6x6 MRAP

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
It's mostly accurate. Cougar might be creeping into 1:16.

Digler

Officer
Officer Club
Nov 28, 2012
Vancouver,BC Canada
www.facebook.com
So yeah making gi joe scaled toys, I have learned, is much different than accurate 1/18th scaled replicas. In this hobby of ours, it's the joe's that have our priority, so the vehicles seemed to always come second, and so, companies made their own 'accurate' figures with their 'accurate' replica vehicles.
Us costumisers have to 'imagineer' joe scale. In other words I can make a cockpit fit a joe, but after all the gear is applied to the joe, he is much bigger in bulk and wont 'fit' into the same spot. So trying to make the inside bigger 'joe scale', while keeping the outside in 1/18th scale, needs a lot of ingenuity and imagination.....and will never completely satisfy everyone.
This is how I get scale without proper measurements,

So you see the how big that 4x4 Cougar is against a Humvee....obviously the 6x6 will look massive compaired to the Humvee....and really the 6x6 Cougar is a fucking beast.

The M-35 is very close to the same height as the Cougar.....maybe even a little bigger...but not much

You see how big the m-35 is, I think the Cougar is a little bigger, but not much. Those HEMTT's are long and just as big as the Cougar, but with full armor and all the gun's on the HEMTT, ( which bulks it out even more like I've done to NSA & HJ's )I'd put my money on the HEMTT.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
21st's HMMWV was definitely 1:18. I've heard getting figures in the back is nigh impossible.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Yeah, getting figures into the drivers seat on the 21st HMMWV is hard enough, back seat is a joke.

I got a pretty well loaded up Joe in the drivers seat of the HEMTT yesterday relatively easily! It was one of my older customs too, not these new fangled ones with 'articulation' :)

Rick

Enlisted
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Geezus. That Buffalo looks like it'll monster-truck right over the Humvee

No kidding aye?!? I knew they were big but wow. Can't to see one in civilian world down the road all done up as a camper some day. Or as one of those big ass desert racers

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I'll wager that they run along the lines of M151s and HMMWVs, in that you're free to buy them from surplus sells as long as you demil (read: SCRAP) them.

They're destroying these things in-place in the sandbox. The majority of the ones going to the coperators are gonna end up in a corner of the motorpool, unmaintained and unused, especially after some retard thin blue liner kills a civilian on the road with one.

This isn't the '40s when they were selling Lightings and Mustangs to anyone that had the $50 to buy them.

mutt71

Enlisted
Oct 14, 2017
I am new to this board and just viewed this build from start to finish. Words fail me to describe the build and the talents of Digler.