[CONTEST] Cobra Commander's Vacation

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
First the Corny Story :)

Cobra Commander is in a deep dark place right now. He spent a fortune redesigning himself for G.I.JOE Renegades. Unfortunately for him, Renegades was dead before it even got started. To make things worse, he's now peg warming across the nation and already designing his new look for G.I.JOE Retaliation. He's decided to take a break, he's going to travel the world and get away from his problems. What will he find? Love? Happiness? Hatred? Only one way to find out!

Rules:
1. Staff, Officers and Members can sign up in the thread by posting. They then need to PM a address to me. deadline March 10th, 2012
2. I will snap the first photo of Cobra Commander and then mail him out to a random member of the contest. I will then randomly select the rest of the participants and create CC's itinerary.
3. Members will have 2-3 weeks to snap photos of the Cobra Commander. Once the photo's are posted in the thread, The current owner will receive a pm with the address of the next location. They will then send the CC to the next member. Rinse and Repeat.
4. All participants can submit 3 photos for the contest.
5. Four of the six prizes will be determined by the Staff. The other two will be voted on my members of forum with Staff being ineligible to vote.
6. Each location that CC travels too he will pick up a "souvenir" that he needs to bring along during his travels. This needs to be a small simple item and can be used in pictures. Example: after you receive the CC, take your pics and get ready to ship him to his next destination, you add a knife to the package to bring with him.
7. This is a Worldwide event/contest. No limitations. When I do the drawing selections, I will consider the locations of the international contestants to cut costs on shipping. Expect the shipping costs to be $2-$6. Consider this to be your "entry cost" to the contest.
8. After CC has completed his journey. I will post a recap of his travels including a total tally of his mileage traveled and a final picture with all of his "souvenirs". The figure and his "souvenirs" will then be used for a later event/contest TBD.

Prizes:

1. Best Overall Picture voted on by Staff, Staff ineligible to win

2. Best Dio voted on by Staff, Staff ineligible to win

3. Best Picture by a Staff Member, Officers and Members ineligible to win

4. Best Outdoor Picture voted on by Staff, Staff ineligible to win

5. Most Unique Picture voted on by Staff, Staff ineligible to win

6. Forums favorite voted via Poll, Staff ineligible to win

Last edited:

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011

This will be the exact figure that will be used for the contest. He will bring his staff with him across the world. He will also bring his 70's style suitcase(1st souvenir, donated by Major Blood!). These items aren't required to be used in the photos however they must travel with him to each new destination along with each souvenir.

CC's Itinerary:

http://www.fighting118th.com/forum/announcements/2568-contest-ccs-itinerary.html

CC's Photo's:

http://www.fighting118th.com/forum/announcements/2570-contest-ccs-pictures.html

Last edited:

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
Confirmed Participants:

bar
Fogger1138
Fled74
Meddatron
Akunin
Midget
CoBrAtHeEnEmY!
Wild Bill
Blowtorch
Wry1
Slaymaker
Charade
Cloud Strife
G.I. Eddie
Ctrl Z
Tankster
K-Tiger
loadedtomcat
alcinde4
snakeling
Obi-Shinobi
Dr Syn
footloose
W.O. leroy
WVMojo
Lunchbox
duffmann
Wild Weasel
Lowlight33
PROVOST
Rick
Flint071
NSA
Ewokhunter92

Waiting on Addy's:

Major Blood

Last edited:

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Holy crap, someone sure stocked up on those lousy 21st figures!

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
I'll join on up

Right on! Just send me a PM with your addy to make it official.

I'm game...just to be clear, the pics can be completely random?

Yes sir! You can submit 3 separate pics of whatever you want to try and win any of the prizes that your eligible for. The only requirement of the pics is the CC has to be in the pic in some way shape or form. You can swap out parts even if you want as long as the CC stays intact for the next person.

Midget

Resident Jarhead
Mar 14, 2011
Old Dominion
I'm in. Fogger and I live close, so if you want to send it to one of us, I'm sure the other will hand it off to make it easier.

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I'm in, just to piss people off with the souvenir.

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
I would be involved, but the last thing I was involved in seemed to upset a few people. My brand of humor is under appreciated on these boards.

Oh stop it. Most of us enjoy some Wok humor. Not everyone realizes what is in store so there is the element of surprise to those not in the know. :shoot:

Wild weasel

needs killer whale parts!
Jun 9, 2011
^That would probably be pretty difficult, not sure about his job but because my dad is a pilot I have a good understanding of the nature of the job, and assuming his job is similar the schedule is never written in writing like most jobs, they can call you today and say they need you in 3 hours and then midtrip you could find out the trip has been extended. I don't want to speak for him, especially since I don't know how the company he flies for works, but that's most likely the way his company works too