Movie Discussions

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
They knew what they were doing. If they'd dropped it in theaters it'd've (I can't believe that "it'd've" is an actual contraction! Double apostrophe?!) tanked with terrible word of mouth. They saved massively not having to market for theaters while also getting the most bang their buck with the sports game marketing they did buy.

NSA

♪♪Too Many Cooks♪♪
Cook
Mar 13, 2011
NP, CA
www.fighting118th.com
I mean.. Phoenix is a weird dude. Might be perfect for the Joker. I honestly wouldn't have thought some of the other actors would have been good and they turned out well.. so who knows. DC can't be much worse than it has been lately.

Is the Venom movie connected to anything else? Spidey is now in the MCU.. so is Venom just off on his own now?

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
They've went back and fourth on the Venom MCU connection, so who knows. Sony says yes, Feige says no. Sony says no, then Sony says "kind of". Then Sony says no. I feel like if you were in the room, there'd be a lot of winking going on.

As for DC...It's not Phoenix that's my issue, it's that they have no freaking clue what they are doing. They are just throwing sh!t at the wall and seeing what sticks. They plan something, then cancel it. Come up with something else. Directors/writers/actors bail. Plan something else. More people involved bail. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat.

Their 'universe' is all kinds of "we have no idea what's going on!!!" :panic:

NSA

♪♪Too Many Cooks♪♪
Cook
Mar 13, 2011
NP, CA
www.fighting118th.com
Oh, yeah. It does seem rather disjointed for sure. Not much 'connecting' it all together.

At this point, if they're not going to do uber-connected like Marvel, they should all be one-off movies, or self contained series.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Just finished this. Osiris Child. Pretty good movie, especially considering that it wasn't a big studio film. I like this particular trailer as it doesn't show the aliens who were entirely practical. I wasn't impressed with the music/score...rather generic.