The Fighting 1:18th

Go Back   The Fighting 1:18th > >

The Third Rail If you like to be offended regularly and on a consistent basis, stop on by! Politics! Sports! Religion!

Unread 05-25-2016, 08:31 AM   #1
dannyc
Resident Cuban

dannyc is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to dannyc
Default Are you fucking kidding me

http://www.nydailynews.com/amp/enter...icle-1.2648001
#givecaptainamericaaboyfriend is now a thing I am done with the idiots who do this shit he is not a fag. Cap never has and never will be a queer.
Unread 05-25-2016, 09:13 AM   #2
K-Tiger
All solutions are final.

K-Tiger will become famous soon enough

Awards Showcase

They'll probably do it, too.
K-Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-25-2016, 09:58 AM   #3
PROVOST
Colonel in Chief

PROVOST is on a distinguished road

Awards Showcase

Make him transgender so he can use whatever bathroom he wants.

мыслете наш он покой
PROVOST is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-25-2016, 10:52 AM   #4
G.I.*EDDIE
gobbles a LOT of cock

G.I.*EDDIE is on a distinguished road

Awards Showcase

They might eventually toss in a sodomite for PCs sake, but no way they'll Broke Back Cap.
Unread 05-25-2016, 11:05 AM   #5
nacho
Oxford comma rules, b!tch

nacho is on a distinguished road

Awards Showcase

After they retconned Iceman to be gay, I wouldn't put anything past them.

Thing is, I have no objection to gay people. What they do in their own home is their business, not mine. But I do not want to read about it, watch shows about it, or have it shoved down my throat (no pun intended).

If the liberal left publishers want to invent new gay heroes, more power to them. I won't read those titles, but I wish them well. But why the hell do they constantly have to take all the established well-liked characters and turn them into a female/minority/lgbt?! Instead of inventing something new and creative, let's ruin what we already have.

#notmyiceman #notmycap #getyourownheroes
nacho is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-25-2016, 11:18 AM   #6
dannyc
Resident Cuban

Quote:
Originally Posted by nacho View Post

Thing is, I have no objection to gay people. What they do in their own home is their business, not mine. But I do not want to read about it, watch shows about it, or have it shoved down my throat (no pun intended).

If the liberal left publishers want to invent new gay heroes, more power to them. I won't read those titles, but I wish them well. But why the hell do they constantly have to take all the established well-liked characters and turn them into a female/minority/lgbt?! Instead of inventing something new and creative, let's ruin what we already have.

exactly how I feel Nacho this is bullshit create your own fucking heroes do not mess with my Captain America
Unread 05-25-2016, 12:00 PM   #7
G.I.*EDDIE
gobbles a LOT of cock

Awards Showcase

Quote:
But why the hell do they constantly have to take all the established well-liked characters and turn them into a female/minority/lgbt?! .
Because they won't sell...well. Ironically, changing their existing characters most likely loses them sales.
Unread 05-25-2016, 12:35 PM   #8
nacho

Awards Showcase

Exactly. I'm not going to read homo-Cap just because the title is "captain america". So they're only going to get readers who want to read that stuff either way. But in the "replacement method" they jettison all their old readers. If they made a new hero, he could have his gay audience, and Cap could have his regular audience. Why alienate most of your existing readership to appeal to a much smaller and possibly mythical "other" readership?

Creatively, it makes no sense. From a business perspective, it makes no sense. The only place it makes sense is from a marketing standpoint, as making Cap gay or whatever makes for fantastic clickbait that will get picked up by every news service in the english-speaking world on a slow news day. Problem is, that gets eyeballs for roughly 48 hours, and in the process you've flushed most of your existing customers. Ridiculously short-sighted.
Unread 05-25-2016, 01:25 PM   #9
Videoviper
illuminati

Videoviper is on a distinguished road

Awards Showcase

They are doing the same thing with Elsa from Frozen because strong female must mean lesbo????

In the end this is about nobodies seeing what they want to see in fictional charactors, & if you want to believe Elsa or Cap is gay enjoy. But please don't force this on others who don't see what you see.
Videoviper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-25-2016, 01:39 PM   #10
nacho

Awards Showcase

The left will never stop. First, looking at a gay person crooked becomes a hate crime. Then gay marriage gets shoved down everyone's throat. Then we have to accept Bruce Jenner as a woman and pretend "she" is some kind of hero. Then we have to let penises into the women's restroom to keep from hurting a tranny's feelings. Now all of our iconic characters have to be turned gay too. It just never ends.

Really, I have no agenda or anything against someone making different lifestyle choices. But holy hell, I don't want everything in life ruined to accommodate the whims of a ridiculously small, ridiculously vocal minority.

What gets me about the left is that they used to be all about free speech and personal freedom. Now they go out of their way to suppress any speech or actions that don't mesh with their agenda. Comedians won't play college campuses because every joke "offends" someone, and they get hit with a firestorm of threats, boycots, and negative press.

