• Rex (forgot number)

Votes: 6 66.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
4/28 update: Posted the questions that have multiple votes. Make your picks and I'll send them out tomorrow. Thanks fockers!

MB

Here's what we have so far vote wise:

4 votes: 5:When roc 2 hits will we lose the other lines like last time? or will this time be dif to make as much money and let everyone pick what they want? as roc figs didnt do well at all.

2 votes: 2:When are you going to use the SDCC Destro suit body for updated Crimson Twins/Raptor/Crystal Ball?

2 votes: 6:When will HTS be up to date and keep stock in for more then a week. as there have been "new" items out of stock for mos or items that never got restocked. you should have everything in stock at all times. even more now with walmart dropping the line in most of there stores.

2 votes: 8:What is the likelihood that we will actually see all of what was shown at JoeCon at retail of some form?

2 votes: Thanks for not making a variant version of the "ultimate" Snake Eyes with different heads, and for instead packing in both heads. This seems to be a growing trend with Joe, and leaves better "variants" open to more extensive variants like the Marvel line has seen (i.e. deco changes, such as what you're planning with the upcoming Crocmaster and Blowtorch variants). It seems that the gear has also really been amped up for POC, and this is a great thing. Are multiple heads something that we can look forward to in future releases packed in with all the extra goodies (besides the amazing items shown at JoeCon like Sci-Fi, CC, Storm Shadow, etc)?

Last edited:

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Are we getting a FLAGGG this year? (3 g's)

Are you making a true 1:18th scale A-10? (gotta ask!)

Will the RoC-2 movie figures keep the same body-style and articulation as 25th/ME/RoC/PoC/RE figures? (Worth a shot)

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Fairly certain Zarana is already confirmed as an SDCC exclusive. Dunno if they'll answer questions about specific figures being produced with anything other than vague "we'll see".

I know it's been asked but i've yet to see an answer for why Wally/K-Marts have dumped the line.

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
They had something at HT about big H trying to get Wal mart back on the train. It was during some questions at Joe Con. It was basically "we are working on it" for the answer if I remember correctly.

I was jivin' about the Zarana. I just wanted to be a little bit of a smart ass. Now I would be interested to know if they will make more since they own the property to possibly avoid the "Slaughtergate" type fiasco that ensued last year.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
They just have to enforce their own buy limits.

They better work harder, the number of Walmart stores dwarfs TrU and Target combined.

thelegoguy

Enlisted
Mar 16, 2011
-Are we going to get a 25th/updated version of the Tomahawk/Mauler/Killer Whale/Moray/*insert name of cool vehicle form the past*?

-Are you going to put a frickin Snake-Eyes and Duke in every frickin wave????

-Are there any plans to include neon colors to the lineup? If so, fire that person!

xhairs

odd man out !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 15, 2011
blasdell ny
photobucket.com
ya they need to make sure every one can get there hands on her it was fucking stupid they put her in the SDCC we have waited how long for her.

the flag they answered with a big no.

When roc 2 hits will we lose the other lines like last time? or will this time be dif to make as much money and let everyone pick what they want? as roc figs didnt do well at all.

2nd when will HTS be up to date and keep stock in for more then a week. as there have been "new" items out of stock for mos or items that never got restocked. you should have everything in stock at all times. even more now with walmart dropping the line in most of there stores.

3rd it seems like stores order the wrong waves as they have been restocking with wave 2&3 the most as of how the numbers are is there a way to make sure you have dif numbers for each wave to make sure stores get the newest waves as soon as they are available

Last edited:

xhairs

Mar 15, 2011
blasdell ny
photobucket.com
-Are we going to get a 25th/updated version of the Tomahawk/Mauler/Killer Whale/Moray/*insert name of cool vehicle form the past*?

-Are you going to put a frickin Snake-Eyes and Duke in every frickin wave????

-Are there any plans to include neon colors to the lineup? If so, fire that person!

i would love to see some updates of the old vehicles from our past so thats a good one.

to answer your 2nd ? yes they will as they are the ones kids know or thats what hasbro says every time.

im with you on the 3rd one. lol

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
my question, in all seriousness...

