Spartan Warrior

klausbrazil

klausbrazil
Jun 22, 2011
São Paulo
Recently I purchased more than 60 DC Infinite Heroes figures in a promotion. One type of figure was Dr. Fate, which I turned into a Spartan Warrior. The custom has errors, e.g. I should have cut off the gloves but I took it as a first attempt.

Here are the pictures:

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
The aspis is a tad on the large size, and it looks like it suffers from Frank Miller Syndrome.

Contrary to what the graphic novel and movie would have you believe Spartans didn't run around half-naked.

klausbrazil

klausbrazil
Jun 22, 2011
São Paulo
The aspis is a tad on the large size, and it looks like it suffers from Frank Miller Syndrome.

Contrary to what the graphic novel and movie would have you believe Spartans didn't run around half-naked.

Actually I know that the Spartans did not go to war half-naked. The movie "300" was never ment to depict an accurate picture of these warriors but it was ment to be simply a great cinematic show. The movie "The 300 Spartans" from 1962 probably shows them a little bit more realstic. However, my reason for making that figure was this: The figure Dr. Fate simply does not allow to turn it into a fully dressed Spartan but only into a Spartan more in the way shown in the movie 300.