Slayer's Club ARAH

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
I realize that most folk have moved on exclusively to 25th style figures, but for the few of you that still enjoys the o-rings, Slayer is embarking on a new endeavor that you might find interesting. It appears that by member vote, the first figure will be Pythona, and based on the voting, I'll wager that Dr Venom and Billy will be along soon as well. All in o-ring glory to go with your ARAH collection. I collect all the new stuff for my son to have when he's a little older, but my heart still belongs to '82-'87. Anyway, just wanted to pass this along to anyone else that might care.

http://arah-old-school.forumsmotion.com/t324-just-so-you-know

"Wanted to take a lil time and post a lil more info about OSC.

Osc is a special division of SLAYERDESIGNSTUDIO . Slayer makes tons of parts and stuff for the Modern 25th/Roc/Poc/Starwars/SuperHeros....but some of us are die hard Arah collectors and customizers.

Myself , Krexx the lead sculptor on Project Arah, have longed to do more Arah based projects. But seeing as how most of the community has gone forward and Arah has lost the spot light, we wanted to do something to change that.

OSC is not only a business, but a community. We wanted a place that Arah could be talked about and shared, not forgotten.

OSC is about pulling resources as a collective to make figures that never saw the light of day. To make new figures we may have all liked to see in Arah format.

With a added admin staff, and a driven force, we are ready to jump start Project Arah, and thats where your support is needed. With out your support this project will be very limited. It takes a lot of resources to make these figures and get them made.

Myself, Krexx, Jaimanstone ,Cyko, Remster 9, Darkwynter, have all decided to spearhead a project to keep our beloved Arah from being forgotten, or simple collected .

Its about having new product to play with. Customize. and to relive a time in our life where things were much more simple.

Come take part in The customizing monthly challenge, the voting of the club figures, the support in purchasing 1 of a kind sculpts that will be limited in production, and the growth in showing the O-ring will never die.

To the 1000's of figure bins full of parts.....New parts coming from the club....lets get reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaady to Customize project Arah."

And here's how it works:

"The OSC club is excited to announce the bonus figures for our inaugural year!

Iron Grenadiers Sniper, Code Name: Lockdown
http://arah-old-school.forumsmotion.com/t131-iron-grenadier-sniper-lockdown

Cobra Sniper, Code Name: The Enemy
http://arah-old-school.forumsmotion.com/t133-the-enemy-cobra-sniper

These figures were designed to share components (legs, waist and upper arms) to cut costs so that the club could offer both figures.

Members who sign up for the "Project ARAH" four figure subscription will get their choice of either sniper free as a bonus! They will also have the option to purchase the other figure for $12.99.

Subscriptions are now open!

You may join the club and/or subscribe to the OSC quarterly figure by sending the proper amount by PayPal or Money Order to: slayertoys08@gmail.com.

MEMBERSHIP OPTIONS
1 year club membership: $12.00
1 year membership plus four figure subscription: $112.00 (Your choice of bonus figure free!)
1 year membership plus first of four exclusive figures: $37.00

If you have any questions, please post or PM an OSC admin!"

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I'm glad it's there for people still into that style.

Oh, and forums i have to sign up for to see threads blow.

YT1

NO LONGER A MEMBER
Mar 15, 2011
I still love ARAH, probably more than all these new fangled figures that you can only find on Ebay and online...

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
I love both, but given Hasbro's stated desire to make no more o-rings, it's nice that these folks with tremendous sculpting skill are committed to offering not only new o-ring figures, but characters that fans want and somehow never got from Hasbro in the 25 years they did make o-ring figures. I don't know what figures will get made beyond Pythona, but I'm on board. I like the cobra sniper bonus figure too. I'm excited about what neat figures we'll get when it's well underway.

that's pretty cool but I just can't go back to o-rings

It's not really a matter of "going back" to o-rings, it's merely supplementing one's collection with 4-5 new o-ring figures on top of whatever modern stuff Hasbro produces. I'm not stopping collecting the new stuff, nor do I think anyone needs to choose one or the other. It's just a nice addition to one little corner of the bigger picture.

Last edited:

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
It's not really a matter of "going back" to o-rings, it's merely supplementing one's collection with 4-5 new o-ring figures on top of whatever modern stuff Hasbro produces. I'm not stopping collecting the new stuff, nor do I think anyone needs to choose one or the other. It's just a nice addition to one little corner of the bigger picture.

I understand that. I'm just a weird collector, I just collect one or the other, mainly for space. I'mnot judgeing or telling anybody to collect or not collect them, I'm just not going to unless I see the figure and it blows my mind.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Quite understandable, and I suspect that your opinion is shared by a majority of current Joe collectors. These are clearly aimed at a small group of people still jonesing for a few remaining o-rings to scratch that itch.

But looking at the sculpting work done by the guy behind this project, they are going to produce a handful of amazing old-school figures.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
pretty cool ninche for them them to fill...if i was still collecting them i'd be extatic to be getting figures i've been disiring for so many years...i just wouldnt be looking forward to painting a whole figure...

SlayerDave

Enlisted
Jun 27, 2011
Guys not only are we bringing back the arah project, we are bringing back a O-RING modern project, this you will have to see at the SlayerCon.

Dont get me wrong I am a fan of all figures, but I like ARAH the best, I really tried to like the modern stuff, but those things were wack, however you fix the flaws, and add new arms and legs, man you get a truely awesome figure.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
the nostolgia from the o-ring figures can't be beat...nothing takes me back more...i've said it before, but a whole collection of the ARAH and 25th figures would be so cool...like a "then and now" display