Q. what is the likelihood that we will actually see all of what was shown at JoeCon at retail of some form?

When are you going to use the SDCC Destro suit body for updated Crimson Twins/Raptor/Crystal Ball?
good question!

Ask Eddie.
you motherf*@#er

Now I would be interested to know if they will make more Zarannas since they own the property to possibly avoid the "Slaughtergate" type fiasco that ensued last year.

definately should ask how they plan to rectify it this year

darthdre758

Watsamattau?
Officer Club
Mar 14, 2011
We used to post the questions we asked on Bantha Skull just so we could speculate on what the answers would be. Most times, we were spot on with answers like, 'We're glad you like the new figures. We enjoy putting them out for you.'

Hasbro sucks at this game.

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
I do agree we probably won't get answers worth while but at least we can ask what we want. Considering we only have 12 active members that want a scale A 10 we can at least let our voices be heard. ;) We can come up with better stuff than the other places I bet since we are a little more objective about the line. Maybe we'll do something like once we have the questions the person that has the most answers closest to what they give us will get a figure. Just an idea. Might as well have some fun with it.

xhairs

Mar 15, 2011
blasdell ny
photobucket.com
I do agree we probably won't get answers worth while but at least we can ask what we want. Considering we only have 12 active members that want a scale A 10 we can at least let our voices be heard. ;) We can come up with better stuff than the other places I bet since we are a little more objective about the line. Maybe we'll do something like once we have the questions the person that has the most answers closest to what they give us will get a figure. Just an idea. Might as well have some fun with it.

man i think we already have 3 good ?s alot better then what other places will ask thats for sure.

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
We are moving in the right direction for sure. I am personally interested to see how they treat us on our questions since we are the little guy in their eyes probably. I just don't want the typical "why is Renegades canceled" type questions. We have more creative minds here that have unique curiosities for the line IMO seeing how most figures get custom done anyway. I mean, how many of the figures we've seen will really stay looking like they have been shown when displayed here?

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Exactly, we've got a chance to ask different questions. There's nothing worse than the same questions being asked by different sites, or the same style of question being asked ad nauseum.

XOC2008

Caution: Troll Ahead!
Mar 14, 2011
Plainfield, IL
I just want to know if they plan to continue making ARAH homages in the 25th/PoC style.(If that one was said already, then forget I said it) As well as creating new figures like the Shock Trooper where there's a good sense of design -and- playability.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I don't see why they can't throw ARAH bones into the current line.

And i still think they should be doing bait-and switch figures.

Oliverbox

I Ride with CLAYMORE!!!
Mar 16, 2011
Alexandria, VA
1. Will we be seeing anymore Sub-Teams (Night Force/Tiger Force/Sky Patrol)?

2. Will we be seeing some of the characters from the late 80's/early 90's (Grid-Iron, Muskrat, Repeater, Pathfinder, Bullhorn,etc.)?

3. Will we see an updated/retooled WHALE or Tomahawk?

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
K, here goes:

• The upcoming items previewed at JoeCon were pretty well received by all, and it was probably one of the best showings to date as far as fan satisfaction goes. Although they weren't shown, Crocmaster and Blowtorch were revealed to have upcoming "variants" with different color schemes, which is a much better reuse than what was more or less a straight reissue, and is a great chase item for fans. In a previous Q&A, Hasbro reps stated that the "classic" version of a figure would be released before a "re-imagining", however Law & Order was the only "vintage" Joe that different from his ARAH design the most, and felt more modern than as an update. While the figure is sure to be a hit and great troop builder (he really is a great modern figure), is it possible for Hasbro to create a variant with Law & Order that uses the vintage color scheme? It seems like a slightly more "accomplishing" repaint than the Crocmaster, for example, and would be close enough to the vintage L&O to check that off many fans' lists.

• Since many fans saw the 25th Arctic Snake Eyes with the weasel skull necklace, they'd been awaiting a modern sculpt of Kwinn—who looks fantastic, by the way. While he is a great figure and very welcomed to the line, it may strike some fans as odd that he was an entirely newly sculpted figure as he's a bit more obscure, while Dial-Tone and Zarana, for example, were relegated to be GIJCC and SDCC exclusives, respectively. This isn't asking to not release Kwinn, we're just curious as to the thought behind the decision for Kwinn versus DT in the main line, and not doing Kwinn as the exclusive.

• The 2010 SDCC Slaughter "TTT" variant's box art was very similar to custom fan artwork created nearly 2 years prior, which was widely posted on several fan message boards and shows up on Google search results for Slaughter box art. The question about the similarity is due to the fan artwork being mainly created from scratch from animation stills, but did not referencing any previous Slaughter box art (since the TTT figure was never released single-carded in the first place). Was this just a coincidence, or was it a "nod" to the fans by using the artwork? If so, did the artist (Jarreau Wimberly) pick the reference himself and work from that, or did Hasbro specifically request the specific pose? While the official artwork is much more refined and less stylized, there is quite an astonishing similarity in the static, non-action pose that is typical of the ARAH card art...

Comparison shown below:

Last edited:

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
Sorry, that last question may seem petty, but it's been bugging the shit out of me since I first saw the Sarge card art early last year, and nobody has seemed to care. I figure this is my last chance at getting some sort of answer.

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
You still butt hurt over Slaughter? ;)

I thought they mentioned that on an HT Q&A once, didn't they?

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
You still butt hurt over Slaughter? ;)

I thought they mentioned that on an HT Q&A once, didn't they?

Haha. Guilty. Actually, though, it just bugs me, I'm honestly not that mad really. Slightly miffed that I did the artwork and then had to pay $150 for 2 of the bastards for my own private collection, but as far as "they may have used my artwork as inspiration", it's kind of cool. I just think that the whole Slaughter thing was handled so poorly, that it was just salt in the wound for me.

It may have been in a HT Q&A, but I doubt it. I asked it there, maybe that's why you thought you saw it? But I don't think it was picked... if it was, I'd be glad to know the answer if anyone can track it down. I usually pay attention to all the Q&As and the replies.

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
Yea, that was really close to what you did honestly. They would never say if they used it for reference though I'm willing to bet. You have a better chance of seeing a leprechaun milking a unicorn.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
great questions MR...even though that last one...cause honestly, i'd really like to see them try and weasel their way out of it...

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
great questions MR...even though that last one...cause honestly, i'd really like to see them try and weasel their way out of it...

Yeah, I don't expect a fully-honest answer. It's something I hope to get asked and answered one day, but it may have to wait for being in person. Who knows.

It could be a throwaway question considering that they would probably dodge it, so perhaps it's not something that we even put up for consideration.

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
1. Have you realized that putting Renegades on "hiatus" severely hurts the growth of Joe? We read the press release about how you want to focus on RoC2 but don't you understand how unsettling this is to Joe fans? It's very frustrating when you see Joe's little brother Transformers get several universe's going on at once and Joe is lucky to have even have one. Why can't we have Renegades and RoC2?

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
• One of the things about POC Low-Light and Beachhead is that they use the same base torso, yet you can't see any of it due to the (awesome) vests that cover them up. This seems like a lot of wasted sculpting, and although the sculpting is really crisp on their under-armor, it's a bit odd considering that they're a bit more futuristic-looking. Should we expect this torso to be more visible in a future release, and what was the reasoning behind why the torso was done in that fashion instead of a more "usable" shirt or torso that could get more mileage?

• Thanks for not making a variant version of the "ultimate" Snake Eyes with different heads, and for instead packing in both heads. This seems to be a growing trend with Joe, and leaves better "variants" open to more extensive variants like the Marvel line has seen (i.e. deco changes, such as what you're planning with the upcoming Crocmaster and Blowtorch variants). It seems that the gear has also really been amped up for POC, and this is a great thing. Are multiple heads something that we can look forward to in future releases packed in with all the extra goodies (besides the amazing items shown at JoeCon like Sci-Fi, CC, Storm Shadow, etc)?

Last edited: