British SAS Desert Patrol Jeep "Part 1"

TheHun

Enlisted
Mar 18, 2011
Hey Guys,
This is a custom i have been working on for the past couple of months off and on, I'm getting better at remembering to take photos of the build as i go so bare with me......There will be 3 parts to this custom

A couple of years ago i picked up a busted up Solido die-cast jeep similar to this one, So its what i started with

After stripping it down, and finding the color i wanted to use, I cut away the grill and added the water cooling system

When i started on the inside, I had to remove the seats and customize them to where i could move them back as far as possible, I wanted to be sure that later on i could add custom figures, I also had to re position the steering wheel so it would be easy to get figures in and out, then i replace the rear deck and raise it up a little, After that i had to make 3 different gun mounts, one for a 50 Cal, one for a single Vickers, and one for the twin vickers.......on to the fun part....Detailing......

I did remove,customize and repaint the motor, Even tho there was no reason for it because once i add all the stowage you will not be able to raise the hood, Adding the detail and paint chips is a real pain, and time consuming, paint chips in 1/18 scale are really small .... on to part “ 2 “

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
You even painted the motor?!! Damn! Thanks for sharing the WIP pictures TH. This is an astonishing transformation.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
funny how good it looked before you even did anything to it...and come to see later that it isn't sh!t compared what you ended up with...