Rex's Sunbow Falcon

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
This is an oldie I dug back up because I finally broke down and got the amazing SDS (Slayer Design Studios) Lt. Falcon kit. The kit consists of a new head and larger neckerchief. Some of you may have seen the older version with the factory tard-face Hasbro head, but I finally got to the point that I couldn't look at it any longer. This isn't exactly a new custom, but one I finally got around to "fixing" right...

I never owned the ARAH figure of Falcon, but the Sunbow movie version was always the iconic Falcon for me, so that's what I aimed for with this figure. While he's far from paint-less, I did try my best to keep the base plastic brown so any paint wear would be minimal.

Formula:

Head, neckerchief: Slayer Design Studios
Lower legs, gun, backpack, webgear: Lt. Falcon
Lower arms: ROC Hawk
Upper legs: TF Duke
Torso, upper arms: TF Flint

Last edited:

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
muuuuuuuuuch better...making the base color brown was brilliant!...the cammo job turned out really really good...SDS to the rescue...gawd i love them...not sure if they're just big ARAH fans or if they know how to make money off us, but either way, i'm glad they do what they do...nice ascot :D

i never really noticed the difference in the cammo colors between the ARAH fig and the toon, so with mine, i just went ahead and made him closer to the ARAH fig...i just added short sleeves and new forearms/gloveless hands and added some more black cammo and a small shiethed knife to the webgear

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
muuuuuuuuuch better...making the base color brown was brilliant!...the cammo job turned out really really good...SDS to the rescue...gawd i love them...not sure if they're just big ARAH fans or if they know how to make money off us, but either way, i'm glad they do what they do...nice ascot :D

i never really noticed the difference in the cammo colors between the ARAH fig and the toon, so with mine, i just went ahead and made him closer to the ARAH fig...i just added short sleeves and new forearms/gloveless hands and added some more black cammo and a small shiethed knife to the webgear

Here's a pic from the cartoon movie »

The original 25th head didn't bother me that bad until recently... But I finally caved and got the SDS head. It's probably the worst head sculpt of the entire 25th line.

The cartoon is all I ever knew, really, but I actually did have the gray repaint with the digi-camo from the air fighters or whatever... But I always wanted the look from the movie. That would have been an easy repaint for Hasbro (and a repaint I'd want!), yet we continued to get the same senseless repaints.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
i actually like this scheme better, but i tend to make all my figures ARAH figure accurate...its easier to base them on that constant as opposed to the toon where slight color or even design subtleties weren't uncommon...stupid cheap labor :D

Cloud Strife

Mako Infused SOLDIER
Apr 16, 2011
Midgar
I've commented on this elsewhere, but gotta say that I love it man! Way better than Hasbro's sorry excuse for a head sculpt.

SR_501

Walfisch.
Mar 14, 2011
Damn rex, You have been bustin out some serious customs! Falcon looks great.