Custom Colonial Marines

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
I know this isn't "real world" military, but as there is no clarification, I figured I'd put these here. If any mod wants to move this to a more appropriate place, that's cool.

O.k., I finally have my squad of custom Marines finished, the ONLY thing missing is personal graffiti...and I'm just not sure how to approach that. I'm not sure I can paint what could end up as being some pretty small details AND I don't want to overload them with "stuff". I'd have to plan each one out carefully and that might just make my head explode.

So, sitting that aside, I'll post one each day till I get them all.

The first is Sgt. Tilden. Yes, his right leg armor is unpainted other than a coat of OD green, it's supposed to look like that.

Attachments

• Tilden1.jpg
    Tilden1.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 68

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
Yeah, I used what I had on-hand. I also needed a guy with a screaming face, and Jackson was one of the few I could find.

pcsguy88

Deuce Deuce
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
I dig the customs but do have to say the heads are distracting. Same thing I found whenever doing headswaps on my own figures. You have to admit though, that would be a fantastic Alien movie if tilted like Starship Troopers.

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
I see what you mean about the heads...Sam L. will have to stay, but I could swap out the Rock.

There were ALIENS comics that had huge swarms of xenos over running Earth at one point.

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
I posted this guy before, but it was a year or two ago, figured I should put him in with the rest of the squad just to be complete.

Lt. Evans

Attachments

• Lt. Evans.jpg
    Lt. Evans.jpg
    950.7 KB · Views: 42

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
Pvt. Ramirez

This figure is pretty much a stock HT figure, I replaced the head, painted it and the arms to match, removed the gun holster and placed it at his side and placed a Gerber knife and sheath where the holster was, also repainted the grenades. I'll probably switch these out with the same ones I used on all the other figures just so they all match.

Attachments

• Pvt. Ramirez.jpg
    Pvt. Ramirez.jpg
    924.2 KB · Views: 36

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
Pfc. Holt
(yeah, I know, another actor likeness)

Attachments

• Pfc. Holt.jpg
    Pfc. Holt.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 23

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
Pfc. Mays

Questions:
1) Should I give him a more powerful primary weapon, and let the shotgun be a secondary weapon? I looked up the use of shotguns in todays military, and it seemed they are mostly used as a secondary. But this figure HAS what could be a secondary weapon, in the form of a pistol.

2)Am I drawing this out needlessly by posting a single picture every day?

Attachments

• Pfc. Mays.jpg
    Pfc. Mays.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 14