My M113

pcoughran

Enlisted
Jul 30, 2011
Again, this was on here somewhere several months ago but think it disappeared whent he site went crazy.
This is a Desert Storm version inspired by "The Hun's" beautiful Vietnam M113 custom he had on here a long while back. I took many cues from his interior work in particular.

Here's what it comes like (note ugly stowage):

Last edited:
Reactions: mutt71

pcoughran

Enlisted
Jul 30, 2011
Awesome work. The original toy looks pretty good, but you made it 100 times better.
Which manufacturer made this?

This was one of the early 21st Century Ultimate Soldier XD M113s it was the Diecast version (the entire hull/outer frame is metal, but the interior is plastic).
The stowage pieces are all plastic and look very tacky in person.
When pulling them off, it left about 15-20 holes in the metal hull that I had to fill/putty/sand/prime and repaint the entire thing. I'd never worked with metal before as a former plastic kit builder it was a new experience for me.
It actually did turn out very good.
A guy that goes by The Hun did a fantastic Vietnam era M113 that put mine to shame and was my inspiration. I think his custom build thread got deleted along with my others a while back when the website went down. Maybe he'll put it back up if someone PMs him if he is still on the site. I haven't been on here in a few months.