SDCC 2012 Construction BAT Review

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
Construction BAT:

Here's the figure that most people want to army build. That will be a costly army I'm assuming. It's a BAT like the 25 anniversary ones but it comes in neon colors an has an extra laser gun and the one that came with Cobra Flint. The metal parts are brushed to look used. The arm attachments are the same as the original except purple. I don't know if it was just the BAT I got but the back pack had too long of a peg on it so there was a small gap. Nothing that can't be fixed. The figure is cool if you like BAT's. It would make for some nice scenes with stuff being built. Your androids need to be in safety colors!

This BAT was a little loose in the joints. Not sure if that's the way they are but it didn't stop him from standing. It does have ankle articulation just like the originals also.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Funny, ARAH FAGS rail against the evil Neon Nineties, but they're diddling their manginas over this thing.

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
I love the BAT figures but the colors just don't do it for me here.

Thanks for the Review!

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
Funny, ARAH FAGS rail against the evil Neon Nineties, but they're diddling their manginas over this thing.

Personally, that has more to do with my love for the Constructicons than neon colored Joe toys...

And like MB said, a small group used specifically for construction purposes is pretty cool, so high vis is a GOOD idea

Now I need a full team of green Bruder construction equipment :D

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Personally, that has more to do with my love for the Constructicons than neon colored Joe toys...

And like MB said, a small group used specifically for construction purposes is pretty cool, so high vis is a GOOD idea

Now I need a full team of green Bruder construction equipment :D

How so? They're disposable labor/cannon fodder. Hi-vis clothing is because you want to be able to see the person wearing it, and thus avoid killing him with heavy machinery. I think the fact that Cobra put clothes on them at all says something about the decision making of the organization.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Lol...hey, just cause they're cannon fodder doesn't make them any less expensive...maybe CCs real name is Mort :D

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
You focker! Saves me a review, though, what with my timeliness and all. ;)

I actually love the B.A.T. and Constructicons, but this figure's pretty hideous. I still like it though. :D

If I hadn't been in line at SDCC to get, what, like 3 of these things? And if one box hadn't gotten a smashed corner? I probably wouldn't have opened it. But I did. The absolute best part of the set is the tiny Soundwave. The B.A.T. is probably #2. The rest, is pretty meh.

But since I have the giant "Hercules" Devastator that Eddie has, I couldn't turn down opening it, if only for the B.A.T. and Soundwave.

Good review, and good pics. My only complaint is the purple attachments for the figure. It just looks weird and doesn't make any sense, other than getting a little more purple onto the figure.

Dr Syn

humerus
Mar 27, 2011
I think the Gaudy colours of the Constructicons work for the B.A.T figure.

I also love B.A.T.s in any shape or form, was the 1st figure I got in the 80s. Plus due to the sillier nature of these crossovers, I'd enjoy it for what it is.

That said, I can live without owning convention exclusives. I'll just admire them via the magic of the internet.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
My only complaint is the purple attachments for the figure. It just looks weird and doesn't make any sense, other than getting a little more purple onto the figure.

Yeah, looks pretty dumb...woulda been fine if the rest of the arm was purple, but I think that may have been too much...

Either way, I'll be using the extra attachments I have from my regular BAT army