Votes: 1 3.2%

Votes: 5 16.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
Here are the entries for April. Sorry for the delay.

1)

2)

3)

4)

5)

6)

Rick

Enlisted
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
All cool in their own right. #1 I like for the alternate uni and # 2 is a fresh, out of the box concept, but since this was hand to hand the only other one that is truely hand to hand is # 6.

So for me it was between # 2 & 6.

#6 is combat #2 is sport.

red4

Enlisted
Feb 25, 2012
I knew I wouldn't win this round, but I know I probably still won't win the next one either.

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
Hey MB, #2 is the wrong size and should be immediately disqualified. :D

It captures "head" pretty well. :D It is a different look than we have ever really had in a banner entry.

You just gotta' throw some pics out there Red4. Competition is tougher on some months more than others. Never hurts to throw one in the mix.

red4

Enlisted
Feb 25, 2012
It captures "head" pretty well. :D It is a different look than we have ever really had in a banner entry.

You just gotta' throw some pics out there Red4. Competition is tougher on some months more than others. Never hurts to throw one in the mix.

#5 is mine, you trout.

Byrnes

Ghetto Fabulous
Feb 29, 2012
All really good and a tough choice, but I went with #4. I liked the setup with the little stairwell and the way it looks like Roadpig is coming down on that dude.

AJWW2

Enlisted
Sep 8, 2011
NY
#5 is one of the coolest in my opinion, but I had to go with #2 cuz it wasn't 1:18

red4

Enlisted
Feb 25, 2012
I cooler story would have been that you're in the Yakuza, and were punished for dishonor.

Homer

Μολών λαβέ
Sep 2, 2011
Coastal North Carolina
I wanted to vote number 5, but went with 6 as I think it would be cool as a kid to have my picture on a superior website. Plus, with April and April fools and all, a less serious picture done by a kid rather than the exquisite pics you guys normally make seems to fit.

footloose

Enlisted
Jul 19, 2011
im going to get alot of hate for this, but this is just my opinion on the pics
#1- pic is way to dark and im really not sure what it has to do with hand to hand combat. looks like abunch of guys raiding a building of somesort. once again not sure what it has to do with the theme for the month.
#2- the background in this pic is outstanding however the 2 figs in front are posed in quite an awkward manner. one person mentioned homoerotic. i have to agree.. looks like someones bout to get a bj.
#3- awesome dio background. mercer really just isnt sending out the message that hes going to hurt someone though. also your shot shouldve been a little tighter with more focus on the 2 guys going at it
#4- yes thats my shot, and yes ill critique it. what i dont like bout my shot is i feel i couldve posed bench press a little better. hes looking a little lifeless in my opinion. probably shouldve used a different fig alll together since hes really not that posable.
#5- the colors in this pic really do catch your eye and it definatly stands out of the crowd. however i really had to look at the pic to tell what was going on. i can see thats a halo fig, but really not sure what hes fighting.
#6- bad crop job. yes im aware that this was taken by someones son. theres just way to much going on here. you got quick kick sitting on the floor doing the splits, looks like kamakura is doiing something on the bottom of the pic, someone doing a flying kick into another dude. just way to much. either one of these matches wouldve made a good pic, but the focus shouldve just been on one and not all of them.
anyways, this is just my opinion, feel free to send me death threats, call me a whiner, what ever. just speaking my mind.

red4

Enlisted
Feb 25, 2012
#5- the colors in this pic really do catch your eye and it definatly stands out of the crowd. however i really had to look at the pic to tell what was going on. i can see thats a halo fig, but really not sure what hes fighting.

Acknowledged. I was aware of this during the shoot. My camera sucks balls, and wouldn't focus properly. Also, the background is my monitor displaying a screenshot, and my camera reads monitor light too intensely. I'm not saying anyone should overlook all these problems - just explaining why it sucks.

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
Actually, the picture doesn't suck. It was just a tough month for that one. We'll do a Sci-Fi month soon.

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
hate to be a douche but im not going to lie to ya. i voted for myself this time. out of my options i liked my pic the most

your not a douche for voting for your own. The only thing I don't agree with your previous statement is the "homoerotic" part. MMA is the greatest sport on earth and their is nothing more manly then 2 well trained athletes fighting each other in hand to hand combat using multiple disciplines. It's a shame how many people don't understand the sport and think it's gay that 2 dudes are grappling each other. Nevermind the fact that they are kicking each other in the face!

footloose

Enlisted
Jul 19, 2011
Acknowledged. I was aware of this during the shoot. My camera sucks balls, and wouldn't focus properly. Also, the background is my monitor displaying a screenshot, and my camera reads monitor light too intensely. I'm not saying anyone should overlook all these problems - just explaining why it sucks.

your pic doesnt suck. and like i said out of all of them it definatly catches your eye. it stands out and out of the rest is very unique. you went sci-fi with your pic. i think its a cool pic but i cant tell what master chief is fighting. thats really the only thing holding it back. maybe try some different light sources to help out with the focusing issue.

and please if anyone would like critique my pic #4. i honestly would like to know what you liked or what im more curious bout what you didnt like.
i only ask so i can improve my banner entries.