The Fighting 1:18th

Go Back   The Fighting 1:18th > >

The Third Rail If you like to be offended regularly and on a consistent basis, stop on by! Politics! Sports! Religion!

Unread 08-04-2016, 09:03 PM   #26
nacho
Oxford comma rules, b!tch

nacho is on a distinguished road

Awards Showcase

Right?! I routinely forget about them. They don't suck as hard as Cleveland or Detroit, but I challenge anyone to look at their schedule and find a game you think they'll be favored in. Here's a hint, there isn't one.

Winston is all fraud. Less talent than RG3-and-out. Less brains than.... anyone. He might not flame out as badly as Jamarcus Russell, but he's in a division with Cam, Matt Ryan, and Drew Brees. He's not going to win much (if ever) and at some point, he'll get the blame after he kills another coaching career or two.
nacho is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-05-2016, 03:21 PM   #27
K-Tiger
All solutions are final.

K-Tiger will become famous soon enough

Awards Showcase

Your turn, Giants!
Why Your Team Sucks 2016: New York Giants
K-Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-08-2016, 03:25 PM   #28
nacho

Awards Showcase

Da' Bears!!!

Why Your Team Sucks 2016: Chicago Bears
Your quarterback: Jay Cutler, who is less a quarterback these days than he is a chronic diagnosis...

And the amazing thing is that he is still coasting on a reputation for being a gunslinger when A) He’s never thrown for 30 touchdowns in a season, B) He’s never thrown for 4,000 yards as a Bear, and C) He hasn’t played a full season this decade.
hahahhahahaha
Unread 08-08-2016, 03:50 PM   #29
NSA
Dear Leader

NSA is on a distinguished road

Awards Showcase

Send a message via AIM to NSA

Damn. Those last couple cut deep!

Where's my Raiders?! Wonder what they'll say this year.. they have a Monday night game (vs Houston but still..)!

Week 1. @ New Orleans.. loss. Probably keep it competitive, but East Coast + Brees I don't see them winning. If this really is a "new look Raiders" a win here would go a LONG way to proving that.

Week 2. vs Atlanta.. win? I don't know. 55/45. Julio Jones is still a beast and I don't know if the Raiders improved secondary will do anything to stop him.. but it's Atlanta, and first home game.. so maybe.

Week 3. @ Tennessee.. WIN! They beat them there last year, in the rain, with a lesser team.. so hopefully they can repeat.

Week 4. @ Baltimore.. loss. Jesus 3/4 on the road to start the season. ON THE ROAD ON THE EAST COAST! Baltimore is a ? after last season but I'll go ahead and predict a loss anyway.

Week 5. vs San Diego.. WIN! Gotta win this one.

Week 6. vs Kansas City.. win? Big test to see if the Raiders are 'back' or not. KC should be the best team in the division this year, home game gives a slight edge, but it didn't help much last season. By week 6 some catastrophic injury could tilt the table.

Week 7. @ Jacksonville.. win.. please God, a win. It's JAC. A loss here would be really, really disappointing.

Week 8. @ Tampa Bay.. win! Again, if not.. yikes.

Week 9. vs Denver.. WIN! Hopefully. I have no idea how Denver will be this season. Defense should still be strong.. but the Raiders stood strong against the Donkeys without Peyton last season.

Week 10. BYE! (Can't lose!)

Week 11. vs Houston.. loss. At home for a MONDAY night game? Sure-fire guarantee they're going to lose, and probably lose bigly. The only saving grace is the Raiders just destroyed Brock last season, maybe they can do it again?

Week 12. vs Carolina.. LOSS. For sure.

Week 13. vs Buffalo.. WIN. For sure.

Week 14. @ Kansas City.. LOSS. Pretty sure.

Week 15. @ San Diego.. LOSS. Guessing SD pulls a W out in this one due to rivalry alone.

Week 16. vs Indianapolis.. LOSS. Luck should be healthy and good.. and the Raiders choking at the end of the season seems like a very Raiderly thing to do.

Week 17. @ Denver.. I'm going to say LOSS. Week 17. According to my metrics, this would put the Raiders at 8-8, and probably just miss playoffs, again.

Hopefully I'm wrong and the Raiders are FUR REAL BRAH.. but until I see it..

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecorporation View Post
I'm sure ninjas are great people, but I think they should be more like traditional ninjas: neither seen nor heard.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nacho View Post
I take it all back! Fords are the bestest cars EVER!
Quote:
All figures should be doled out per union bylaws to each individual, based purely on seniority, at cost, free shipping, delivered to your door in a ford.
NSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-09-2016, 07:21 AM   #30
nacho

Awards Showcase

That's a very realistic assessment IMO. They are a good team, striving to be above average, but the schedule is competitive. TENN, JAX, & BUF are the only gimmies. I'd argue the Raiders' season hinges on how badly San Diego is distracted by more will-they/won't-they talk and how Denver fares in the post-peyton era. Those are two of the biggest unknowns in the league, and they're both in Oakland's division. I could see both those teams going sideways amidst the transition/turmoil which could get the Raiders to 10-6 and a potential wildcard spot.

And now thanks to Peyton-on-sunday-morning, KC can have a shot at a division crown for the first time in ages. Alex Smith can show his true potential and throw double-digit TDs. THIS IS HIS YEAR.
Unread 08-09-2016, 01:10 PM   #31
NSA
Dear Leader

Awards Showcase

Yeah, I am really curious to see how the reworked OL and DL work for the Raiders. They added a ton of talent.. if they can open up holes and make an actual running game happen.. who knows. McFadden did jack all for most of his years, and Murray last year didn't exactly light things on fire. They added DeAndre Washington this year, I think he's more of a pass-catching back.. so hopefully that'll help if they use him right.

<A> it's the stupid pro-bowl and <B> it didn't count cause TY bobbled it or something, but this pass from Derek Carr is awesome, he's got an arm. If he can do better with Amari Cooper this year.. yikes.

Carr's amazing touchdown called back - NFL Videos

Quote:
I'm sure ninjas are great people, but I think they should be more like traditional ninjas: neither seen nor heard.
Quote:
Quote:
All figures should be doled out per union bylaws to each individual, based purely on seniority, at cost, free shipping, delivered to your door in a ford.
Unread 08-09-2016, 01:20 PM   #32
K-Tiger
All solutions are final.

Awards Showcase

"Oh, when the Saints, come flubbin' in.."

Why Your Team Sucks 2016: New Orleans Saints
Unread 08-09-2016, 01:42 PM   #33
nacho

Awards Showcase

"At least with Rob Ryan, you have fun while everything sucks. Itís like someone took a jazz funeral and made a defense out of it. By contrast, Dennis Allen is a dry handjob of a coach."
Beautiful. I appreciate colorful analogies more than I should!
Unread 08-10-2016, 11:58 AM   #34
pcsguy88
медведь

pcsguy88 is on a distinguished road

Awards Showcase

I wouldn't go hanging any crowns on KC just yet. Houston will miss several games and probably not back to his true self until week 8. Will this be the year Tamba finally becomes ineffective? Will Dee Ford finally step up and play? How are the corners going to fare when the most experienced one is only in his 2nd year?

The offense looks great with a quality line, a stable of competent backs and a plethora of fast receivers who can catch. Can Alex get them the ball? Is Tyreek going to strangle every pregnant woman he sees in the stands?

You are right about this being Alex's year because the way Foles' contract is structured, one of them will not be here next year. You do not pay a backup between $6.75 and $17 million for year 2.
pcsguy88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-10-2016, 01:36 PM   #35
K-Tiger
All solutions are final.

Awards Showcase

Philadelphia Freedom, I lo*record scratch*

Why Your Team Sucks 2016: Philadelphia Eagles
Unread 08-10-2016, 01:45 PM   #36
NSA
Dear Leader

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcsguy88 View Post
I wouldn't go hanging any crowns on KC just yet. Houston will miss several games and probably not back to his true self until week 8. Will this be the year Tamba finally becomes ineffective? Will Dee Ford finally step up and play? How are the corners going to fare when the most experienced one is only in his 2nd year?

The offense looks great with a quality line, a stable of competent backs and a plethora of fast receivers who can catch. Can Alex get them the ball? Is Tyreek going to strangle every pregnant woman he sees in the stands?

You are right about this being Alex's year because the way Foles' contract is structured, one of them will not be here next year. You do not pay a backup between $6.75 and $17 million for year 2.
Yeah, we'll see. KC seems like the most 'stable' team in the AFC West right now, but with football who the heck knows.

I haven't looked at KC's schedule, how's it looking?

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Unread 08-10-2016, 06:59 PM   #37
pcsguy88
медведь

Awards Showcase

REGULAR
1 SEP 11 12:00PMCDT * CHARGERS -win
2 SEP 18 12:00PMCDT * AT TEXANS -better win, but they will be angry and Andy Chiefs are not known for quick starts to the season.
3 SEP 25 3:25PMCDT * JETS - better win
4 OCT 2 7:30PMCDT ' AT STEELERS - too close to call
5 BYE
6 OCT 16 3:05PMCDT * AT RAIDERS - I never bet when these two play
7 OCT 23 12:00PMCDT ) SAINTS - not sure what Brees we'll see against young secondary, will Houston be in game form by now?
8 OCT 30 12:00PMCDT * AT COLTS - lose
9 NOV 6 12:00PMCST * JAGUARS - win
10 NOV 13 12:00PMCST * AT PANTHERS - lose
11 NOV 20 12:00PMCST ) BUCCANEERS - win
12 NOV 27 3:25PMCST * AT BRONCOS - this will decide the rest of our season
13 DEC 4 12:00PMCST * AT FALCONS - IDK shit about them
14 DEC 8 7:25PMCST ' , RAIDERS - I do not bet even in our house
15 DEC 18 12:00PMCST * TITANS - win
16 DEC 25 7:30PMCST ' BRONCOS - division clincher?
17 JAN 1 3:25PMCST * AT CHARGERS - we always sit our starters in this game under Reid.
Unread 08-10-2016, 07:06 PM   #38
NSA
Dear Leader

Awards Showcase

Oh wow week 17 is on New Years day! HANGOVERBOWL!

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Unread 08-10-2016, 07:19 PM   #39
nacho

Awards Showcase

Oh crap, that means I get exactly zero days off for the holidays when x-mas eve/xmas day/NYE/NYD all four fall on weekends... what a fucktard calendar!
Unread 08-10-2016, 07:34 PM   #40
pcsguy88
медведь

Awards Showcase

So we play Denver on Thanksgiving weekend and Christmas. I know what I'll ne asking for this year.
Unread 08-10-2016, 07:49 PM   #41
nacho

Awards Showcase

Question is, do I still cheer for a Peyton-less Denver? Since I was old enough to understand what a football was, I had the Montana-Young-Manning triumverate, all overlapping careers just slightly enough to give me an obvious #1 team my entire life. Now nothing.

Denver is full of players I've been rooting for several years on, but my emotional attachment is gone. Do I cheer for Eli, aka Peyton-lite? Do I cheer for my childhood favorite team, the dumpster-fire that is SF? Do I cheer for the Chargers, as Rivers was at NC State when I was in grad school there? Do I cheer for the Titans or Texans, as I have geographical connections to both, but only a passing affinity for either. Do I turn to the dark side and cheer for my wife's team, the Cowboys?!?!

This is my mid-life-crisis NFL season, like I've been widowed and have to try to get on with my NFL life 2.0. Existential dilemmas abound. Maybe I'll just watch the 8-way Sunday Ticket channel and let all the games wash over me, caring about none of them until a player or team emerges to catch my eye. #firstworldproblems
Unread 08-10-2016, 08:00 PM   #42
pcsguy88
медведь

Awards Showcase

Root for the home team?

For once I do not need to hate the Broncos for a bit with Talib being suspended. God I hate that dirty fuck. He's even a Jayhawk and I still hate him. HATE.
Unread 08-10-2016, 08:56 PM   #43
nacho

Awards Showcase

They don't know who shot him (or he did it himself) and they have no weapon. With minimal evidence, how can they suspend a guy just for being shot? I assume he got drunk and did it himself, but I'm not sure how that's going to play out on the courts or in the league office.

Talib is one of those extremely talented guys that's easy to hate. If he's on your team, you marvel at his talent, and if he's not, you hate him passionately. I went through this with Deion. I hated his hot-dogging in ATL, marveled at him when he was on the Niner's '94 SB team (that whole team was on a different level), and then H-A-T-E-D his guts when he went to the cowboys.

Talib is a thug, and he's probably guilty... but if he was on your team, you'd choke it back and watch him work his magic. I couldn't stand him in NE, and I enjoyed the f#$% out of him beating NE multiple times.

It's like the old Seinfeld bit, are you rooting for the players or just the clothes?

EDIT: rooting for the home team... ugh, the Titans. Not only do they suck, but I spent 13 years rooting for Peyton against them. I haven't liked the Titans since Eddie George retired. I loved that guy back when the team and I were both in houston.
Unread 08-11-2016, 05:30 AM   #44
pcsguy88
медведь

Awards Showcase

Thug is right, just like Ray Lewis. He is a dirty player who takes cheap shots and was the first to complain about the new ejection rule. If he's so talented, why does he have a need to collect personal fouls like a necklace of gook ears? Because he`s a thug. Good riddance.
Unread 08-11-2016, 09:26 AM   #45
nacho

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcsguy88 View Post
Thug is right, just like Ray Lewis. He is a dirty player who takes cheap shots and was the first to complain about the new ejection rule. If he's so talented, why does he have a need to collect personal fouls like a necklace of gook ears? Because he`s a thug. Good riddance.
You say that, but when KC signs him next year, your tune will change... even if it's just quietly tolerating him.
Unread 08-11-2016, 10:54 AM   #46
NSA
Dear Leader

Awards Showcase

I can't believe Football is back tonight! (preseason but still..)

That off-season seemed to go fast.

Hard Knocks was interesting this week.. curious to see the rest of the episodes once the Rams preseason games start, it's always fun watching people get cut..

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Unread 08-11-2016, 01:20 PM   #47
K-Tiger
All solutions are final.

Awards Showcase

Your turn, NSA!

Why Your Team Sucks 2016: Oakland Raiders

Unread 08-11-2016, 01:56 PM   #48
pcsguy88
медведь

Awards Showcase

Quote:
You say that, but when KC signs him next year, your tune will change... even if it's just quietly tolerating him.
I already have to quietly tolerate Tyreek baby momma choker Hill. I don't care if he runs every kick back for a TD, I still do not want him on my team. I can't do a damn thing except not spend a dime on the Chiefs, which I have not since they drafted him. Sorry, I have morals that extend to football.

If it gets you arrested and leaves you jobless in the real world, then it should be the same in the NFL. Period.
Unread 08-11-2016, 02:23 PM   #49
nacho

Awards Showcase

RE: Raiders fans:

"You people arenít rebels. You are the NFLís Hot Topic franchise. Eat shit. Youíre all about as dangerous as a DVD of The Crow."

RE Talib:

I agree that thug players should be abolished from the league. But until that happens unilaterally, every good team will inevitably have some assclowns on it. You cannot currently construct a winning NFL team out of just guys like Jason Witten and Danny Woodhead.
Unread 08-12-2016, 11:14 AM   #50
NSA
Dear Leader

Awards Showcase

Raiders one seemed about right, if not kind of tame actually.

I'd love a move to Vegas.. actually closer for me, and those would be some fun weekends.

RAM IT DOWN!

Why Your Team Sucks 2016: Los Angeles Rams

Quote:
Quote:
Quote: