Courtesy of Merit International Ltd., the party responsible for distribution of JS International’s products here in the United States of America, comes official photos of the new 1:18 scale Grumman F-14 Tomcat.
After weeks of waiting with baited breath collector’s this past week have become worried about the status of the F-14. No official photos of a painted, completed production model had surfaced among any of the various 1:18 collector and general toy sites causing people to wonder if the project was to be delayed. Collector’s can rest easy, as Merit has delivered official photos just in the nick of time.
Here are some details from Merit’s official release on their own website: http://merit-intl.com/merit/main.html
The F-14 Tomcat is a supersonic, twin-engine, two-seat, variable-sweep wing aircraft. The F-14 was the United States Navy’s primary maritime air superiority fighter, fleet defense interceptor and tactical reconnaissance platform from 1974 to 2006. It later performed precision strike missions once it was integrated with the Low Altitude Navigation and Targeting Infrared for Night LANTIRN system.
The JS International F-14 Tomcat VF-84 Jolly Rogers is presented with the latest painting and finishing techniques that today’s collector has grown to expect. All markings are researched carefully making this “VF-84 Jolly Rogers” to stand out among any collection show casing her proud heritage and history.
• Fully outfitted cockpit with hinged canopy, revealing plenty of cockpit detail interiors
• Retractable landing gear with rubber tires
• Authentic scale, panel lines, surface details and simulated rivets
• Features moving sweep main wings, rear elevators, as well as working “Glove Vains”
• Realistic paint scheme, antennas and functional speed brakes and pilot step in ladder system.
• Authentic detachable ordnance loads
• Equipped armament and missiles
• Detailed turbojet engine exhaust nozzles and Intakes
• Suitable for static or hanging display