awards Showcase

I tried watching the Punisher episodes of Dare Devil on Netflix...I watched ONE episode...just one, couldn't stand it. I didn't care much for the writing or the acting, not even with that one guy playing the Punisher.

Somtimes being grown up hurts more than growing up.

His foundation lie in the holy mountain, Selah.

Dropshipbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-05-2016, 04:42 AM   #9
Videoviper
illuminati

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dropshipbob View Post
I tried watching the Punisher episodes of Dare Devil on Netflix...I watched ONE episode...just one, couldn't stand it. I didn't care much for the writing or the acting, not even with that one guy playing the Punisher.
Watch episode 3, a lot of people were iffy until you see him get to really use his acting chops.
Unread 10-02-2016, 08:18 PM   #10
G.I.*EDDIE
gobbles a LOT of cock

Awards Showcase

Anyone watch Luke Cage? I hate, no loath, hip slop so much that I can't even imagine how I'd begin to watch the show. On mute?

So to anyone who's watched, is that crap music extremely prevalent?
Unread 10-03-2016, 09:07 AM   #11
Giga Bread
Mega Calories!

Giga Bread is on a distinguished road

Awards Showcase

I love it but I'm not sensitive on race issues so I think a few on here won't like it.
Unread 10-07-2016, 05:00 AM   #12
Contraband
Controlled Substance

Contraband is on a distinguished road

I think the race issue is intentionally fabricated to draw attention to the new show,and Netflix as a whole. I've been seeing a lot of stuff about it on FB,but in reality you never know who's really behind the original tweets or FB posts.

Being a white guy originally from southern Mississippi that grew up in Cleveland Ohio I can honestly say that most "race issues" are really "black folk issues". Most white folks are afraid to be even slightly racist,black folks? Not so much. In fact I've seen WAY more racism from blacks then whites,and it's become part of their culture now to be racist against white folks.

Quote:
Anyone watch Luke Cage? I hate, no loath, hip slop so much that I can't even imagine how I'd begin to watch the show. On mute?

So to anyone who's watched, is that crap music extremely prevalent?

How can you loathe hip hop? Im a heavy metal guy,BUT there are a hand full of hip hop songs that are really good! Nothing recent that I can think of,but the 90's where full of good music of al types. Modern music sucks tho,no matter what type
Contraband is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-07-2016, 05:20 AM   #13
Videoviper
illuminati

Awards Showcase

If you liked Jessia Jones, then chances are you will like Luke Cage.

That being said, The only thing that got me through JJ was convincing myself that Purple man was really Dr Who going through one of his dark periods.

My guess is that Eddie will not like Luke Cage but the show does have it moments.
Unread 10-07-2016, 10:41 AM   #14
G.I.*EDDIE
gobbles a LOT of cock

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Contraband View Post
How can you loathe hip hop?
I hate the music. I hate the cockiness. I hate ebonics. It's not a black thing. It could be the nerdiest white guys making/singing the music and I'd hate it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Videoviper View Post
My guess is that Eddie will not like Luke Cage but the show does have it moments.
I may come off as not liking black people because black. That's not the case at all. I hate criminal behavior and those that condone, enable and encourage it. I hate double standards. I hate the lies the media is manipulating the masses into believing.

There are a lot of race issues that cheese me off, but I don't hate anyone simply because they have a different complexion than me. That's moronic.
Unread 10-07-2016, 11:18 AM   #15
Videoviper
illuminati

Awards Showcase

Quote:
I
I may come off as not liking black people because black. That's not the case at all. I hate criminal behavior and those that condone, enable and encourage it. I hate double standards. I hate the lies the media is manipulating the masses into believing.

There are a lot of race issues that cheese me off, but I don't hate anyone simply because they have a different complexion than me. That's moronic.
Relax I am just kidding I know you don't hate black people

just breaders & small people.
Unread 10-07-2016, 11:28 AM   #16
G.I.*EDDIE
gobbles a LOT of cock

Awards Showcase

Hey! I don't hate kids! I just don't wanna be around them. Or see them. Or hear them. Or, yeah, maybe I don't, like...
Unread 03-21-2017, 09:00 AM   #17
Videoviper
illuminati

Awards Showcase

Anyone watching Iron Fist? I am enjoying it more than JJ & LC, but I didn't really like those series as I thought I might.
Unread 03-21-2017, 09:04 AM   #18
NSA
Dear Leader

NSA is on a distinguished road

Awards Showcase

Send a message via AIM to NSA

I haven't seen any of the netflix marvel stuff.. where is the best place to start?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecorporation View Post
I'm sure ninjas are great people, but I think they should be more like traditional ninjas: neither seen nor heard.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nacho View Post
I take it all back! Fords are the bestest cars EVER!
Quote:
Originally Posted by nacho View Post
All figures should be doled out per union bylaws to each individual, based purely on seniority, at cost, free shipping, delivered to your door in a ford.
NSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-21-2017, 09:40 AM   #19
Videoviper
illuminati

Awards Showcase

Daredevil, he is either a hero you will like or not, but pretty much the best of the series, (season 2 has the punisher which starts slow but gets to one of the best versions of Punisher yet.)

Jessica Jones & Luke Cage are nict heroes so you'l figure out quickly if you like them or not.

They all reference the MCU & each other but you don't have to see one to know what's going on in the others.
Unread 03-21-2017, 11:45 AM   #20
G.I.*EDDIE
gobbles a LOT of cock

Awards Showcase

Iron Fist was very enjoyable. Not as action packed or brutal as DD, but the story was good. Be prepared for a lot of corporate stuff.

The one thing I didn't like was the inclusion of Claire because it forces you to ask all too often "Why isn't she calling Matt/DD for help?!". Her saying "He's busy" wouldn't have been good enough even if she had said it. She should have just been excluded. That she didn't ask for him for help in so many appropriate instances was super dumb especially considering that they LIVE IN THE SAME CITY and even mentions Matt and Luke a couple times. Well ask Matt (Luke is locked up) to help us ya dumb b!tch!

I like both seasons of DD equally. They are both outstanding. I'd put IF next on that list then JJ and LC last because nope.

Last edited by G.I.*EDDIE; 03-23-2017 at 11:15 AM. Reason: idiotically used the wrong to/too. SHAME! *ding ding* SHAME!
G.I.*EDDIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-23-2017, 08:43 AM   #21
Giga Bread
Mega Calories!

Giga Bread is on a distinguished road

Awards Showcase

Colleen Wing, I believe, is a Hama character
Unread 03-23-2017, 10:49 AM   #22
Videoviper
illuminati

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giga Bread View Post
Colleen Wing, I believe, is a Hama character
& here I thought Iron Fist was written by people who knew nothing of asians.
Unread 05-03-2017, 10:20 AM   #24
G.I.*EDDIE
gobbles a LOT of cock

Awards Showcase

Gosh dang Elodie Young is purdy! Also, I guess that trailer was good or something.
Unread 05-29-2017, 01:02 AM   #25
Thriller-Bart
The Unwashed

Thriller-Bart is on a distinguished road

I'm waiting for The Defenders and The Punisher since Iron Fist doesn't really work well for me.
Thriller-Bart is offline   Reply With Quote