My First Custom Figure

YT1

NO LONGER A MEMBER
Mar 15, 2011
German Fallschirmjäger, sorry for the crappy iPhone pics. I need to finish a couple details and take some better pics. Any suggestions for a chinstrap?

Last edited:

YT1

NO LONGER A MEMBER
Mar 15, 2011
Thanks. Man do those pics make me feel like I had a couple drinks, oh wait is it the pics?

RED

MY M-1 DOES MY TALKIN'
Founder
Mar 15, 2011
South of Atlanta---North of Macon
YT1 !!! I think they look pretty good brother!!! The only thing Id do is paint the rest of the FJ jumpjacket that goes between the upper legs and maybe hit both figures with some dulcoat to take away the shine!!!;)
You might beable to find something at Hobby Lobby in the area were they have the stuff to make necklaces and such!!! The might have something that could be used for the chinstraps---I have found stuff there to make slings for rifles before!!!---RED---

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I'd just fashion a strap out of painter's tape and glue it into the helmet. That's what i did.

SR_501

Walfisch.
Mar 14, 2011
They look great! Two questions, What boots did you use on the one on the right and The right one's Helmet is that a custom one or legit one?

YT1

NO LONGER A MEMBER
Mar 15, 2011
Thanks for the tips guys. The one on the right is the one I made, the other one is the 21st version I used as reference. He is a DAK soldier with BBI modern airborne boots and a ground down 21st winter German helmet. And he has the lowers smock of one of the guys that comes with the turtle hummer.

YT1

NO LONGER A MEMBER
Mar 15, 2011
Finished my figures and took some more pictures, I know they aren't very accurate, but I am happy with them.

[/URL]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

YT1

NO LONGER A MEMBER
Mar 15, 2011
This was the base figure along with some bit and pieces and head swaps:

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
so you made the DAK captain into an angry Fallshimjaeger officer? That's a sweet repaint! If 21st century action figures were still abundant and cheaper than they are now I'd try my hand at painting figures. What paints and brushes did you use?

YT1

NO LONGER A MEMBER
Mar 15, 2011
so you made the DAK captain into an angry Fallshimjaeger officer?. What paints and brushes did you use?

All three are from the DAK officer body with BBI modern airborne boots and 2 have ground down 21st winter German helmets. Those 2 also have the lower smock of one of the guys that comes with the turtle hummer. I used Tamiya paints and the same detail brush I have had for 10 years.