What's everybody up to?

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I've got sets I would like to complete that would require triple-digit expenditures on single cards. I don't think I can bring myself to it. There have always been pricy cards, but something has changed since I was an active player.
Hey, is Ewok online anywhere? I assume he has some kind of social media, but elsewhere, in case I want to shoot the shite about this kind of shit?

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
On the river...
www.teletraanone.com
My son found the X-Men cards in my junk and loves them. He's never read an X-Men comic, but he's seen all my toys and statues. The cards got him interested enough that he plowed through the 90's animated series and most of the films. So I guess my 17 year old self should be proud that it wasn't a wasted purchase, even if the payoff took 26 years...

pcsguy88

Number 2
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
I've got sets I would like to complete that would require triple-digit expenditures on single cards. I don't think I can bring myself to it. There have always been pricy cards, but something has changed since I was an active player.
Hey, is Ewok online anywhere? I assume he has some kind of social media, but elsewhere, in case I want to shoot the shite about this kind of shit?
Just on Facebook and then Garrison and I keep a running text with him. Both have abandoned the internet.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Funnily enough, I heard a cover of Zombie on the modern "rock" station today, and it really made me want to punch my radio.

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
Man, haven't heard that tune for a long time... Gotta say, while not a bad attempt, I have to prefer the original. Hard to match that Irish chick for vocals.

NSA

♪♪Too Many Cooks♪♪
Cook
Mar 13, 2011
NP, CA
www.fighting118th.com
Oh, and I'm back.. had the week off for paternity leave and didn't do much internet'ing. Just vidyagamez.

Was nice being away from work for a week.. but being home with the wife and kids for a whole week is a whole other kind of work.

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
Yeah, I learned to give my wife respect for being at home two days of the (work) week with our kids...it's a whole 'nother job.

Or did you mean hanging around wife/kids for a week can drive you crazy?

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
On the river...
www.teletraanone.com
Trying to sort out an issue from the city planning commission meeting, dealing with property subdividing, site plans, etc. There is a rogue surveyor that causes all kinds of trouble. He hates following rules, and the more you tell him, the more he argues. Of course, I'm the guy that has to make sure things are right before they get signed, so I get to take the brunt of his ire.

Look buddy, if it doesn't meet the checklist, it doesn't get my signature. Very simple. I have more trouble out of this guy than every other surveyor in the county combined. Gotta go to the courthouse this afternoon and find out what kind of shenanigans he pulled at the Register of Deeds office. The more I dig, the worse it gets. I should have my own TV show... CSI: Final Plat.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
Tell HRC he's leaking info on her. That should take care of the pesky problem.

Dealing with a persistent bout of pre-carpal tunnel. Got it braced up for a week to try and heal it up. So I'm typing and scrolling left handed. So. Slow. :grumpy:

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
On the river...
www.teletraanone.com
Can't he be fired or something?
Not by me. He's a private surveyor doing work-for-hire. The problem is, he convinces the customers that the planning commission rules aren't important, and then they get mad at me when I force them to adhere to the rules. They're too stupid to realize they have a shitty surveyor. And they're cheap, so when following the rules costs more than cutting corners, they also get mad at me... as if I make the rules. It's a bizarre situation.

But there's no law against being a stubborn shitty surveyor. If he does something illegal... that's another story. But cutting corners on plats and then charging customers for revisions... all while making me (public face of planning commission) out to be the bad guy... it's a racket. Old coot knows exactly what he's doing.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
Yup. Splint it up and use it as least as possible. You can mask with meds, but it'll get worse, to the point where surgery is the only fix. And that doesn't always work.

So do you/can you call him out to his angry customers, or is that unethical?

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
On the river...
www.teletraanone.com
We call him out... indirectly. When citizens complain about our process, I usually explain that normally the surveyor handles everything and the client never has to bother. This of course, paints him as the lazy bastard that thrusts the average person into a situation they know nothing about. Their fish-out-of-water feeling is always the root of their anger. But we put it back on "generic surveyor". They get the picture eventually that they've hired a nutjob.

He and I have had many go-rounds before (one guess who won). But recent political complications have arisen, and I don't want to poke him in the eye more than I have to. I don't want to get into an antagonistic/retaliatory situation unless I have no choice. But, he's old and can't possibly be a pain in my ass too much longer.