Our whole society is headed to some kind of "PC absurdity threshold" where everything is just going to implode.
Unread 05-25-2016, 02:14 PM   #11
pcsguy88
медведь

pcsguy88 is on a distinguished road

Awards Showcase

Quote:

Except Starbuck. She turned out a thousand times better than just another dude would have.
pcsguy88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-25-2016, 03:03 PM   #12
nacho

Awards Showcase

Ha! I never watched either version of BSG, so I'll have to take your word for it

I don't even like replacing a white guy with a different white guy. Jean Paul Valley sucked as Batman. James Gordon sucked as Batman. I did not like Dick Grayson as Batman. US Agent =/= Captain America. Ben Reilly as Spider-Man? Bitch, please.

It doesn't have to be a girl or minority or gay to irritate me. I just can't stand substitute/fill-in characters, especially when there is a non-story-related social agenda behind the switch.
Unread 05-25-2016, 03:48 PM   #13
G.I.*EDDIE
gobbles a LOT of cock

Awards Showcase

nacho, you just get me. *swoon* I'm right there with ya on all that "ranting". Personally I'd call it rational thinking, but I'm just an evil white man, so what do i know.

These statements in particular are spot on.

Quote:
Really, I have no agenda or anything against someone making different lifestyle choices. But holy hell, I don't want everything in life ruined to accommodate the whims of a ridiculously small, ridiculously vocal minority.
Quote:
It doesn't have to be a girl or minority or gay to irritate me. I just can't stand substitute/fill-in characters, especially when there is a non-story-related social agenda behind the switch.
Unread 05-25-2016, 08:47 PM   #14
PROVOST
Colonel in Chief

Awards Showcase

мыслете наш он покой
Unread 05-26-2016, 03:18 AM   #15
dannyc
Resident Cuban

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.I.*EDDIE View Post
nacho, you just get me. *swoon* I'm right there with ya on all that "ranting". Personally I'd call it rational thinking, but I'm just an evil white man, so what do i know.

These statements in particular are spot on.
I agree with everything in nachos posts it is exactly how I feel about this entire bullshit movement. It makes me shudder knowing there is a senior girl at my school who graduates today and she is going to study at UM and besides her major she is minoring in gender studies. Cringe
Unread 05-26-2016, 09:37 AM   #16
PROVOST
Colonel in Chief

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcsguy88 View Post
Except Starbuck. She turned out a thousand times better than just another dude would have.

мыслете наш он покой
Unread 05-27-2016, 06:34 AM   #17
Dropshipbob
Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha

Dropshipbob is on a distinguished road

Awards Showcase

Cap aint the only one they are trying to switch teams on, now they want a girlfriend for that ice queen character from that Disney movie "Frozen" for the sequel.

What.
The.
Fuck.

These agenda pushing assholes need to shut the fuck up. I don't need my little girl exposed to that bullshit so early in life....and in a cartoon none the less.

Somtimes being grown up hurts more than growing up.

His foundation lie in the holy mountain, Selah.

Dropshipbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-27-2016, 01:18 PM   #18
G.I.*EDDIE
gobbles a LOT of cock

Awards Showcase

Thats the biggest issue to me... the children. And i don't even have any. You can be weird if you want to (yes, being gay or a tranny is weird...it's NOT natural), but don't ram your agenda into the impressionable minds of kids.
Unread 05-27-2016, 01:45 PM   #19
nacho

Awards Showcase

If they made the frozen chick gay (and no, I don't think disney is remotely that stupid), my kids simply wouldn't see it. Not as some kind of crazy parental boycot trying to make a political statement, just because I choose not to expose my kids to such things at a young age.

There is plenty of time in life to discover that there are different lifestyles out there. But just because the "differently oriented" are loud and proud, it doesn't not mean that my kids should have that kind of baggage heaped upon them at a young age.

If you watch the news, you'd think that 80% of the population is either black, gay, or both. While I don't think any group's rights should be marginalized, they should recognize that they are still relatively small groups who's desires do not outweigh the majority's desire to let their kids be kids, not pawns in a political/social struggle.
Unread 05-27-2016, 11:39 PM   #20
G.I.*EDDIE
gobbles a LOT of cock

Awards Showcase

Quote:
If you watch the news, you'd think that 80% of the population is either black, gay, or both..
If you watch TV at all you'd think that the only coupling going on in the world is white girls and black dudes. Poor white guys and black chicks left out in the cold.
Unread 05-29-2016, 08:56 AM   #21
dannyc
Resident Cuban

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.I.*EDDIE View Post
If you watch TV at all you'd think that the only coupling going on in the world is white girls and black dudes. Poor white guys and black chicks left out in the cold.
I get most of my news from online nowadays and don't even watch tv. Any shows I watch I watch on YouTube, Netflix, Amazon, or on demand.