Tofujesse casts in-hand

Meddatron

I am what I am
Apr 19, 2011
York, Pa
s1193.photobucket.com
Got my first order of casts from Jesse. Outstanding. First off, I can't find any peg marks, flashing or seams. I can't figure out how he gets them to float inside the mold. Does not look like a single thing was added to hold it in the mold before it was poured. Plastic is a good mix, very easilly dremilled. You will need to slightly dremil the peg hole for snugness, and I mean slightly. I started to paint Alpine before I took the pics. As you can see the paint holds well to the plastic and lays smooth. I did nothing to these heads except slightly enlarge the peg holes. This is how they arrived, clean and grey. They grey color allows no primer to be needed, it is soft enough to not affect the color being laid on it. I give jesse all the stars in every category. Outstanding work!! Highly recommended!!! So here are the pics.

Last edited:

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
That Falcon head is so gonna be in my first order. Not gonna use it as Falcon, but it's too great of a sculpt not to use.

Cloud Strife

Mako Infused SOLDIER
Apr 16, 2011
Midgar
Thanks, for sharing, Medd!

That Falcon head is so gonna be in my first order. Not gonna use it as Falcon, but it's too great of a sculpt not to use.

It's definitely one of the best head sculpts in the Joe line, period. 2dtoys did an amazing job on it.

I hear ya, I checked the Marauder beret and it fits decent enough. Would fit perfect with a little sanding (beret) I may use this as my flint like Cloud did.

I just don't see Falcon when looking at that sculpt. Never have. It "screamed" Flint the first time I saw it. I wonder if it was the sculpt that was going to be used for the POC Flint that was cancelled. I don't know that it is, but I think it's a possibility.

Tofujesse

Enlisted
Mar 15, 2012
CA
Thanks for the awesome review, me being me I have already modded a way better looking beret. I just haven't had a chance to mold it. I can post a pic for you.

Tofujesse

Enlisted
Mar 15, 2012
CA
Here you go I will post more pics on the thread. It's just Falcon's beret modded, I stretched it out in the molding process and then shaved down the side to give a better lay. Not done with it yet but just wanted to share. Still needs to be finished and molded. The darker beret is the original.

Attachments

• beret.jpg
    beret.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 12
  • beret1.jpg
    beret1.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 7
  • beret2.jpg
    beret2.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 8
  • beret3.jpg
    beret3.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 5
  • beret og.jpg
    beret og.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 8

Cloud Strife

Mako Infused SOLDIER
Apr 16, 2011
Midgar
Here you go I will post more pics on the thread. It's just Falcon's beret modded, I stretched it out in the molding process and then shaved down the side to give a better lay. Not done with it yet but just wanted to share. Still needs to be finished and molded. The darker beret is the original.

Heck, now I need one of those. I dremeled the inside of that beret for my Flint custom, and it still doesn't sit like I'd like for it too. Good idea modding it! Is it possible to show it sitting on the Falcon head it was originally made for? No rush as I know you're a busy man, but just thought I'd ask in case there were others that wanted to see it.