The Fighting 1:18th

Go Back   The Fighting 1:18th > >

The Third Rail If you like to be offended regularly and on a consistent basis, stop on by! Politics! Sports! Religion!

Unread 10-05-2015, 11:14 AM   #51
NSA
Dear Leader

NSA is on a distinguished road

Awards Showcase

Send a message via AIM to NSA

Nacho gets a WIN!

Gonna be close between PCS and I.. depending on if Megatron has a good game against the tough Seattle D.

My team seriously underwhelmed this week..

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecorporation View Post
I'm sure ninjas are great people, but I think they should be more like traditional ninjas: neither seen nor heard.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nacho View Post
I take it all back! Fords are the bestest cars EVER!
Quote:
All figures should be doled out per union bylaws to each individual, based purely on seniority, at cost, free shipping, delivered to your door in a ford.
NSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-05-2015, 11:32 AM   #52
nacho
Oxford comma rules, b!tch

nacho is on a distinguished road

Awards Showcase

Yeah, it took a game against an MIA owner to get one, but I prevailed. That's good, if not a little pathetic!

Ho-ho-ho, one-in-a-row... My plan to finish 6th is falling into place!
nacho is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-05-2015, 12:57 PM   #53
NSA
Dear Leader

Awards Showcase

Something something peaking at the right time!

Quote:
I'm sure ninjas are great people, but I think they should be more like traditional ninjas: neither seen nor heard.
Quote:
Quote:
All figures should be doled out per union bylaws to each individual, based purely on seniority, at cost, free shipping, delivered to your door in a ford.
Unread 10-20-2015, 06:15 AM   #54
nacho

Awards Showcase

So my new plan is suck-to-win. Because the two times I've actually done well and topped 150, I've lost. Really, I've lost on my two best weeks. How the f#$% does that happen?!

My team is a dumpster fire.
Unread 10-26-2015, 07:19 AM   #55
nacho

Awards Showcase

Ah NSA, welcome to the "I broke 150 and lost" club... gut punch...
Unread 10-26-2015, 06:58 PM   #56
pcsguy88
медведь

pcsguy88 is on a distinguished road

Awards Showcase

Another win? Wth is happening?
pcsguy88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-29-2015, 10:49 AM   #57
NSA
Dear Leader

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Ah NSA, welcome to the "I broke 150 and lost" club... gut punch...
It's odd.. I thought for sure I was going to get blown out this week.. everyone was on byes etc.. then I start putting up points and go. HEY maybe I can take down the juggernaut!

And then.. nope.

Goddamn it.

That team is a beast. A BEAST!

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Unread 11-03-2015, 12:31 PM   #58
NSA
Dear Leader

Awards Showcase

[Looks at Nacho's season]

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Unread 11-03-2015, 03:29 PM   #59
nacho

Awards Showcase

Yeah, that hurt. In anything but a driving rain slop-fest, Gore and Moncrief likely score enough points to put that one over the top. But that's pretty much been my whole season.

Still, I have designs on clawing up to 6th and see where I can get from there. Still got 6 games to go.
Unread 11-04-2015, 01:48 PM   #60
NSA
Dear Leader

Awards Showcase

Yeah I've lost 4 straight!

You gotta beat Bill this week! Take down the juggernaut! Show us he's human!

A bunch of people are clustered in the middle so a 3 game win streak could do wonders.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Unread 11-04-2015, 08:37 PM   #61
nacho

Awards Showcase

I just don't know who I am going to beat. At best, I'm looking at 3-3 down the stretch, and I don't think that's going to be good enough. I'll have to upset one of the big dogs to squeak in.
Unread 11-06-2015, 12:48 PM   #62
NSA
Dear Leader

Awards Showcase

well hopefully he doesn't replace TY Hilton.. then you're looking at an even matchup.. jesus that team is stacked.

Good move benching Barnidge this week..

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Unread 11-06-2015, 02:45 PM   #63
nacho

Awards Showcase

I looked at his stats from early in the year when Johnny One-Read was at QB, and they were not good. Barnidge has a good rapport with McCown, but JM has no ability to hit the 2nd, 3rd, or 4th read on a play. It's one-read and run for your life. I knew Barnidge was going to be for shit this week. Also, skill players on thursday night never work out from me, so I shy away.

Plus, Gates is at home, playing the Bears, and Allen is out for the year. That means Gates and Stevie Johnson should get increased targets.

Hell it all sounds good, but I'm grasping at straws in this kicked-in-the-nuts FF season.
Unread 11-10-2015, 11:10 AM   #64
NSA
Dear Leader

Awards Showcase

1st things first.

Fuck Robbie Gould.

2nd. Holy hell Bill is unstoppable this year.

But back to the first thing.. FUCK ROBBIE GOULD! I needed 10 points out of him to win another game and I got ZERO. Ugh. The game started off so promising too.. then he missed a 40+ yarder.. ugh ugh ugh.

You look good this week.. gotta rack up wins in the next 5 weeks! Gonna be the Blake Bortles experience!

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Unread 11-10-2015, 02:23 PM   #65
nacho

Awards Showcase

Yeah, I've got to win out or at the very least go 4-1 down the stretch to squeeze into the playoffs. Not looking likely. No matter how good my team plays, my opponent plays *that much* better.

Per the weekly recap: "MsCleo picks 4 nacho would be 48-33 if they played every team every week."

Yet here I am at 2-7, despite scoring more points than half the teams in the league. Just brutal how it's all played out. Still determined to kick some ass for another five weeks though.
Unread 11-10-2015, 02:35 PM   #66
NSA
Dear Leader

Awards Showcase

Yeah you never know.. hell, Andrew Luck is out 6 weeks now with a kidney issue!

Need some more injuries to the other teams!

I'm happy with a middling record in this league.. I'm 2-7 in my other $$$ league and in the same boat as you, scored more than 1/2 the league but get everyone on their damn best week ever(tm). So frustrating.. it's like, hey, Mr. Schedule, couldn't you have made it 1 week different? Its like my opponents are terrible the week before and the week after me.

Grumble grumble.

My big challenge this year was not getting butthurt when I suck at fantasy, and for the most part I think I've done a good job.. in years past if my team was tanking I'd be sullen for the rest of Sunday.. now I just turn off the games and play some Xbox

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Unread 11-10-2015, 03:30 PM   #67
nacho

Awards Showcase

Yeah, same here. I've now accepted the fact that I'm likely to lose in some horribly painful way.... which greatly lessens the sting when it actually occurs. I'm getting better at just taking it in stride.

Conversely, when my teams are getting reamed by (insert champion of the week), it REALLY lessens the desire to stay up late watching the primetime games. Here on the east coast, that shit doesn't end until nearly midnight, and you start asking yourself at halftime, "Am I really going to sleepwalk through tomorrow just so I can watch Sam Bradford vs Matt Cassel when the only fantasy ramifications are whether I lose by 20 or lose by 30?" My pillow wins that battle every time unless Peyton is playing...
Unread 11-16-2015, 07:19 AM   #68
nacho

Awards Showcase

I don't know what the line is on tonight's game, but if you're a betting man, put it all on Cincy. Gio Bernard will get three touchdowns and 175 all-purpose yards, marking the third time this season I will have broken 150pts and lost. Mark it down now.

And as further proof I know nothing, benching Barnidge b/c Johnny 1-Read was the QB again... didn't work out so good this time. Probably would have given me enough points to survive the coming Gio Bernard onslaught.

FF in the groin, indeed.
Unread 11-17-2015, 07:04 AM   #69
nacho

Awards Showcase

Ok, so I squeaked by, but not because the FF gods didn't try really damn hard. Gio out-snapped RB1 Jeremy Hill 50-22!
Unread 11-17-2015, 12:14 PM   #70
pcsguy88
медведь

pcsguy88 is on a distinguished road

Awards Showcase

Wish I had known Ben was playing this weekend.
pcsguy88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-17-2015, 01:40 PM   #71
nacho

Awards Showcase

I'm pretty sure the only people who benefited from him coming off the bench to score a bazillion points were absentee owners who didn't know he wasn't starting in the first place. To be fair, it was one in a million.
Unread 11-20-2015, 06:35 AM   #72
nacho

Awards Showcase

Jimmy Graham's revenge! Watch him post 20 points after being the third best TE on my team all year. FF in the Groin!
Unread 11-20-2015, 11:41 AM   #73
NSA
Dear Leader

Awards Showcase

Man, I was gone all last week in Hawaii so I didn't pay attention to setting lineups etc.. I got creamed (pie'd) on ALL my fantasy teams. I even lost my survivor league (was only 2 of us left!). AND the Raiders lost AND I lost my Raiders hat to the wind gods.

It was a terrible terrible football week, thankfully it was all over by like 5PM Hawaii time so I just went back in the 80 water.

And yeah.. Graham is like the only semi-decent TE option left, so I figured why not.. he's had like 2 games where he remembered he's Jimmy Graham.

I can't even think how this week is going to play out, can it be possible for us to both horribly under-perform and tie at like 65.82-65.82? Because that seems like the most likely outcome this year.

You SHOULD win.. your team is more talented. Good job not starting the Bortles Experience. Amari Cooper will have a great game and I'll be forced to cheer for your points, but somehow the Raiders will still lose.

Fucking Green Bay man.. I bought big into them on Draft Day.. got Eddie Lacy/Randall Cobb EVERYWHERE.. and man have they disappointed. Next year I'm not going with the same strategy everywhere.. wonderful when you're right, but terrible when you're wrong.

Are you even gonna watch with peyton on the sidelines?

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Unread 11-20-2015, 12:17 PM   #74
nacho

Awards Showcase

I'll watch half-assedly, but since the NASCAR championship is on at the same time (assuming it's not rained out - a distinct possibility), I'll likely have more interest in racing and just check in on Denver. I mean, not only is Peyton not playing (thank the lord, as playing hurt was NOT working), but losing to the Bears will simply be embarrassing. Not much to see there.

As for our head-to-head, my season as it stands coupled with my inability to beat you under any circumstances clearly tells me where the matchup is going. I've determined that I have to win-out to advance. That seems highly unlikely. My prediction:

NSA 123.49 / Ms Cleo 112.83 .....and the difference will be Jimmy Graham treating the SF defense like they all retired and got replaced by scrub... oh wait, that's exactly what happened! My only hope at this point is a bus crash.
Unread 11-20-2015, 02:17 PM   #75
NSA
Dear Leader

Awards Showcase

That sounds plausible.. but you have NE defense and Amendola on Monday night.. vs my Gostkowski.. I'm gonna want a blowout.. but only FGs!

Quote:
Quote:
Quote: