Marvel Universe SDCC 2011

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
So is the SDCC Sentinel in classic purple/red colors? Is that battle-damaged one the regular release?

I love that Galactus-styled, giant bubble card exclusive. Now that's a really sweet exclusive, and one I'd love to get if I had more room and collected more of the MU figures.

Hey Blood, you should do a tutorial on how to make that awesome Marvel diorama you just posted pics of! WOW!!!!!!!!

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
The Marvel Q&A apparently hinted that the classic colors sentinel will hit retail at a later time. So I guess the exclusive portion is the giant blister/card part. That's good to know so I won't fill up on the weird silver legs version. While pink/purple seems silly when you think about it, it's just classic, and sentinels look funny in any other colors.

It's really hard to beat the original ML BAF sentinel, IMO.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
I have one and a half of the ML Sentinel (a weird set of 3 of the 6 parts that oddly can't combine) and think that it's probably better than this new one. I'm sticking to the older one, personally.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I have one and a half of the ML Sentinel (a weird set of 3 of the 6 parts that oddly can't combine) and think that it's probably better than this new one. I'm sticking to the older one, personally.

What parts you missing off that other one?

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
The older one is smaller but more detailed, @ 12". The new one is 4" taller but more of a comic/cartoon look.

I've got one older one assembled and one still in the various packages with the figures. It's very cool, but I'm looking forward to these new ones for the improved scale if nothing else. Besides, they can just be different generations of sentinels as far as my X-Men are concerned.

Last edited:

Goldbug

BND
Mar 15, 2011
Smallville, IL
goldbug.yolasite.com
Wow, these up coming figures look great. The new Doom and Ultron are hopefully improved over their previous figures.
Doom's head is reworked to fit better. Ultron is just a repaint.
Anyone notice that She-Hulk is going to have bicep articulation? It's about damn time... freakin' 2011 and the current females don't have swivel arms... but at least they're getting better.
Jean Grey has elbow articulation.
Here is a breakdown of everything from the panel...
http://marvelousnews.com/index.php?catid=23&itemid=14288

- Scarlett Witch
- FINALLY a decent Punisher!
- FF Spidey no thanks(ugh yet another peg warmer I guess) along with Paper Bag Spidey
- She-Hulk YES!
- Kang!
- Angel
- Nighthawk
- Nova
- Ho, what shimmering vision doth gleam before mine eyes? Hercules!
- Puck could this be part of a 3 pack for Alpha Flight?
- Jubilee awesome!
- Fin Fang Foom I already got mine

And the best news...
- Dave Vonner would love to make a large scale Red Ronin figure. Vonner also said we will see a Peter Parker figure in the 3.75" scale as well as someone else who wears a suit.

Meddatron

I am what I am
Apr 19, 2011
York, Pa
s1193.photobucket.com
Definately getting Absorbing man to fix my roadpig. Also bring the suited figures on, Bout time. I dont care who they are but i want them. My extra set of Crimson Twins will finally have the new bodies I have been waiting for.

Big Jim

Thread Derailer
Mar 15, 2011
Occupied PRK
Definately getting Absorbing man to fix my roadpig. Also bring the suited figures on, Bout time. I dont care who they are but i want them. My extra set of Crimson Twins will finally have the new bodies I have been waiting for.

Same here, that damned SDCC Destro I cant find for a decent enough price to justify using it for customs.and buying mutables of it

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
What parts you missing off that other one?

I have the lower torso and one leg (which actually does connect to the lower torso, I just never clicked them together in case I sell them off later) and the opposing arm to the leg, but I can't remember if I have a left leg and right arm, or right leg and left arm.

They're in a box somewhere, or else I could confirm. I have Angel, Sinister, Mystique and I think my buddy Kevin gave me the arm from Cyclops, but I can't remember if Sinister and Angel were purchased loose or carded... That may help you figure out what parts I have? I'll have to dig it out later.

Damn, I really want Omega Red. He's one of the few X-universe guys I never got, along with Forge.

Last edited:

Cloud Strife

Mako Infused SOLDIER
Apr 16, 2011
Midgar

I like the Marvel Legends Sentinel better too. The ML version's proportions seem much closer to how they were portrayed in the comics and the cartoon than the MU version. I'll have to get whichever ends up being cheaper though. So hopefully, the ML version will go down in price on ebay when the MU version is released!

