Man Of Steel 3-3/4" figures

JMM82

Enlisted
Jul 15, 2011
St. Louis, Mo.
I was at Walmart today and saw the new Man Of Steel 3-3/4" figures that just arrived on the pegs. I'm always looking for figures with decent head sculpts to place on my non-descript G.I. Joe figures, since I like to troop build, such as 'Retaliation' Troopers, ROC Pit Troopers and ROC Pit Commandos.

There are several versions of Superman, but one figure caught my eye that looked pretty decent and has more of a military look to him. His name is General Zod and he has short brown hair with bangs. The Superman head sculpts are pretty decent as well, though they have less of a military look about them.

The heads do pop off with a little bit of work. They're attached to a neck ball connected to a thin rod. That's about the best way I can describe it. You may or may not understand what I mean. I was able to twist the head a bit and insert a very small straight blade screwdriver tip in between the neck ball and the inside of the head to carefully pry it off.

I'm not sure if there are other figures in this line or not. Superman and General Zod were the only 2 that I saw today.

Figures were $6.97 each. A little steep just for the heads but I thought it was worth it.

Last edited:

Meddatron

I am what I am
Apr 19, 2011
York, Pa
s1193.photobucket.com
I got both Zod in his armor, and superman with the ripped in half bike. They are like the Batman figures in how they are produced, same figure with multiple color schemes. Only these have elbow articlulation and no knee articulation. There are 2 versions of zod though, one deluxe without his suit, and the single card with his suit. As soon as I have time I will post comparison pics of all versions of superman I have and other figures for size comparison.

I need to find an all blue MU figure to replace the lower body on my superman.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I was at Walmart today and saw the new Man Of Steel 3-3/4" figures that just arrived on the pegs. I'm always looking for figures with decent head sculpts to place on my non-descript G.I. Joe figures, since I like to troop build, such as 'Retaliation' Troopers, ROC Pit Troopers and ROC Pit Commandos.

There are several versions of Superman, but one figure caught my eye that looked pretty decent and has more of a military look to him. His name is General Zod and he has short brown hair with bangs. The Superman head sculpts are pretty decent as well, though they have less of a military look about them.

The heads do pop off with a little bit of work. They're attached to a neck ball connected to a thin rod. That's about the best way I can describe it. You may or may not understand what I mean. I was able to twist the head a bit and insert a very small straight blade screwdriver tip in between the neck ball and the inside of the head to carefully pry it off.

I'm not sure if there are other figures in this line or not. Superman and General Zod were the only 2 that I saw today.

Figures were $6.97 each. A little steep just for the heads but I thought it was worth it.

Kneel before Zod!

Sounds like the same neck barbell system that the MiB III, Build n Brawl and UFC figures used.

Meddatron

I am what I am
Apr 19, 2011
York, Pa
s1193.photobucket.com
They do seem to be that way KT, I didn't remove the head but on Zod I can see it when I tilt his head up. If these figures had Knee articulation, I wouldn't mind the T-Bar crotch, since they are just going on a Dio on a shelf.

Zod seems to have plenty of usable armor that can be cut away for various sci-fi customs.

Meddatron

I am what I am
Apr 19, 2011
York, Pa
s1193.photobucket.com
I wonder if they are already at Big Lots. The batman figures hit both, Big Lots ones were 4 I think but had no accessories, less paint and different packaging than the mainstream retailers.

Meddatron

I am what I am
Apr 19, 2011
York, Pa
s1193.photobucket.com
Here you go, Heads fit great on Joes. (last picture) Ball on the figures is bigger, but the initial part of the hole is smaller (damn Eddieism) which gives it a nice snug fit with plenty of range of motion.

Last edited:

Meddatron

I am what I am
Apr 19, 2011
York, Pa
s1193.photobucket.com
Holy craptacular figures, Batman!

Nice that the heads are useful but.. damn. DC really does suck the donkey dick when it comes to figures.

haha, Not DC, Mattell. Someday in a perfect world I will get a perfect Superman. But Mattell needs to lose the license. C'mon Hasbro,buy the license, please.....

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
I'm sure if DC really pushed, they could get better figures made, I mean look how hard Lucas fought to keep his SW figures crappy :)

As far as Hasbro goes.. look at the IM3 and new Wolverine figures.. there are no sure bets anymore!

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
DC Direct (though it has a new name) does DC's "good" figures.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Supes' knoggin' might be aces on Prof. X's body.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
If you have a Big Lots they have some 5 dollar 4" Supes figures. Probably the exact same head sculpts.

Bravestarr

Molon Labe!
Founder
Mar 15, 2011
10-4 on the DC Direct figures in the 7 inch scale. Anyone seen the latest Justice League line in that scale? Wow!