SDS General Cam Kit

Meddatron

I am what I am
Apr 19, 2011
York, Pa
s1193.photobucket.com
I got a SDS Cam Kit of the General. I like how he turned out. Slayer did a good job casting him and the sculpter did an excellent job as well. Kits are easy to put together. A little sanding is required. Looks like I have a few spots to touch up paint.

Meddatron

I am what I am
Apr 19, 2011
York, Pa
s1193.photobucket.com
Thats all hand painted?! Sheesh.

Nice job!!

Yes sir. Thankyou. He was completely flesh tone when I started. Took a while but worth it. All colors hand mixed too from primary colors and black. I was not sure what color uniform to put him in so I chose the basic green. When i googled General Dress uniform I got all kinds of colors. I never realized their were so many.

Meddatron

I am what I am
Apr 19, 2011
York, Pa
s1193.photobucket.com
Thanks all!! I appreciate it.

Nice!
Are you going to do the other branches?
How did you do the pegs? That is the only thing holding me back from getting some.

It comes with everything needed except the T Bar, The shoulder and elbows are just like joes but instead of a fixed pin they use lock joints, the joint circle peg end goes into shoulder/upper arm and the upper arm/ lower arm slides in and locks to the circle. When assembling make sure you check to make sure you are putting the left in lefts and so on. Really is a brilliant design. Not sturdy for playing but plenty sturdy for posing.

Cloud Strife

Mako Infused SOLDIER
Apr 16, 2011
Midgar
Excellent job on this one, Meds! You did some killer work with painting all of the smaller details on the uniform. Well done.

Midget

Resident Jarhead
Mar 14, 2011
Old Dominion
Yeah, SDS is pretty reliable. They only take forever during the sales, when they have a ton of orders. Which is understandable since they're like a 3-4 guy part time operation.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
No, you just aimed it at the wrong chin.

lol...i was afraid it would seem that way...i actually meant it towards BA, but hoped everyone would get it w/o me having to say it and be super d!cky...SDS is great IMO...they always have what i want and even at their longest time was faster than BA...who i have also used in the past and make nice stuff...kinda $$$ though and super slow...

i was just thinking how awesome this General CAM kit is, how cheap comparably it is AND that it doesnt take a year+ to get...

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I thought that may have been where you were actually going.