The Fighting 1:18th

Go Back   The Fighting 1:18th > >

Tech Talk A forum for video games, technology, real dolls.. wait what?

Unread 08-01-2017, 08:17 AM   #1
Dropshipbob
Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha

Dropshipbob is on a distinguished road

Awards Showcase

Default Alien Isolation problem

I know this game is three years old, but I've only started playing it recently and encountered a problem just yesterday. I've only played a handful of times and this problem will keep me from being able to play.

Originally there was a black band at the top and bottom, but yesterday, it gave me a warning that it was going to change the screen ratio. It started to give me a count-down and I don't know if I hit the wrong button, or didn't hit a button in time, but it changed it so now it just about fills the whole screen. Not only that, but everything is off center. When the game starts and usually gives you a short menu to the left, that menu is almost totally obscured. Unless you have it memorized (which I don't) you can't see what to pick.

Now, you'd probably tell me it's just the aspect ratio and I need to reset it, well, we tried that and none of the settings worked. We can change it on the computer itself, but that screws up all other programs and how they look.

I did a search and all the fixes I found for this game were for other problems...nothing for an off-set screen/enlarged screen.

Normally I'd simply uninstall and then re-install the whole game, but I don't know if I can do that since I don't have an actual "copy" of the game...it's all through Steam's on-line system.

I'm not very good with computers and this problem will keep me from being able to play this game. I guess the good thing is I only paid $20 or less for it.

Any suggestions?

Somtimes being grown up hurts more than growing up.

His foundation lie in the holy mountain, Selah.

Dropshipbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2017, 09:05 AM   #2
Videoviper
illuminati

Videoviper is on a distinguished road

Awards Showcase

You can either change the resolution temporarily & reset it to your prefered resolution.

You could out put it to a monitor/TV that has prefered viewing.

This is a common programming error where the program may have been set to display a certain way, but then better resolutions came out. You can try adjusting the zoom on your computer screen to see if that helps.
Videoviper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2017, 11:50 AM   #3
NSA
Dear Leader

NSA is on a distinguished road

Awards Showcase

Send a message via AIM to NSA

Great game though, hope you get it fixed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecorporation View Post
I'm sure ninjas are great people, but I think they should be more like traditional ninjas: neither seen nor heard.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nacho View Post
I take it all back! Fords are the bestest cars EVER!
Quote:
Originally Posted by nacho View Post
All figures should be doled out per union bylaws to each individual, based purely on seniority, at cost, free shipping, delivered to your door in a ford.
NSA is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2017, 02:03 PM   #4
Dropshipbob
Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha

Dropshipbob is on a distinguished road

Awards Showcase

Videoviper, I'll give those options a look. I may be screwed though, as my wife is the computer person in our house and after 30-40 minutes she gave up and said it would be up to me to find the fix....which is about like telling a blind man to pilot an airplane.

NSA, I agree. I was only on mission 8 or 9 (I think) and what I had seen/played was cool...if a bit repetitive.

Somtimes being grown up hurts more than growing up.

His foundation lie in the holy mountain, Selah.

Dropshipbob is offline   Reply With Quote