My Pavehawk

pcoughran

Enlisted
Jul 30, 2011
I had this custom in here a year or so ago but think it got deleted a while back along with my username when the site went crazy.
Here's another go at it.
I was one of the original buyers for Pickelhaube's kit over at SSHQ and still bugging him to do a DAP accessories kit (even sent him a 1/35 Academy Kit model to use).
Anyway a couple shots of the inspirational real deal:

Now my version (adding window inserts, .50cals with mounts in cabin, fuel probe, miniguns, FLIR and Radome, redone cabin, fire extinguishers, rescue litter, and canted tail rotor, and some weathering most noticeable on the tail):

I still want to do the jungle penetrator and add the new "crab-eye" sensors Pickel just made. I also want to add some hydraulic lines to the fuel probe and some more antennae eventually.

Reactions: raider33 and mutt71

YT1

NO LONGER A MEMBER
Mar 15, 2011
That is beautiful, I need to do mine, I wish their were more hours in the day.

pcsguy88

Deuce Deuce
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
That is a work or art. I went with the Blackhawk since I was too lazy to do the paint work on the pave. You used matched sample paint from Home Depot, right?

thelegoguy

Enlisted
Mar 16, 2011
^ agree with PCS....this is a work of art. Great job man. Someday when I get back to work, I will have the extra cash to finish mine....someday.

pcoughran

Enlisted
Jul 30, 2011
I did use the Home Depot paint match and dabbed with a make-up pad instead of airbrushing.
I still want to do some more weathering especially on the front end but waiting to do some more detailing (hydraulic lines, crab-eye sensors, antennae, etc..).

pcoughran

Enlisted
Jul 30, 2011
I want those new sensors when they become available.

Pcoughran, I know you did a writeup on the tail rotor, do you have a link?

pcsguy88,
It's funny you asked this and I went over to SSHQ to search for my answer to this as I remember it being asked before - lo and behold it was you who asked it last time:
Here's the link and my answer is the last post in this thread - good luck and post some pics when you're done:
http://www.warbird-photos.com/gpxd/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=20462&hilit=canted+tail+rotor

danielgogeta

Enlisted
Mar 26, 2011
Cool looking pave bro! Like the little accessories and equipment change. I dont have this version yet to play around it. Great take on that custom!

Reactions: mutt71

pcoughran

Enlisted
Jul 30, 2011
looks great!...i'd love to see better pics of the interior mods you made

It's hanging up and didn't want to pull it down so these aren't the best interior shots balancing on a chair with a camera.
I put extinguishers on each side behind pilot and co-pilot:

Made a custom litter shown here with a couple extra Rappel/Fast Ropes curled up on top:

installed overhead Rappel/Fast Rope harness system (blurry picture):

Here a couple more showing how the 1/18 figures make a tight fit behind the miniguns and other shots:

Still want to make a jungle penetrator system and the large Auxiliary fuel tank to go on the rear bulkhead of the cabin like these:

Reactions: mutt71

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
very cool!...thanks for the extra effort to get the interior pics...thats a lot of cool stuff you did there that you shouldnt a left out in the first place :)

be very interested to see you do the other mods you have in mind...

mutt71

Enlisted
Oct 14, 2017
You did a GREAT job on this. I really like it a lot. I have a question for you though, what did you use for the rescue basket?
Thanks in advance.

pcoughran

Enlisted
Jul 30, 2011
I actually used a litter from one of.my son's fire trucks (Tonka I think?) = just had to paint it.

mutt71

Enlisted
Oct 14, 2017
Thank you for the info. I really like you Pavehawk more and more each time that I view it.