6x6 MRAP

Digler

Officer
Officer Club
Nov 28, 2012
Vancouver,BC Canada
www.facebook.com
:wave:Hello fellow fighters...so....as you guy's know I like to dive into all aspects of this hobby and as I wait for my next supply haul from my new scenery supplier to continue my 'Underground Base Project', I need something cool and fast to do. I'm not sure but I think the Couger 6x6 might be in order.
I also have a commission to do a HEMTT Gun truck and I will start that in a few weeks or so. That will be epic.

So it begins:salute:

Last edited:

XOC2008

Caution: Troll Ahead!
Mar 14, 2011
Plainfield, IL
You betcha Eddie. Bruder vehicles are way outa scale for us..but..take the cab and stuff off and walla a great custom base.

"Voila". Sorry, pet peeve of mine. ;) Can't wait to see how this goes. Knowing you, we'll see the shell complete by this weekend. :D

Rick

Enlisted
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Amazing stuff Digler. You vision of what will be the final product of everything you've done is amazing.

Digler

Officer
Officer Club
Nov 28, 2012
Vancouver,BC Canada
www.facebook.com
Damn. This reminds me of when we talked commission last year Dig! Nothing came out of it, but it's still in the back of my head.

Yep I remember most of the conversation, I'm really waiting on Jesse to enlarge the tire and wheel combo from my MULE project. That tire and wheel combo is very hard to find for our scale. It's used in most MRAPs and the HEMTT truck needs them also and so doe's most of my MRAPs. The tire and wheel combo is a thing we (Jesse and I) are working out together to figure how we can get them on MRAPs for others too. This combo will make any MRAP or off road vehicle custom pop out and be seen for anyone. It has to be a tire,wheel and axle combo. He needs to figure a reasonable price so we all can get them. Give him some time. I wanted to put them on the Cougar also.
I want them on all the new MRAPs I do. I know you still want an Oshkosh MRAP ATV, but mabey you might change you're mind when I do a couple of more types. There are still others that want customs from me and I don't take on too much at once. The gist of it is that I'm waiting for Jesse to get ahold of me and tell me the results of the enlarging and pricing on them.

Digler

Officer
Officer Club
Nov 28, 2012
Vancouver,BC Canada
www.facebook.com
:wave:Hello fellow fighters...another update....

I'm going to use part of the cabover so the next hood will open like its supposed to according to the original toy. I also scraped off all the protruding objects for a flat surface in prep for the styrene.

That's the beginning....I have the flu gentlemen and I won't post for a couple of days....need to rest....got kids....ooooo....I hate being sick:mad:

Digler

Officer
Officer Club
Nov 28, 2012
Vancouver,BC Canada
www.facebook.com
:wave: Hello fellow fighters....I did a little work this weekend...

Its not long enough and I'm going to replace the tires as soon as Jesse has got em.

I'm realizing more and more that the wheels and tires make these customs come to life much like their real life counterparts.

thelegoguy

Enlisted
Mar 16, 2011
Holy christmas Digler! Off to a good start. I can;t wait to see this one done.

Reminds me...I have to finish up on mine soon. Ack!

Digler

Officer
Officer Club
Nov 28, 2012
Vancouver,BC Canada
www.facebook.com
:wave: Hello Fellow fighters...here's another update....

I was going to have the hood open up but I chopped so much that the swivel hook on each side of the real hood doesn't work anymore. I don't enter the engine compartment in any other of my customs so I didn't see the point on this one, but everything else that's supposed to open will and a little more.....

Stay tuned for more...:wave::salute::salute:

Rick

Enlisted
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Oh My!

What goodies do you have planned for the interior?

Digler

Officer
Officer Club
Nov 28, 2012
Vancouver,BC Canada
www.facebook.com
:wave: Hello Fellow Fighters....here is a little update on the MRAP....

So I dropped it a couple a centimeters cause I thought it was to tall now its very close to the right height compared to the OSHKOSH....

Stay tuned for more....:wave::salute::salute: