Doku Post Invasion CIA Homeland SAD

Rick

Enlisted
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Inspired by the custom produced by "Thecorperation" named Rabbit I felt the need to use up the "ball head" as my daghter calls them of Storm Shadow. Since the character of Storm Shadow will not be in my Alternate Universe storyline I wanted to make a character with a Snake Eyes Mystic but with a more real world persona. This is what I came up with.

Meet Doku

Doku, the Japanese name for poison.

Doku grew up the son of a Korean American father and Japanese mother mostly in South Korea on base where his father served as a CIA Operative carrying out missions in Korea and China. Doku thought his father was just an intelligence officer, analyzing satellite images until one day he overheard a conversation his father had with his handler regarding a recent assassination mission. The secret ate at him as he knew confronting his father would blow his cover and create problems for his father going forward. He still remembers the day when his father knelt down to tell him goodbye and that he was going to be gone for a couple weeks. The look in his father’s eyes were one of deep sorrow and the hug he received and the instructions to take care of his mother seemed different than the other times he would leave on so called training deployments. When his father never returned he felt as though his future was stolen from him and vowed to himself, he would follow in his father’s footsteps and eventually find the truth behind his father’s death and if still alive make those responsible pay the ultimate price.

Doku graduated High School with honors and although he participated in team sports he would tend to be to himself. He had a passion for martial arts, marksmanship and oddly chemistry. He became a Marine and while going through Budds little did he know he was being watched closely by his father’s former handler. He was pulled from the training and recruited by the CIA. He was honored and now knew he was where he needed to be to find out about the truth of his father’s death. His Handler knew this and explained to him that he must be patient and the time will come.

Focused on his work he became one of the company’s most skilled assasins and as the US was preparing for an attack on the homeland creating new completely different units based on what the future style of warfare was going to evolve into he was initially considered to be a member of MAS3, but was rejected because he seemed to operate best independently. After the US invasion he was re-deployed to the Homeland where he wove his web between the CIA, military and civilian militia taking out key OWA command & control personnel. His weapon of choice is his sniper pistol with poison tipped rounds that made sure his targets paid the ultimate price no matter where the round entered.

Recipe:

Head: Storm Shadow
Torso, Legs & Shoes: POC Jungle Duke
Arms: ROC Dike Reactive City ??
Vest & Go Bag: POC Zartan with canteen moved to rear, POC beachead knife on rear, Our Wars holster and bbi handgun.
Other weapons: JOES

Attachments

• doku1.jpg
    doku1.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 77
  • doku2.jpg
    doku2.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 48
  • doku3.jpg
    doku3.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 43
  • doku4.1.jpg
    doku4.1.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 31
  • doku4.jpg
    doku4.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 28
  • doku5.jpg
    doku5.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 34
  • doku6.jpg
    doku6.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Other than the face paints making him look like he's staring down the barrel of a 25mm Bushmaster i like him.

The "sniper pistol" is actually a VSK-94, a sniper rifle chambered in 9x39mm.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Cool figure, Rick. I always really liked that SS sculpt, and the Zartan sculpt for the vest, but neither figure as a whole. Cool combo of parts. I wish more figures came with those Duke legs.

The "sniper pistol" is actually a VSK-94, a sniper rifle chambered in 9x39mm.

I'd wondered what that was. I know it's not even in the same league, but the design reminded me of a much more badass P-38, for some reason. Like a modernized G1 Megatron. Always thought it looked cool, but now it's a lot cooler.

What figure did it come with? I can't for the life of me remember, but I think I have one, maybe two at most from the ROC figures?

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Cool figure, Rick. I always really liked that SS sculpt, and the Zartan sculpt for the vest, but neither figure as a whole. Cool combo of parts. I wish more figures came with those Duke legs.

I'd wondered what that was. I know it's not even in the same league, but the design reminded me of a much more badass P-38, for some reason. Like a modernized G1 Megatron. Always thought it looked cool, but now it's a lot cooler.

What figure did it come with? I can't for the life of me remember, but I think I have one, maybe two at most from the ROC figures?

It's been used a couple of times, but the only one i recall for certain is Jungle Ripcord. I'm hoping it gets used again. I love the fact Hasbro is doing those exotic Russian sniper systems, even if they're wonky scale-wise.

Rick

Enlisted
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Thanks everyone, I tried a mild wash that I think helped.

K-Tiger thanks for clearing that up for me with regards to the sniper rifle. I'm a little, well quite ignorant with recognizing what's what and what's real and Joeverse.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Thanks everyone, I tried a mild wash that I think helped.

K-Tiger thanks for clearing that up for me with regards to the sniper rifle. I'm a little, well quite ignorant with recognizing what's what and what's real and Joeverse.

No worries, I think the scale discrepancy lends well to what you're using it as.