It’s that time of the Month again! Wait.. what? Oh.. right..
The theme for the May Banner Contest is Silhouette
Here is a quote from Banner Contest runner Major Blood:
May’s banner theme will have a little more of an “artistic” approach to it. Any action, vehicles or figures can be used. Even animals. The subject has to be be in a silhouette though. Some color can show but it should be as much of a shadow as possible. This can be either daylight or night. This one will be a little tougher since lighting is key.
The Monthly Banner Contest has been one of the most successful and favorite features here on the Fighting 1:18th. The contest has been going on for over a year now and started on our original site before the infamous crash of 2011. For those that are new to the contest, it’s very simple. A forum member can submit a dio picture entry into the contest. Towards the end of the month we place all the photos together and let the forum members vote for their favorite via poll. The winner gets the prestige and honor of having their picture on top of the site representing the Fighting 1:18th. Occasionally we add additional prizes.
The April Banner Contest was won by the Corporation. He took the Hand to Hand Combat theme by 42% of the vote. This month’s winner was outside the box and used non military figures as the focus point of the photo. Coming in 2nd place was Administrator pcsguy88 and coming in 3rd place was Slaymaker who entered a photo taken by his 8 year old son. You can view the 2nd and 3rd place entries at the bottom of the page.
Rules and Regulations:
1. The submission must be done by the USER and no one but USER.
2. The submission must be in the correct size/aspect ratio: 920px by 322px. You can use any free editing program to crop your image to this size/ratio. Any image submitted outside of this size/ratio will be discarded.
3. The USER submitting the image releases all rights to the submitted image, giving The Fighting 1:18th full usage rights.
4. There will be ONE banner entry, per-person, per-month. If you submit more than ONE entry, all entries will be disqualified. You CAN delete an entry and replace it with another before the end of the month.
5. If there are more than 10 USER’s submitted banners for any given month, there will be a primary “run off” to find our 10 finalists. Details for the run off will be in that thread.
6. You may re-submit a NON-winner banner up to (3) additional times.
7. To submit an entry into the banner contest you must create a NEW thread in the Banner forum with the title “USER’s banner entry for the month of xxxx”. Where USER is your forum name, and xxxx is the upcoming month. Any entries not submitted in this fashion will be discarded.
We are fast approaching a new month and look forward to your entries! Thanks for contributing and making our site even more interactive!