It’s that time of the Month again! Wait.. what? Oh.. right..
The theme for the June Banner Contest is Kick in the Door
Here is a quote from Banner Contest runner Major Blood:
June will be to have a theme where the door of a place is getting breached. It can be someone kicking it in, shooting the locks, ramming it open or even driving through the front. Either way, there needs to be some type of action going on where a building is getting stormed or attacked through an entrance. Windows are fair game too. If using a door, it does not have to be opened. As long as the action is apparent it’s fine.
The Monthly Banner Contest has been one of the most successful and favorite features here on the Fighting 1:18th. The contest has been going on for over a year now and started on our original site before the infamous crash of 2011. For those that are new to the contest, it’s very simple. A forum member can submit a dio picture entry into the contest. Towards the end of the month we place all the photos together and let the forum members vote for their favorite via poll. The winner gets the prestige and honor of having their picture on top of the site representing the Fighting 1:18th. Occasionally we add additional prizes.
The May Banner Contest was won by Officer member Rick. He took the Silhouette theme by 24% of the vote. Rick won a very close poll that had a 3 way tie for 2nd place! Major Blood, Ctrl Z and Darthdre758 all had 19% of the vote. They came up short however you can view their 2nd place entries at the bottom of this page.
Rules and Regulations:
1. The submission must be done by the USER and no one but USER.
2. The submission must be in the correct size/aspect ratio: 920px by 322px. You can use any free editing program to crop your image to this size/ratio. Any image submitted outside of this size/ratio will be discarded.
3. The USER submitting the image releases all rights to the submitted image, giving The Fighting 1:18th full usage rights.
4. There will be ONE banner entry, per-person, per-month. If you submit more than ONE entry, all entries will be disqualified. You CAN delete an entry and replace it with another before the end of the month.
5. If there are more than 10 USER’s submitted banners for any given month, there will be a primary “run off” to find our 10 finalists. Details for the run off will be in that thread.
6. You may re-submit a NON-winner banner up to (3) additional times.
7. To submit an entry into the banner contest you must create a NEW thread in the Banner forum with the title “USER’s banner entry for the month of xxxx”. Where USER is your forum name, and xxxx is the upcoming month. Any entries not submitted in this fashion will be discarded.
We are fast approaching a new month and look forward to your entries! Thanks for contributing and making our site even more interactive!