Doom's head is reworked to fit better. Ultron is just a repaint.

Jean Grey has elbow articulation.
Here is a breakdown of everything from the panel...
http://marvelousnews.com/index.php?catid=23&itemid=14288

- Scarlett Witch
- FINALLY a decent Punisher!
- FF Spidey no thanks(ugh yet another peg warmer I guess) along with Paper Bag Spidey
- She-Hulk YES!
- Kang!
- Angel
- Nighthawk
- Nova
- Ho, what shimmering vision doth gleam before mine eyes? Hercules!
- Puck could this be part of a 3 pack for Alpha Flight?
- Jubilee awesome!
- Fin Fang Foom I already got mine

And the best news...

SWEET! The MU line is by far the least disappointing line for me. They are making so many characters (although using the same sculpts over and over again has really been my main complaint, they seem to be doing more now :D). I'm super stoked for Hercules, Jubilee, Puck, Nova Prime, Scarlet Witch, She-Hulk and Punisher... All of them look frickin' sweet!

Are we getting a new Jean Grey? I didn't see her Goldbug, but saw where you mentioned her. Also, what did you think was the best news that you didn't mention?

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Laid eyes upon the BMF Sentinel today. Nice and heavy. Couldn't pull the trigger on it, though.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
saw that too...very hefty...check amazon...i snagged galactus for $20 free shipping last year...i really didn't want him, but that price was too good

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
That's the thing with me. What am I gonna do with it? I've got a Mike Nesmith Wolverine and an Archangel I'm most likely gonna give away, I don't need a mutant-killing robot.

I could paint it in military colors, but again, to what end? The Black Dragon VTOL would be a better purchase.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
i know what yer saying...i've got tons of stuff that i really don't know what to do with...cool to have, but...*shrugs*

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
This is the stuff that makes me excited to be a parent. My kids will flip when they are older and realize what a gold mine of cool toys I've amassed for them. A 16-inch mutant killing robot... I would have given a limb for such a thing when I was 9 years old.

Or not.. they could be into whatever things kids are into in a couple of years.. my two boys are hardly into action figures at all, despite my prodding. Kids are gonna like what they wanna like.

I bet our parents tried to get us to play with a stick and some string and we wanted fancy pants action men.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
This is the stuff that makes me excited to be a parent. My kids will flip when they are older and realize what a gold mine of cool toys I've amassed for them. A 16-inch mutant killing robot... I would have given a limb for such a thing when I was 9 years old.

It certainly outstrips the Sentinel I had as a kid.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Or not.. they could be into whatever things kids are into in a couple of years.. my two boys are hardly into action figures at all, despite my prodding. Kids are gonna like what they wanna like.

I bet our parents tried to get us to play with a stick and some string and we wanted fancy pants action men.

Oh, I know that's entirely possible/likely. My daughter seems to like all the imaginext Batman stuff more than my son.

They can have the stuff that interests them, I'll keep the stuff that gives me nostalgic warm fuzzies, and I'll ebay what's left in ten years when it's all hard to find.... And maybe I'll garner enough to pay the ebay fees and have enough left over to take my wife to the movies or something!

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I think the new one is quite a bit larger, and is probably cheaper than building or eBaying a ML one.

I've got the lower torso for an ML one. Never gonna build that damn thing.

Midget

Resident Jarhead
Mar 14, 2011
Old Dominion
Probably- I got mine off ebay for pretty cheap- 65 or so, if I remember correctly. I just like the design better- it's got the things I like about the Sentinel without screaming "Purple helmeted robot in da house"

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Visually, the detail on the ML version is far superior. But the MU version is 4" taller and probably more play-friendly. I think I paid about $50 for a loose ML one a couple of years ago, but they may have become more rare since then. Still, I'll have a place for both in my X-Men lore, as there are so many different versions, generations, iterations of sentinels, having different sizes doesn't even seem odd.

Midget

Resident Jarhead
Mar 14, 2011
Old Dominion
That's a good enough excuse for me to pick up another- I actually want to try and find the Loki/Frost Giant one- I think I'd get a little more usage out of that one.

Goldbug

BND
Mar 15, 2011
Smallville, IL
goldbug.yolasite.com

Next wave is in Hong Kong

Charade

Enlisted
Apr 12, 2011
There's some great figures in that wave....I might have to invest in a case at BBTS...

Are those "in hand", Goldbug? How does the X-23 figure look?