Mega Bloks Militia

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
I like Despotron's body (it looks just like Revoltech Megs that I adore, Pat Lee hate be damned). But his face is.... not as good as the other choices. I'm getting him, I just hope they tweak him a bit more.

However, I don't share the Apollyon hate. If we never got another MP Megatron, I'd be just fine with him. I'm not saying he's perfect, but all the stuff that people get worked up about doesn't really bother me. But he's certainly up there in the 3P Divisive Hall of Fame with Kronos and Spinout. Oddly I really like all three. Either other collectors have crazy standards that I don't share, I have great luck in getting "good" copies of figures, or I'm happy that they look good on my shelf and don't sweat the small stuff. Truth be told, it's probably all three :)

Regardless, how good does tiny Cobra Commander look on Megatron's shoulder? And Triumphant Clutch?! These little guys are so expressive for their size. Lego minifigs can go pound sand.

Slaymaker

Mostly Ignored
Officer Club
May 13, 2011
Iowa
Nacho = those pics are awesome! Fantastic stuff, man! I want Mega Blok Joes now!

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
However, I don't share the Apollyon hate.

For me it's his giant thigh gap and only his giant thigh gap that i absolutely hate. Everything else is fine.

Regardless, how good does tiny Cobra Commander look on Megatron's shoulder? And Triumphant Clutch?! These little guys are so expressive for their size. Lego minifigs can go pound sand.

Yeah, that Clutch pose is great. It's the thing I noticed most in the pics...ya know, aside from Equestrian Megatron. :trollface:

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
Weird that no 3rd party has stepped up to do JOEs (or any other property) like what has happened with TFs.

Asian countries must not give a rats patoot about a fictional American military cartoon/toy line.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Yeah, while TF and Joe are on similar footing here with us middle-age folk, worldwide I think Joe is an order of magnitude away from TF on the popularity scale. All the 3Ps are in China, and if they did it, the figures would all be identical. Imagine their reaction to making soldiers in camo, hawaiian shirts, and day-glow green. No, all their soldiers must wear diarrhea brown with red trim, nothing else, so says the government.

I wonder if the chinese people get tired of authoritarian rule, or if it's gone on long enough that they don't even know different?

pcsguy88

Deuce Deuce
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
I saw some ants out front of the office, let me go ask.

Robots have got to be 1000x's more popular in Asia than American stereotypes with guns in the "military".

pcsguy88

Deuce Deuce
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
Huh, the flag is actual cloth.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
The last 16 fig box was only $25, and I don't recall them being on sale. I bought a couple of them for my Joe project. Either way, it's a solid set, and anyone one the fence about these MB figures should pick them up. It's a top-notch starter kit. If I weren't neck-deep in these things already, it might push me over the edge.

pcsguy88

Deuce Deuce
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
Yeah, it's Mega Bloks for those that want nothing to do with all of that Lego-y building crap.

I can't believe I past the old one up if it was $25 on the shelf.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
This is how I spent way too much of my LD weekend...

Attachments

• DSC04714_resize.JPG
    DSC04714_resize.JPG
    174.1 KB · Views: 27
  • DSC04715_resize.JPG
    DSC04715_resize.JPG
    154 KB · Views: 28
  • DSC04717_resize.JPG
    DSC04717_resize.JPG
    225.2 KB · Views: 29
  • DSC04719_resize.JPG
    DSC04719_resize.JPG
    225.7 KB · Views: 27
  • DSC04724_resize.JPG
    DSC04724_resize.JPG
    218.7 KB · Views: 26
  • DSC04725_resize.JPG
    DSC04725_resize.JPG
    200.2 KB · Views: 26
  • DSC04732_resize.JPG
    DSC04732_resize.JPG
    205 KB · Views: 28
  • DSC04716_resize.JPG
    DSC04716_resize.JPG
    219 KB · Views: 26
  • DSC04718_resize.JPG
    DSC04718_resize.JPG
    236.9 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:

Slaymaker

Mostly Ignored
Officer Club
May 13, 2011
Iowa
If those sets were available...I would so be done with 1 18 scale and be all in on bricks. Amazing

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I want to say I've seen Nuketown on clearance, though I may be thinking of the other building from the line.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Thanks, I'm very happy with how they turned out, especially the VAMP. Clutch just didn't look right driving random CoD vehicles.

The Stinger was infinitely harder with the roof/doors. They're impossible to do at this scale with random parts, unlike the CoD Hummer specialty doors. Plus, I didn't have a second set of fender trim handy. But I've got more trim in storage, and that should help.

As with everything else, I have more ideas than time. Scratch building this stuff is ridiculously more difficult than building a kit with instructions. I spent three days building, tearing down, hunting parts, rebuilding, etc ad nauseam. I have new respect for MB designers. I am definitely not a master builder.... but I still think the VAMP turned out better than a double-decker couch ;)

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
I want to say I've seen Nuketown on clearance, though I may be thinking of the other building from the line.

Both original nuketowns have seen clearance, but there is a new release of a "zombified" nuketown, where the house is dilapidated, broken windows, etc. I'm not sure it's out yet. And there are a handful of the smaller sets that aren't out yet either. Keep thinking they'll show up any time.

pcsguy88

Deuce Deuce
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
As with everything else, I have more ideas than time. Scratch building this stuff is ridiculously more difficult than building a kit with instructions. I spent three days building, tearing down, hunting parts, rebuilding, etc ad nauseam. I have new respect for MB designers. I am definitely not a master builder.... but I still think the VAMP turned out better than a double-decker couch ;)

No shit. My AT-ST took me close to a week full of evenings to build. Of course now Lego is releasing one for Rogue, so I might buy it just to have an official. Gotta admit though, free building is one hell of a mind clearer.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
For a tommy cooker, this thing is pretty fantastic. Come on Mega, where's my Panzer III or Panther?

Now I must watch Fury for the umpteenth time.

If MegaBloks punks out, Cobi has your back.

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
My son has that MB WWII tank, and for some reason one of the treads just broke. I don't know if it was some sort of reaction between the rubber of the tread and the plastic of the wheels. I bought some sort of rubber glue at Wal-Mart and managed to re-connect it.

K, is there some source other than Amazon for Cobi stuff? My oldest son will flip out when he hears there are World of Tanks building sets....but Amazon's prices are nuts.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
My son has that MB WWII tank, and for some reason one of the treads just broke. I don't know if it was some sort of reaction between the rubber of the tread and the plastic of the wheels. I bought some sort of rubber glue at Wal-Mart and managed to re-connect it.

K, is there some source other than Amazon for Cobi stuff? My oldest son will flip out when he hears there are World of Tanks building sets....but Amazon's prices are nuts.

Other than eBay, I couldn't say. Not sure how much of it actually gets imported.

You could go to Aliexpress and search for "LEGO tank" and see what pops up.

pcsguy88

Deuce Deuce
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
Other than eBay, I couldn't say. Not sure how much of it actually gets imported.

You could go to Aliexpress and search for "LEGO tank" and see what pops up.

Irked the III only comes in desert tan, but the $30 price ain`t bad at all. Even looks like they`ll seat MB figures.