Imaginext Pirate Serpent Ship

Iok

Enlisted
Jun 21, 2014
That Figures: REVIEW: Imaginext Pirate Serpent Ship

The Serpent Ship is a superb playset/vehicle, packed with great interactive play features, cool-looking figures, fun engineering and a design that looks so cool both at rest and during play.

With all that said, your enjoyment of this toy will be shaped somewhat by the price.

Currently Kohl's has the Serpent Ship on sale at $29.99, which is an amazing price when you consider the sheer size of the thing and just how many features it comes with (and the fact that at Kohl's it's not uncommon to see $20 vehicles marked up to $30...) but what's even more amazing is that with a bit of hunting around, you could easily score this incredible vehicle for less than $20 (with free shipping if you're an Amazon Prime member...)

The real question is: is the Serpent Ship worth $60.

The answer is: I don't know.

That's not to take anything away from this set (it really is an impressive, fun-packed piece of plastic) but I honestly cannot distance myself from the low price I paid for the ship and my enjoyment of it. My guess is that if you can find it at a price you're comfortable paying, then you won't be disappointed. I'd just suggest doing some digging around before you buy, as you may be able to find the Serpent Ship at an insanely low price online.

So with that out of the way, what about the actual toy?

As I mentioned above, the Serpent Ship is packed with great features. From the interactive/''guided'' play features to the imagination-fueling, scenario jump-off accessories, there's a lot of fun to be had with this set. The fact that it looks pretty damned awesome doesn't hurt, either...

It's not perfect. It's disappointing how little space there actually is on the deck to add extra pirates (and let's face it, what else are you going to do with those 2-figure packs?), mainly due to the precedence given to the activity discs and ''mechanical'' play features. And yes, the one-color accessories make it look a little cheaper than they should but these are really very minor issues.

Overall then, the Serpent Ship is a great, oversize vehicle-cum-playset packed with fun features and some great accessories, and if you're a fan of the Imaginext Pirate line then you'll definitely find a place for this one in your collection.

FULL REVIEW AND MORE PICTURES:

That Figures: REVIEW: Imaginext Pirate Serpent Ship