WWI correct here?

Hoodoo

The Unwashed
Feb 2, 2013
Hi, I have a couple of 1/18th WWII aircraft but now I am completely committed to a WWI museum and am disappointed at the zero availability of 1/18th stuff especially as we could sell die cast stuff for our museum in 1/18th.

A 1/18th DR 1 or DVII appears to be a no brainer, what aviation buff would not want them, I actually get to play with a real flying DR 1 with rotary engine and
a full scale DVII that just needs a new engine to fly and I still want 1/18th toys.

Also the tanks of the era are fasincating....FT-17, The British Mark IV's,
and of course the giant German A7V's that carried their own infantry support.

We have a centennial coming up, manufacturers. How about it?

The Ewokhunter

Crazyass Cracker
Mar 14, 2011
thingsatwistedewokwouldsay.blogspot.com
WWI would be a sweet addition to 1:18 but it seems no company ever really mass produced anything. I think one company made the Sopwith Camel. I could be wrong though.

Another problem, many companies preferred to just repaint existing molds of WWII vehicles rather than expand into a new theater.

I for one would love to have some WWI vehicles as well as some of the soldiers.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Admiral had a line in the works until the economy pulled a Lusitania.

I'd love to see a WWI line, or just a couple of birds, but I don't think it's ever gonna happen. Just not a market in America for it, I think.

Pickelhaube

Replicator of Toys
Officer Club
Mar 15, 2011
New Orleans
I for one would be all over WW1 stuff.

I would buy anything that would or could be made.

I ran a poll on another forum about building certain tanks and the A7V was on that poll.

It came in at a dismal last place.

I actually started making a A7V for my personal collection but it got bumped for another project.

Maybe some day I will get back on it.

Welcome to the board.:)