Cargo Truck

Grendel

The Unwashed
May 10, 2016
Started with the World Peacekeepers Anti Aircraft Missile Truck.
truck1.jpg

The idea is to turn them into large cargo trucks.
truck3.jpg
truck4.jpg
Installing Rails
truck5.jpg

Last nights work.
truck6.jpg
truck7.jpg
More to come.

Reactions: UncannyForces

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
Hey hey! That's cool. But yeah, like NSA I've yet to see that truck.

If you get some of this glue and insta-set you wouldn't need the clamps. The project would move along a LOT quicker.

Grendel

The Unwashed
May 10, 2016
Those were not sold in the States. I got mine from Peterkin Toys in England. I traded some 1/6 scale pieces for the shipping costs to a friend of mine there. They are sold on eBay, but are pretty pricy. GI*EDDIE I stay away from cyanoacrylate glues unless I am gluing metal or dissimilar materials (wood to plastic, metal to wood etc.). MEK (testors liquid, various plastic model glues) for polystyrene or one of a number of decent ABS plastic glues creates a chemical weld in plastics. Makes for a stronger bond that does not degrade as quickly over time as cyanoacrylate glues. That has been my experience anyway. While I have just gotten into customizing 3.75 in or 1/18 scale military vehicles I have been a 1/35th scale armor and sci-fi modeler for 32 years.

Reactions: G.I.*EDDIE

Grendel

The Unwashed
May 10, 2016
Every army needs a generator trailer. I like doing oddball stuff. One of those little truck cabs is going to be used for a FDC (fire direction control) truck. I have plans to do an outdoor diorama with it set up as the power source for the FDC truck and two batteries of 105 howitzers (GI Joe mountain howitzers). Need to strip the decals and decal gunk of the howitzers and pain them.
howitzer.jpg

Grendel

The Unwashed
May 10, 2016
Maybe down the road. I am focusing on cargo haulers at the moment. I do have a set of 1/35th scale line drawings that I had enlarged to 1/18th scale for the M1117 Guardian.

jersey john

Mar 13, 2018
Good stuff my friend. Carry on. Can't wait to see how these artillery batteries and trucks look when done