It’s that time of the Month again! Wait.. what? Oh.. right..
The theme for the July Banner Contest is Against all odds
Here is a quote from Banner Contest runner Major Blood:
1) Picture entered must be from a diorama
2) When making the entry thread, there must be a link to the diorama thread
3) Picture must be from a situation within the diorama where the odds are stacked against an individual or people. Ambushed? Surrounded? Injured? Call in support? Whatever it is, they need to make it out of the situation alive.
4) Air and ground support are acceptable. They can also fight their way out.
5) The picture is just one scene from the diorama so make sure when making it to keep in mind specs.
“Why all the extra work MAJOR?” Why? Because there will be a freebie to the winner. Right now it will be a Zombie Viper, Shock Trooper or weapons pack. If I can find any extras, there could be other figure options. Right now, those three listed are what is up for grabs.
Picture can be from a previous diorama but if that is used then free item is voided.
Oh yea, there needs to be at least 5 entries in order for the freebie to be released. Any less than 5, it’s just a regular ass banner contest.
Single shot pictures will be welcomed but are not eligible for freebie
The Monthly Banner Contest has been one of the most successful and favorite features here on the Fighting 1:18th. The contest started on our original site before the infamous crash of 2011. For those that are new to the contest, it’s very simple. A forum member can submit a dio picture entry into the contest. Towards the end of the month we place all the photos together and let the forum members vote for their favorite via poll. The winner gets the prestige and honor of having their picture on top of the site representing the Fighting 1:18th. Occasionally we add additional prizes.
The June Banner Contest was won by Officer member Fled74. He took the Kick in the Door theme by 40% of the vote. Fled74 won the contest by only a single vote! Snakeling took 37% of the vote to finish second. You can view Snakeling’s second place effort at the bottom of the page.
Rules and Regulations:
1. The submission must be done by the USER and no one but USER.
2. The submission must be in the correct size/aspect ratio: 920px by 322px. You can use any free editing program to crop your image to this size/ratio. Any image submitted outside of this size/ratio will be discarded.
3. The USER submitting the image releases all rights to the submitted image, giving The Fighting 1:18th full usage rights.
4. There will be ONE banner entry, per-person, per-month. If you submit more than ONE entry, all entries will be disqualified. You CAN delete an entry and replace it with another before the end of the month.
5. If there are more than 10 USER’s submitted banners for any given month, there will be a primary “run off” to find our 10 finalists. Details for the run off will be in that thread.
6. You may re-submit a NON-winner banner up to (3) additional times.
7. To submit an entry into the banner contest you must create a NEW thread in the Banner forum with the title “USER’s banner entry for the month of xxxx”. Where USER is your forum name, and xxxx is the upcoming month. Any entries not submitted in this fashion will be discarded.
We are fast approaching a new month and look forward to your entries! Thanks for contributing and making our site even more interactive!