The Fighting 1:18th

Go Back   The Fighting 1:18th > >

The Third Rail If you like to be offended regularly and on a consistent basis, stop on by! Politics! Sports! Religion!

Unread 07-25-2016, 04:24 PM   #51
nacho
Oxford comma rules, b!tch

nacho is on a distinguished road

Awards Showcase

I don't know if that's true, but honestly, if it is, that makes zero sense. Who is more pro-business and/or pro-keep-your-own-money than your average stereotypical jewish person?

Maybe I'm out of touch, but since when were social welfare giveaway programs and liberal government meddling high on their collective list? Did Bob Dole shit on Israel or something?

EDIT: My cursory interwebs research says you are correct. It's about a 60/30/10 split between Dem/Rep/Other. However, apparently it's slowly shifting towards conservatives. I'm going to have to research the "why" of how it got that way b/c Democrats' economic policies seem to be at odds with my apparently-flawed notions of how the Jewish community does business.

Last edited by nacho; 07-25-2016 at 04:30 PM.
nacho is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-25-2016, 04:31 PM   #52
G.I.*EDDIE
gobbles a LOT of cock

G.I.*EDDIE is on a distinguished road

Awards Showcase

I looked into it because I heard that they were predominantly dem voters and thought the exact same thing as you...didn't make sense because "pro-business and/or pro-keep-your-own-money". Turns out the religion thing is a bigger issue to them than the money one.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...ats-explained/

Once that piece of the puzzle was confirmed, it made a LOT of other things click right into place.
Unread 07-25-2016, 06:14 PM   #53
nacho

Awards Showcase

Yeah, I read that article earlier this evening. I never dreamed that they feared persecution by evangelical protestants so much as to vote against their better judgement otherwise.

As someone who grew up in Southern Baptist america, I never heard anyone ever say anything bad about jewish people. In fact, aside from random references to their stereotypical gifts for money management, they were pretty much never mentioned.

No doubt, history has trained them to be wary of anyone with strong ideological convictions that don't line up exactly with their own. However, given that the whole country (even in secular arenas) has historically operated largely under the greater umbrella of "Judaeo-Christian values" such as "fairness", "kindness", and a shared sense of right & wrong, I never knew they considered themselves that ideologically wary (for lack of a better phrase) of the rest of catholic/protestant america.

Learn something every day.
Unread 07-26-2016, 04:31 AM   #54
K-Tiger
All solutions are final.

K-Tiger will become famous soon enough

Awards Showcase

Ben Shapiro has the answer you seek:

K-Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-26-2016, 06:18 AM   #55
nacho

Awards Showcase

Well there you go. That was informative, even though it certainly had a slant, but it really didn't explain the "why", just the current state of things. I wonder if his premise is true, that most jews are not religious in the slightest. That would explain a lot. But if so, why would secular jews be overwhelmingly liberal?

I'm a rarely-practicing protestant who struggles with the hypocrisy of organized religion and the harshly judgmental nature of the evangelical right, but it doesn't mean that I am going to swing 180-degrees off. What would push non-practicing jews to the opposite end of the political spectrum?
Unread 07-26-2016, 09:20 AM   #56
pcsguy88
медведь

pcsguy88 is on a distinguished road

Awards Showcase

The MSM non coverage of Sara Silverman telling the Berners that they are being ridiculous has turned my stomach. I wouldn't care except for the huge ruckus that Melania's speech caused.
pcsguy88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-26-2016, 10:53 AM   #57
G.I.*EDDIE
gobbles a LOT of cock

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by nacho View Post
Well there you go. That was informative...
Informative, but leaves me scratching my head again. If it's not the religion thing, like the other article alluded to, then why? Running hollywood, the banks, and who knows what else, do they still feel like a "victim" class?
Unread 07-26-2016, 02:39 PM   #58
PROVOST
Colonel in Chief

PROVOST is on a distinguished road

Awards Showcase

Despite being Jews,the Rothschild family have never been persecuted.

They definitely worship money more than any deity from old scrolls.

мыслете наш он покой
PROVOST is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-27-2016, 05:03 PM   #59
Giga Bread
Mega Calories!

Giga Bread is on a distinguished road

Awards Showcase

Thousands of years of oppression in Europe leading to the US around the time of the new deal. If you've been kicked around long enough, and you see this new advertised country of equality, you become attached to social justice and the tenants of progressive politics. While Ben Shapiro is going to say they have no religion and doesn't support the Torah, there are passages in it like any other religious book, that contradicts his ideas of it being conservative. There are passages on giving charity and seeking justice for your neighbor. Specifically, there's a passage about not standing by while others are oppressed (obviously, will be interpreted as minorities) because the Jews were once oppressed and enslaved themselves. The holocaust reaffirmed the need for social justice as a counter to unchecked authority.

