Star Wars - Episode VIII - The Last Jedi - SPOILERS

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
I was curious so I went and read some comments. 40-50 or so. They all seemed to feel the same way we do. "Wish this was cannon". I didn't get to the negative comments...yet.

One of the comments reminded me of a simple part that I thought was funny...when no one knew who Rose was. "Finn and who?" :laugh:

NSA

♪♪Too Many Cooks♪♪
Cook
Mar 13, 2011
NP, CA
www.fighting118th.com
Yeah I visit some other, less wholesome, places, and it's nothing but cantankerous complaining about the video, with some sporadic "I liked it" and then shouting down.

But yeah, no one in the Resistance would know who the hell Rose technician is.

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
"I know, let's abruptly introduce an absolute nobody that's really not that attractive, make her do stupid, useless stuff and expect everybody to consider her important and memorable..."

SJW Hollywood... :rolleyes:

NSA

♪♪Too Many Cooks♪♪
Cook
Mar 13, 2011
NP, CA
www.fighting118th.com
I mean, I can see the ideas behind it are not 100% terrible, and whatever she doesn't have to be a white supermodel to be an effective character. I think I liked the sister angle, but they made it such a minimal thing that I thought she was her lesbian wife actually. Guess that shows you how much CA has influenced my thinking :D

The whole love speech was just bad, regardless of who was giving it. The whole freeing the animals and kids while your friends are literally sprinting away from death was a dumb side quest that really seemed to be put there just to make a statement. I CAN see how you could have done those things to highlight the Resistances morals and standings.. but the way it was presented in the movie just fell flat for me.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
Yeah, feel free to make a statement, but not when you're on some kind of serious life or death time constraint.

I see it often in all kinds of movies though, and it's incredibly annoying. The characters are racing against the clock for whatever reason but take the time to monologue about something MUCH less important. They're trying to build tension, but it just makes the characters look like idiots. Similarly, when they make characters not see something that is directly in their line of sight or in their peripheral vision, but because it's out of sight of the viewer we're supposed to believe that the characters can't see whatever it is that they can see when they finally reveal it to the viewer. :whatever: