R Lee Ermy died today:

Aug 22, 2011
I met him once at a Orchard supply convention here in town, my buddy was at a booth next to him, he told him he had a friend “Me” that was a Marine, R Lee actually called me on my cell phone and told me to get my Ass over there Ricky Tic, Dude was the coolest guy I’ve ever met, signed my Ermy action figure and squared away my 4 year old sons cover LOL ! Sad day for the Marine Corps and all who loved him, God speed Gunny, and Standby St. Peter, The Gunny is reporting for duty !!!

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
On the river...
www.teletraanone.com
I loved his interviews on the Adam Carolla podcast. He talked all about meeting his wife, his movie career, and owning a brothel (no joke!). That man has seen some shit, and his perspective on life is like no other, and he's not apologetic about it. He will be missed.

I'll never forget seeing him in Full Metal Jacket. It was the first R-rated film I ever saw in a theater, and my dad took me to see it on vacation. My great-grandfather died later that night and we had to go home from the beach early, so that little pocket of 1987 is kinda burned into my brain.

Gunney was one of a kind.

Last edited:

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
My old man got to meet him last year. Think he even got one of Ermy's Glock challenge coins.