Marauder Inc. General Thread

blackrazor1

Enlisted
Dec 25, 2013

Marauder "Gun-Runner" said:
Hey Folks!
Here is the prototype for the upcoming Marauder Task Force WWII US Army Soldier. The level of detail on the figure and gear is just AMAZING! Also, this one of a kind tooling prototype will be AVAILABLE for purchase in the Kickstarter event for one lucky backer! We are still on track to launch the event this week. We hope you like it!
MJ

Reactions: G.I.*EDDIE

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Yeah, it all has to be so thick for durability issues, and when you start stacking that shit it gets bloated. I can't imagine the bandoleer on top of the suspenders. Paint will hide a multitude of sins, so maybe it will all look better with color on it.

I'm starting to think it isn't possible to get good, removable belt and suspenders-based webbing. There are just too many trade-offs with the current technology. 1:6 Master Race wins this round.

blackrazor1

Enlisted
Dec 25, 2013

Marauder "Gun-Runners" said:
Hey Folks!
Here is the prototype for the upcoming Marauder Task Force WWII German Soldier. EACH soldier will have different & ALL NEW tooling...new body...new gear...new weapons. Our MTF WWII Kickstarter is our largest campaign ever because of ALL the new tools required to make so many different figures & gear. As with all the other one of a kind tooling prototypes, this proto will be AVAILABLE for purchase in the Kickstarter event for one lucky backer! We plan to start the Kickstarter this Thursday evening February 15th. We hope you all join us!
MJ

Reactions: G.I.*EDDIE

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
The flap holster is Hasbro-tier junk, but at least we're getting an MG pouch. Glad I still have that scale ammo belt. :wave:

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
The missing cockade and reichsadler on the peak cap are major buzz-harshers and something seems of about the M43, though it could simply be the angle of the photo.

The Hiya stuff is scaled fairly well, but I'm not sure about its long-term durability. I still haven't opened mine, but it looks like pretty soft plastic.

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
Well I'd be lying if I didn't say I wasn't the least bit curious about how this is going to look when they're painted and mass produced. I'm wondering if it will be possible to make some "modern" Red Shadows using the Wehrmacht parts and the like. Still waiting on Communism.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I'd be fairly surprised if there wasn't a red variant of that early war German somewhere down the road.

Slaymaker

Mostly Ignored
Officer Club
May 13, 2011
Iowa
japan.jpg

Hey Folks!
What BETTER way to say Happy Valentine's Day than with another Marauder Task Force WWII prototype reveal! Here is the Japanese Soldier. Yes, you see 2 (TWO) different Asian head styles in the image! The scabbard for the sword and the sheath for the bayonet were not ready for the photo (but will be added to the Kickstarter images when available). As with all the other one of a kind tooling prototypes, this proto will be AVAILABLE for purchase in the Kickstarter event for one lucky backer! Again, a HUGE thank you to Marauder Ruben for his GREAT images! He is a skilled photographer..but Ruben's paint master customs are just STUNNING! We are so looking forward to sharing them with you! We plan to launch the Kickstarter tomorrow evening, Thursday February 15th. We hope you all join us!
MJ

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Fuck, yeah, IJA NCO. Glad to see there is a variant of the sen-bou with the the bou-tare attatched. Can't wait to see the detail on the shin gunto, too.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
Man... Between these figures and the available WWII vehicles, you could make one killer full basement dio if you had the funds and space.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Ugh, don't get me thinking about what crewing my Panther and Tiger would cost.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
*waits to see NSA's "for sell"* thread pop up.

*Dang. Haven't seen Xhairs "for sell" reference in a looooooong time.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Hmm, was it? I'm not sure. I thought it was xhairs who had all of the typos. The member you guys picked on for spelling/grammar before me. He was like the guy who blows past you on the highway that takes the state trooper heat.

Crap, though. Now I'm trying to remember who the dime guy was. I'm sure one of the other "12" will remember.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Hmm, was it? I'm not sure. I thought it was xhairs who had all of the typos. The member you guys picked on for spelling/grammar before me. He was like the guy who blows past you on the highway that takes the state trooper heat.

Crap, though. Now I'm trying to remember who the dime guy was. I'm sure one of the other "12" will remember.

I remember him, but I can't bring the username to mind.

DEREK!!!

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
That's the one.

So, anyone thinking of a site group buy on these?

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Looks like Arnold to me, though I might can see a little Harrison in it.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I went through the whole third rail section where I assume a thread would be where we were discussing shooting but can't find a title that seems familiar. Eh, oh well.

hawkeye

The Unwashed
Jun 11, 2012
Still not seeing the new weapons yet anyone have any picks of the new pistols and the tavor?

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Wave 8? Just seen the ones posted before Christmas on the Facebook page.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
KS is live!

Early thoughts:
Red Shadows German is an early stretch goal. Some fucked scale issues on the weapons. Dragon StG 44 still remains supreme. Y u no give Type 99 a muzzle cone? Brits and Reds down the line of stretch goals. FJs waaay waaay the fuck down. The feldmütze really should have had "the pinch". Did a Marine, but no trench gun.

All in all, about what I expected on all fronts. I think the web gear will look better over soft goods, but it'll be a fucking long wait to find out.

Last edited:

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Yeah, a German great mantel would be nice, but the trade-off is limited poseability unless you go soft goods.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
The weapons don't look that great
I thought I was the only one. I suspect there will be some improvement down the line.

The more I look at all this stuff, the more of my rivet counting autism comes to the surface, and no one wants to hear that rant.:laugh:

darthdre758

Watsamattau?
Officer Club
Mar 14, 2011
They look thin. The first stage is funded. I find it funny that they seemed to think people wanted Japanese more than germans. I get it, we have a lot of germans from old lines, and not as many Japanese...but I think they'd be further down if germans were offered first and Japanese as stretch goals.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I think that's exactly why then line the Japanese up first, all the Germans that have come before, though I don't think they've researched what has actually been produced in 1:18. I'm disappointed the Russians are so far down the list. Not that I have any doubts that the whole damn pot won't get funded.

darthdre758

Watsamattau?
Officer Club
Mar 14, 2011
I know it's cliche, but I really wanted the Airborne to be up higher. I'd put together a whole BOB squad if they were more readily available.