Takara Transformers

pcsguy88

Deuce Deuce
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
Love this fucking guy. Absolutely accept him as a tank when they give me something with working treads and turret. My very favorite bot to transform now.

Just had to paint his neck, light piping skull and eyes, then yank on the inner barrel until it popped out to bring him out of toy realm. This thick bastard can gladly lead my Cons.

Attachments

• IMAG0875.jpg
    IMAG0875.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 15

pcsguy88

Deuce Deuce
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
Anyone have HQ 03 Guttur? Snarl was always my favorite since I actually had him as a kid. I want to see him next to MP-08 in bot mode.

Nevermind. What a damn shame nobody will make a scaled size to Grimmy. I'm not fucking rebuying him.

Oh geez... I just noticed Grimmy even has his platform shoes on and is still dwarfed.

Absolutely ridiculous.

XOC2008

Caution: Troll Ahead!
Mar 14, 2011
Plainfield, IL
Anyone have HQ 03 Guttur? Snarl was always my favorite since I actually had him as a kid. I want to see him next to MP-08 in bot mode.

I have Guttur. He's a beast. I don't have mp 08 though, just the OS version.

He'd tower over regular MP 08 though.

Edit: I are slow with baby on lap.

Attachments

• IMG_0407.JPG
    IMG_0407.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 32
Last edited:

pcsguy88

Deuce Deuce
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
Trust me, I own plenty of Takasa Tonys. ;)

Seems that version is missing his chest symbol which can't be replaced with a sticker or maybe they didn't make it slide up during transformation.

XOC2008

Mar 14, 2011
Plainfield, IL

Seems that version is missing his chest symbol which can't be replaced with a sticker or maybe they didn't make it slide up during transformation.

Mine slides, but thats one of the main issues people have had with the OS version. That symbol doesnt always move. Someone found a fix for it but it involves dismantling the chest and greasing the mechanism.

Half my autobots are KOs. lol

Goldbug

BND
Mar 15, 2011
Smallville, IL
goldbug.yolasite.com

Tony Takasa the notorious Yakuza gangster!

Well that sucks. 2yrs straight I have to pass. My TRU still has a Silver Streak rotting on the shelf.

Yeah by the time TRU got him I already bought him from Japan cheaper with shipping than what they wanted for him.

pcsguy88

Deuce Deuce
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
So much better. Tamiya might need to up their production of chrome silver acrylic and clear lacquer after this project.

Attachments

• IMAG0881.jpg
    IMAG0881.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 9
  • IMAG0883.jpg
    IMAG0883.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 7
  • IMAG0888.jpg
    IMAG0888.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 6

pcsguy88

Deuce Deuce
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
Who exactly was begging Takara for Optimus Primal and Cheetor Masterpieces??? Inferno? This line is heading south quickly. How the hell can you not have Jazz, Hound or Mirage before a fucking monkey?

And what exactly is a Delta Magnus? What episode is he sucking robocock in?

XOC2008

Mar 14, 2011
Plainfield, IL
Who exactly was begging Takara for Optimus Primal and Cheetor Masterpieces??? Inferno? This line is heading south quickly. How the hell can you not have Jazz, Hound or Mirage before a fucking monkey?

And what exactly is a Delta Magnus? What episode is he sucking robocock in?

Need a Trailbreaker.

Delta Magnus is a diaclone thing.

pcsguy88

Deuce Deuce
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
I don't know why, but he's the one I really wanted. Good thing since all the toy colored ones are out of stock or over-priced. I'm usually not into the room colors, but damn he is beautiful. Shame they didn't offer an olive drab color to make the decision harder.

The metallic color of Quakeblast is quite the surprise. Goddamn he's beautiful. Same color as his Alternators Mazda. Ciao Bella.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
I have the dark toy colored hound, and I love him to death. He's one of the best 3P figures I own. MT outdid themselves with that figure. It's one of the few times I feel like someone really beat FT at their own game (aside from Cloud 9, who really just improved an existing FT figure). I wish the remaining S1 cast would get the MT Hound treatment.

pcsguy88

Deuce Deuce
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
I have not transformed hound yet, but his articulation and build scream quality. My one and only complaint with Quakeblast is the lack of ankle tilt and no real reason they couldn't have built it in. Otherwise he has just been crowned king of my MPs.

After putting on his proper toy muzzle and needing a knife to get it back off, I immediately filed down there sprue tabs on his gun tip and the arm clips inside his muzzle for a softer fit. No worries about breaking his cannon arm now (even though they did provide a spare.)

Edit: Found the ankle tilt. 10/10. Best TF period.

XOC2008

Mar 14, 2011
Plainfield, IL
You can remove that section that holds the cannon tip inside the muzzle, too. Then you don't have to worry about centering it. Which reminds me.. I need to go ahead and change out the LEDs in my QB one of these days.

I have not transformed hound yet, but his articulation and build scream quality. My one and only complaint with Quakeblast is the lack of ankle tilt and no real reason they couldn't have built it in. Otherwise he has just been crowned king of my MPs.

After putting on his proper toy muzzle and needing a knife to get it back off, I immediately filed down there sprue tabs on his gun tip and the arm clips inside his muzzle for a softer fit. No worries about breaking his cannon arm now (even though they did provide a spare.)

Edit: Found the ankle tilt. 10/10. Best TF period.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
I can't get behind any MT figures. Their aesthetic is waaaay off from the official line, which is why I collect in the first place. FT (always nails it), Badcube (most of the time), KFC/XTB, Ocular Max (Sphinx anyway) and Omnigonix get how to replicate the look. None of the other 3Ps can seem to get the right balance.

I can't stand any of the Hounds, Insecticons, Reflectors, or Shockwaves besides the FT versions, and I'm quickly disliking any and all MP combiner efforts by anyone. The only FT figured I'll skip are Hot Rod and anything silly from the Decepticon 87 movie ranks. Those designs simply suck from the source material.

Speaking of Omni, I just got in my replacement Spinout. He came with all 4 wheels this time. Guess I'm just disappointed overall in the figure being so close yet so far from perfect due to QC and corner-cutting, and on top of that BBTS wasted 2 weeks making me mail the entire thing back. The wheel could've been mailed to me in a small bubble mailer, it's absolutely goofy I had to ship the same figure 3 times to/from MN.

Last edited:

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
I'm not big on a lot of MT figures (I think hound is the only one I own), but I don't see how anyone can argue that MT's hound isn't damn near perfect. If you're a collector really jonesing for a perfect toon aesthetic, I can see how the FT version might be more up your alley, but MT's toy version with the big chunky feet is just glorious. What about him doesn't fit your image of the ideal Hound? I freaking love this guy.

- FT gets everything but the faces. Why the hell this eludes them is beyond me. It doesn't stop me from getting most of them, but it's certainly their weak spot. I'm waiting on the eventual fix on Forager before I complete the bug trio, as I'm not excited about all the reports of arms breaking off. I will be picking up FT Hotrod, as MP28 is a hunchbacked midget piece of shit.

- BC does a nice job with their minibots (Huff, Brawny, Grump), but I don't care for their stumpy insecticons, and my hatred for their short-torso'd, duck-footed sunstreaker is well documented. If they stick to minibots, I will continue to support them.

- KFC/XTB produces the best looking, most G1, all-around glorious mix of the toon and toys, but everyone is aware of their spotty QC record and habit of improving figures with a v2, basically screwing their early adopters. If they start putting out solid v1 figures like Andras every time (and no more Ollie/Boost/Hatch nightmares), they will be the kings of the hill. But that's a big "if".

- DX9 is hit & miss. Their quality is top-notch, but their look isn't for everyone. I love Carry, but I'm skipping their Galvatron and Blitzwing b/c they just don't hit the right notes. Invisible is a great toy, just not "MP enough" for most collectors.

- Ocular Max... I own Sphinx, but I cannot wait for someone to replace him. There is something about that figure that I absolutely hate, but it's simply holding a place on my shelf.

- Omni... it's one figure that had lots of promise, fell horribly short, but is salvageable with some effort. Still better than the alternative though.

I find that most 3P's bring something unique to the table, fill in a niche. None of them are perfect, and rarely do they deserve the heaps of praise or hate that they all get from one corner or another. I will buy from anyone that produces a good looking figure with tolerable quality. The turf wars and factionalization that takes place amongst TF fandom is comical. And don't get me started on the sanctimonious TT-only assholes. I want to hit them with a doorknob in a tubesock.