Takara Transformers

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
I think Firefly is good enough to own as a stand-alone figure. If 3 of the 5 are this good, then I will consider all of them.
I have Fireflight in my PoL, but if he's as good as Air Raid (and I assume he is, as they look pretty similar), I can't imagine not being happy with him. I agree that even if the others are duds, for the price, I don't mind having them as stand-alone figures.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
pcsguy88

If you end up getting the knocked up Gravity Builder, do you want to trade me your green treads off of Bulldozer for my purple treads off of my Excavator? :D

pcsguy88

Deuce Deuce
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
They are redoing the Datsun mold or is it just a crap repaint like Sideswipe?

It’s the toon molds that are winning me over. The prices are insane, but this Sunstreaker is easily the best transforming toy I have ever held. Before with the car bots I was able to overlook the clunky and limited bot modes in order to get that nice car mode, but Ironhide, Megatron and now Sunstreaker have proven that sacrifice to be nonsense. It’s pure magic how they can get these tall, sleek bots with better articulation than most action figures.

Did you see they are rebooting the live action universe? Is it our time?

Edit: Just saw Prowl. 🤮. The toon look does not look good on a toy centric mold. What has won me over is the toon centric bot molds.

Last edited:

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Yeah, saw that they are doing reboot. There's no way they go G1. It'll be some other ridiculous "creative" reimagining. And that sucks because we've seen how cool a CGI/live action TF could look.

pcsguy88

Deuce Deuce
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
I’ve pinpointed my fall to the toon side to the day I chose my Gundog. Then came Ironhide and the rest. Now I just settled a deal for toon 25th Joes... Help!!! I’m falling!

Attachments

• 6BB58291-D678-45B5-BAB6-DA800842C6BF.jpeg
    6BB58291-D678-45B5-BAB6-DA800842C6BF.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 7

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I do love Gundog. Certainly not G1/toony enough for a lot of fellas, but I just think that he looks beefy and cool.

How neat would a 1:28th'ish JOE line be?! 😍

pcsguy88

Deuce Deuce
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
I do love Gundog. Certainly not G1/toony enough for a lot of fellas, but I just think that he looks beefy and cool.

How neat would a 1:28th'ish JOE line be?! 😍

That’s where Nacho is king with his Mega Joes. That’s the one mainstream toy out there that could get me to buy wholesale again, but for just pure size shifting nostalgia fun, I think the 25th ones work with the latest MPs for display.

And for a little bitch... why the hell is Sunstreaker’s head so stupid looking? Always. In the cartoon, in the original toy and now with every MP candidate.

Last edited:

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Here's some extra extra toony crap for ya pcs. :troll:

pcsguy88

Deuce Deuce
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
Today I found the small metal Voltron pack on sale for $40 at Target and then received KO Grapple from Amazon. Voltron has all the shortcomings as the giant one, but Grapple is an awesome mold. It’s incredible that they managed to fold that crane up into his chest giving him a kibble free back. Unfortunately since he is not painted, the tabs in his upper body do not hold up to play, but good enough to hold any pose. Well worth the $60 Prime price. One thing that shocked me is how orange he is. Every single video or pic online makes him look Sunstreaker yellow including mine.

84C6B09C-0479-4B49-9A79-F3910A734C00.jpeg

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I saw the big 80's Voltron at Target on an endcap and was quite tempted. If my wife wasn't with me, I probably would've caved. I think it has something like 60-70 sound bytes?!

pcsguy88

Deuce Deuce
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
I got a nice little job well done monetary award at work and promptly ordered Sphinx ver2 to blend between my toon and toy accurate MPs. My perk allows for it, but I can't decide on a Jazz or Trailbreaker to complete my set. Jazz is a must and Trailbreaker is just a known character and helps add variety to the Bots.

Coolsville/Jazzy looks phenomenal in alt mode, but his bot is extremely weighted on the toy aesthetics will Downbeat slants more toward the toon look, but then they put the toy stripes on his ass end which makes him look like a mess. Have you two bought in yet on Jazz?

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I'm still holding out for a better Jazz. Downbeat is just way too smooth and cheap looking and Coolsville is too clunky looking or something in bot mode. I don't know. But yeah, his alt mode is spectacular.

Trailbreaker. I love the Ocular Max mold so much that I have 3 different versions. Black, yellow, white.

pcsguy88

Deuce Deuce
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
Coolsville looks like an Alternator botmode to me. Guess I need to look at the Downbeat with reprolabels.

I researched Trailbreaker today and each of the 3 that are out has major flaws to me. FT doesn’t look like they are in a hurry with Takara saying they were working on an official version. Good thing I’m not in any rush to fill that void.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Yeah, I've got the OM Trailbreaker too. He's not perfect, but I thought he looked the best of the offerings, and I was really impressed how the chest gimmick works to narrow the front of the truck so he has a waist and doesn't have Ironhide's potbelly. Given the number of TB choices out there, any one of them could probably be had pretty cheaply.

Downbeat doesn't look as slick in car-mode as coolsville, but in botmode he's damn near perfect once you sticker him up. The way they narrow his chest gives him more toon-like proportions and keeps him from having that alternator look. The face and accessories are spot on. I wish the bottom of the chest locked in a little better, but that's a minor nitpick. The chrome stickers for the lower legs and feet do wonders for covering up a lot of the silver plastic, removing the "cheapness" vibe too. Overall, downbeat was worth a purchase, IMO.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
That yellow rally truck version is impressive.

I think if it had been "dirty" like the white one, I would only have the yellow version. But I just couldn't pass up the "dirty" version when offered. I've considered getting rid of the clean yellow one.

...and I was really impressed how the chest gimmick works to narrow the front of the truck so he has a waist and doesn't have Ironhide's potbelly..

It's so cool! And seamless! It's near invisible.

pcsguy88

Deuce Deuce
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
Hopefully someone will release a better head for poor Streaker. His face is so overboard tooney that he doesn't match anyone really. Other than that, he's easily the best transforming toy I have ever played with. I'll gladly pay the money for a TF that can outperform any 4"-6" action figure in a pose fight and then transform into a model perfect sports car.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Hows the backpack? That and the head have really been holding back my enthusiasm for him. He's a little high-waisted, but not as bad as that BC figure. I can fix the head like I did on the omni, just need to pick up a junker CHUG for some donor ears. When the inevitable KO of this guy turns up, I'll be tempted to grab one to tinker with.