Also, there's always been this weird obsession with the outsider belief that Jews are supporting Netanyahu just because they're Jewish. Put it this way, do you have a close relationship with your country of origin to the point you blindly follow its leader because have distant relatives there?

i highly doubt it.

http://gigabreadbakery.ecrater.com

Last edited by Giga Bread; 07-27-2016 at 05:11 PM.
Giga Bread is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-03-2016, 10:22 PM   #60
PROVOST
Colonel in Chief

PROVOST is on a distinguished road

Awards Showcase

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=O13kaQAg5KE

мыслете наш он покой
PROVOST is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-08-2016, 11:03 AM   #61
G.I.*EDDIE
gobbles a LOT of cock

Awards Showcase

Quote:
We can’t fix a rigged system by relying on the people who rigged it in the first place.

We can’t solve our problems by relying on the politicians who created them.
Not sure how to link just one post, but...

https://www.facebook.com/DonaldTrump...57459888850725

Gotta say, between the douche and turd sandwich, I'm liking the Douche.
Unread 08-08-2016, 11:30 AM   #62
nacho

Awards Showcase

Holy hell that was a novel.

If he can reign-in the crazy bombastic talk and insults, I think he'll do ok. Both sides pander to the LCDs, and so it's genuinely difficult to know how they actually feel about certain issues. But with Hillary, I do not trust her. I know she has an agenda that benefits Hillary first and foremost. Behind that crooked cackling smile, she's just pure evil.

The Donald has an agenda, and it's no doubt far from noble, but I don't feel like he's trying to screw me. He's not in it for the money. He's not in it to swindle the american people. He's probably more interested in the ego boost and the thrill of being "the most powerful man in the world", but I don't think his intent is to bend me over. Whereas I know the democrats want to raise taxes, increase social giveaways, pocket plenty themselves, and leave the debt/deficit worse off than it already is, and that scares the f#$% out of me. I do not wish to be the Democrats' ATM machine.
Unread 08-08-2016, 01:41 PM   #63
NSA
Dear Leader

NSA is on a distinguished road

Awards Showcase

Send a message via AIM to NSA

This is such a wild election cycle.. what's next? I have to imagine there are ticking time bombs waiting to go off..

I like Trump because.. why the hell not. We know exactly what kind of shit we're getting with Hillary, I'm morbidly curious as to the flavor of shit we'd get with Trump.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecorporation View Post
I'm sure ninjas are great people, but I think they should be more like traditional ninjas: neither seen nor heard.
Quote:
I take it all back! Fords are the bestest cars EVER!
Quote:
All figures should be doled out per union bylaws to each individual, based purely on seniority, at cost, free shipping, delivered to your door in a ford.
NSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-08-2016, 01:48 PM   #64
nacho

Awards Showcase

Exactly. Neither of them is a "good" choice, and I'm highly skeptical of anyone that adamantly supports/defends either of them. But when it comes down to it, Hillary is definitely planning to fuck anyone that isn't on the handouts, while Trump is a loud weirdo who might accidentally do something good in spite of his huge ego and tiny prick.
Unread 08-08-2016, 02:00 PM   #65
NSA
Dear Leader

Awards Showcase

I read someone somewhere (thanks, internet) that said they were voting for Trump because he'll be checked and balanced by the rest of Government, but Hillary would not.

I don't even know where I stand on anything anymore. Every time I start to think maybe I accept the Democrat positions on Social issues.. they get more wacky. I don't care about gay marriage.. but now trans-whatever? Bathrooms? I dunno.

At the same time, I feel the religious right needs to tone that shit down too. Get a grip. Freedom is freedom for everyone not just if you believe in Jesus. And on that topic.. SIN = DEATH. Yeah, we get it. But SIN = SIN. I hate how they tend to blow up certain sins as being worse than others.. and sweep all the normal sinning we do on a daily basis under the rug. C'mon man.

Fiscally.. still conservative I guess, but don't mind the social services.. if they'd be run better.

I guess I've moderated myself for the most part. But even then.. I don't know. It's all just so screwed up, and in reality whatever I think/do has no effect whatsoever.

Time to drink.

Quote:
I'm sure ninjas are great people, but I think they should be more like traditional ninjas: neither seen nor heard.
Quote:
Quote:
All figures should be doled out per union bylaws to each individual, based purely on seniority, at cost, free shipping, delivered to your door in a ford.
Unread 08-08-2016, 02:42 PM   #66
nacho

Awards Showcase

Yeah, the older I get, the more fiscally conservative and socially moderate I become.

The two social extremes are disturbing. One side thinks we should have date chaperones,40-yr-old virgins, and iron chastity belts, while the other thinks we should legalize quad-marriages between two men, a goat, and a pottery wheel because don't-tell-me-how-to-live. #goatlivesmatter
Unread 08-08-2016, 04:51 PM   #67
G.I.*EDDIE
gobbles a LOT of cock

Awards Showcase

Quote:
If he can reign-in the crazy bombastic talk and insults, I think he'll do ok. Both sides pander to the LCDs, and so it's genuinely difficult to know how they actually feel about certain issues. But with Hillary, I do not trust her. I know she has an agenda that benefits Hillary first and foremost. Behind that crooked cackling smile, she's just pure evil.

The Donald has an agenda, and it's no doubt far from noble, but I don't feel like he's trying to screw me. He's not in it for the money. He's not in it to swindle the american people. He's probably more interested in the ego boost and the thrill of being "the most powerful man in the world", but I don't think his intent is to bend me over. Whereas I know the democrats want to raise taxes, increase social giveaways, pocket plenty themselves, and leave the debt/deficit worse off than it already is, and that scares the f#$% out of me. I do not wish to be the Democrats' ATM machine.
Agree with all of that, especially the bolded portion. But yeah, she's so blatantly and obviously corrupt its silly. How any sane person could think she has their best interests in hand is mind bottling.

Like you guys, I tend to fall somewhere in the middle of both extremes.
Unread 08-15-2016, 01:49 PM   #68
NSA
Dear Leader

Awards Showcase

This is the kind of BS that I can't stand..

Clinton Slips as She Steps Away From Podium to Make Way for Biden

Seriously? This is a thing? That wasn't a fall, barely a slip. This is somehow a news story? I get she has had other weird things go on, falls, etc.. but this? Come on.

Both sides do this.. on stupid trival stuff.. or stuff taken out of context and try to blow it out of proportion and they give out a rallying cry and the dutiful political soldiers go to work.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Unread 08-15-2016, 01:54 PM   #69
K-Tiger
All solutions are final.

K-Tiger will become famous soon enough

Awards Showcase

Eh, it may be nothing, but there are valid suspicions to be had when it comes to Reichsführer-SS Clinton's health.
K-Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-15-2016, 02:04 PM   #70
NSA
Dear Leader

Awards Showcase

Oh, I know that. The problem is when you hype up clearly NON-stories like this, people stop paying attention to the actual real stories/issues.

The Right and Left do the same damn thing, it's just pandering to their base and ignoring everyone else with a brain. It's frustrating, but I guess it works.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Unread 08-15-2016, 04:49 PM   #71
nacho

Awards Showcase

Meanwhile Hillary sells our plutonium to the russians in exchange for 100M worth of *donations* to the Clinton Foundation and not a single story from the MSM. I don't know if we're that stupid or the media just thinks we're that stupid. Either way, it's messed up.
Unread 08-15-2016, 05:22 PM   #72
G.I.*EDDIE
gobbles a LOT of cock

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Meanwhile Hillary sells our plutonium to the russians in exchange for 100M worth of *donations* to the Clinton Foundation and not a single story from the MSM. I don't know if we're that stupid or the media just thinks we're that stupid. Either way, it's messed up.
MSM ran by Jewish.
Jewish support Dems.

The math works out correctly.

As for who is or isn't stupid. They don't care. They do what they want. What are we gonna do about it besides flap our gums? Something that would require news coverage? Yeah, see how fast that doesn't show up in the media.
Unread 08-15-2016, 05:23 PM   #73
G.I.*EDDIE
gobbles a LOT of cock

Awards Showcase

I love this one.

Unread 08-15-2016, 07:57 PM   #74
WVMojo
Mocha Viper

WVMojo is on a distinguished road

Awards Showcase

Damn it. Damn it Damn it. I was all about the Libertarian picks again this election cycle and then this guy starts talking.

clips, pins, military weapons with 5 rounds. AR-15 is a WMD. Oi vey.

Bill Weld Just Compared AR-15s to “Weapons of Mass Destruction,” & Said Pistols Were Even Worse! – Bearing Arms

Last edited by WVMojo; 08-15-2016 at 08:13 PM.
WVMojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-15-2016, 07:59 PM   #75
pcsguy88
медведь

pcsguy88 is on a distinguished road

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSA View Post
Oh, I know that. The problem is when you hype up clearly NON-stories like this, people stop paying attention to the actual real stories/issues.

The Right and Left do the same damn thing, it's just pandering to their base and ignoring everyone else with a brain. It's frustrating, but I guess it works.
Agreed. They have something real with her brain twitches, but are forcing it. So many of the videos are nothing and will just turn off people from the real footage. Heck, maybe it's her campaign trying to water down the real stuff like UFOs and bigfoot. So much crap out there you can't find the real stuff.
pcsguy88 is offline   Reply With Quote