Votes: 17 28.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
I was certain I was gonna be voting for Matt's shot, but seeing them all together, it's more difficult than I though...

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
#1 has so much little detail!

#2 was a banner that should have won last time!

#3 While, cool, I can't vote for a JOE vehicle. Patooie.

#4 I'm too racist for that one.

#5 is really crisp!

#6 brings the goods!

Damn, I'm going to have to think about this.

HeelJoe

Is singin' in Acid Rain
Jan 23, 2013
Midlands - UK
I wish I'd voted for myself as I'd have at least got a single vote but then I thought against doing an Eddie lol :p

Meddatron

I am what I am
Apr 19, 2011
York, Pa
s1193.photobucket.com
I wish I'd voted for myself as I'd have at least got a single vote but then I thought against doing an Eddie lol :p

Do not let it deter you. I had 2 months in a row with 0 votes, before I had my only banner win. Been close a few times since but usually fall 3rd or 4th. I am determined to have a zombie one win! lol. October with Walking Deads return is probably my best chance.

HeelJoe

Is singin' in Acid Rain
Jan 23, 2013
Midlands - UK
Do not let it deter you. I had 2 months in a row with 0 votes, before I had my only banner win. Been close a few times since but usually fall 3rd or 4th. I am determined to have a zombie one win! lol. October with Walking Deads return is probably my best chance.

Nah Med not deterred at all. Just working out people's tastes and likes. Mental note made on NSA's comment lol. I threw that pic into the comp last minute as it's part of my diocom. I've got a 2nd which I'm very happy about. I'll get there as will you with your beloved zombies.

XOC2008

Caution: Troll Ahead!
Mar 14, 2011
Plainfield, IL
Just FYI, #3 should be disqualified due to it being the wrong dimensions. 1024x379 is not the dimensions in the rules. It should be 920x322 and no, no one is going to fix it for you. :)

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
F*@# it...disqualify it...I genuinely don't care...I saw it going through an old disc and thought it'd look cool cropped...if I did it wrong, trash it!...I can't figure out that cropping sh!t and don't care that much...I just won't bother anymore :)

XOC2008

Mar 14, 2011
Plainfield, IL
Hey, I hate to play rules nazi. But the staff spent a lot of time revamping these rules and then spent a lot of time discussing them with the members(where you were very vocal about some things if I recall). You should invest in some windows products if apple's not doing the job for you. ;) But if we're going to have rules like following the themes and sticking to the appropriate dimensions, then they really should be followed.

It's not like we're singling you out. You just tend to be the one that keeps doing it wrong. :slap: :thumbsup:

That said, it's not up to me whether it's disqualified or not. I just think it should be because it violates the banner contest rules on the dimensions:

"3. The submission must be in the correct size/aspect ratio: 920px by 322px. You can use any free editing program to crop your image to this size/ratio. Any image submitted outside of this size/ratio will be discarded. This is MUY IMPORTANTE!"

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
(where you were very vocal about some things if I recall).

Correct, I was very vocal, about NOT making too many rules...you guys/we all want participation, but the more rules made, the less participation you/we will have...because some people (probably just me) just don't care that much...*shrugs*

You should invest in some windows products if apple's not doing the job for you...

Haha, spend a bunch of money to be able to crop banners correctly?...again, don't care that much, not even a little bit close :D

Seriously guys, no butt hurting here...I really don't care :proposetoast:

XOC2008

Mar 14, 2011
Plainfield, IL
Correct, I was very vocal, about NOT making too many rules...you guys/we all want participation, but the more rules made, the less participation you/we will have...because some people (probably just me) just don't care that much...*shrugs*

I don't think we have that many more rules than before, though. It's just that we've come to a consensus that if we're going to have rules for contests and stuff, that we should adhere to them and we should be able to expect that participants do too.

Don't get me wrong, I understand your point. But in the opposing view, we've had plenty of people vocal about submissions(banner contests, officer contests) just not following the rules. And not just you, for the record. There have been others.

I think we had a pretty good turnout for this one since we went back to the old manner of voting. I just think that we should be able to count on everyone participating to follow the rules as written and not think they can slide by or get some sort of special treatment because <enter reason here>.

I would have made my initial comment no matter who it was, though. Even if you've been a dirty rule breaker in the past! ;)

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com

Haha, spend a bunch of money to be able to crop banners correctly?...again, don't care that much, not even a little bit close :D

Seriously guys, no butt hurting here...I really don't care :proposetoast:

:words::words::words::words::words::words::words::words:

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
One thing that was a benefit, is that HeelJoe got to get his properly cropped before submission time, if it was the blind entry, it would have been too late and too bad so sad!

Now sure, he didn't win THIS time.. but maybe next time :)

footloose

Enlisted
Jul 19, 2011
As always anyone can shoot there entry to me ahead of time and I will make sure it is cropped correctly. Also if you'd like ill critique it and give you my honest opinion if you have something worth posting or if its just a turd of an entry and not worth posting.

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
One thing that was a benefit, is that HeelJoe got to get his properly cropped before submission time, if it was the blind entry, it would have been too late and too bad so sad!

Now sure, he didn't win THIS time.. but maybe next time :)

Exactly! If anything, the blind voting experiment was a failure and has proven that it needs to be dead. That shit killed the whole Banner experience IMO.