Some interesting Transformers IV news.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Shittier?

Obviously Transformers are aimed at kids. Maybe they'll look less like indistinguishable balls of metal when they brawl.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Yeah, if they alter the design to be a little less bayformer, that would be awesome. And new characters wouldn't hurt. I would still like to see Prime in the film, but if I see one more yellow camaro bumblebee toy I think I'm going to hurl. That character/design needs to go away for a long long time.

The bot modes for all of them look like a jumble of paperclips and metal shards attached to a magnetic ball. Not a single one of them has any real distinguishing qualities. Just random shapes, scrawney limbs, and bug faces. Some of the worst designed characters and toys in recent memory.

fogger1138

SCIENCE!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Mt Airy, MD
I know I may be in the minority, but I actually think the designs in the Bay movies work pretty well. Better than a straightforward adaptation from the cartoon designs would have, anyway.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Up until they start fighting, then they're just tangles of scrap metal.

I knew what Optimus was doing with that ax, but I couldn't actually see it.

fogger1138

SCIENCE!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Mt Airy, MD
Up until they start fighting, then they're just tangles of scrap metal.

Agreed. I see that more as a cinematography thing, though - if they weren't all jumping and dodging like ninjas it might've been easier.

Although I guess that's why all of the movies kept going into

slow

motion

all

the

time.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
I know I may be in the minority, but I actually think the designs in the Bay movies work pretty well. Better than a straightforward adaptation from the cartoon designs would have, anyway.

While I don't like the designs, I do recognize that a straight G1 cartoon representation would be too simplistic. I might have been able to overlook the overly complicated parts of the designs.... but stuff like starscream's chicken legs and the bots that are so messy/disporportionate that you don't even know where the head is... they suck. If there is one word in the TF lexicon that is universally despised, it's "kibble". And the movie fig designs are kibbletastic.

But above all else, the bug faces are an abomination. They are unacceptable no matter what you do with the rest of the bot.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
Yeah, if they alter the design to be a little less bayformer, that would be awesome. And new characters wouldn't hurt. I would still like to see Prime in the film, but if I see one more yellow camaro bumblebee toy I think I'm going to hurl. That character/design needs to go away for a long long time.

The bot modes for all of them look like a jumble of paperclips and metal shards attached to a magnetic ball. Not a single one of them has any real distinguishing qualities. Just random shapes, scrawney limbs, and bug faces. Some of the worst designed characters and toys in recent memory.

While I don't like the designs, I do recognize that a straight G1 cartoon representation would be too simplistic. I might have been able to overlook the overly complicated parts of the designs.... but stuff like starscream's chicken legs and the bots that are so messy/disporportionate that you don't even know where the head is... they suck. If there is one word in the TF lexicon that is universally despised, it's "kibble". And the movie fig designs are kibbletastic.

But above all else, the bug faces are an abomination. They are unacceptable no matter what you do with the rest of the bot.

This guy knows what's up...

While a straightforward adaptation would be a bit much, I think what was done was too far the other way...something in the middle would likely be best...

Changing the characters faces into what they did...why?...WHY?!...disasters!...those could've at least been left basically intact...

Anyway, yeah, new characters are definitely welcome...