Dioramas or Sets

KASCAN

Jan 23, 2018
Central Florida
www.facebook.com
In reference to the camera track system... Do you have an automated or mechanized drive to move along track? Suppose you do not need if only shooting stills. Are you doing any running video?

Oh and a ? on lighting... Does the bare bulbs cause issues with your green screen masking? Have you tried diffused lighting to provide even light illumination vs the directed bulb? Also notice any issues with coloring with the florescent or LEDs? I think each throw different wavelengths.

Digler

Officer
Officer Club
Nov 28, 2012
Vancouver,BC Canada
www.facebook.com
In reference to the camera track system... Do you have an automated or mechanized drive to move along track? Suppose you do not need if only shooting stills. Are you doing any running video?

Oh and a ? on lighting... Does the bare bulbs cause issues with your green screen masking? Have you tried diffused lighting to provide even light illumination vs the directed bulb? Also notice any issues with coloring with the florescent or LEDs? I think each throw different wavelengths.
No motorized track system....give me time. I have so much lighting in my garage, that its all quite even and no issues with uneven light, unless I forget to turn on one set of lights. The florescent's I use are natural white and never have had issues with coloring or unevenness.

Lord Bodega

Enlisted
May 10, 2014
S. Florida
Digler,
I have been meaning to ask, what do you use to cut the foam board? I use an Exacto knife and or a little balsa wood saw and more off then not, I end up with loose chunks of foam or end up with a jagged edge. Should I use a hot knife? Do you recommend one?

Digler

Officer
Officer Club
Nov 28, 2012
Vancouver,BC Canada
www.facebook.com
Digler,
I have been meaning to ask, what do you use to cut the foam board? I use an Exacto knife and or a little balsa wood saw and more off then not, I end up with loose chunks of foam or end up with a jagged edge. Should I use a hot knife? Do you recommend one?
A hot knife is best, but a SHARP box cutter is ok if you go slow and do not cut like you are using a saw....multiple passes and sandpaper is your friend.. make sure you angle the knife instead of straight up and down....

Lord Bodega

Enlisted
May 10, 2014
S. Florida
Two more questions. :rolleyes: What glue product do you recommend? I currently use Gorilla Glue but its a little pricey. Second what do you use as paste or seal to seam the cracks when you place two boards together? The obvious crack from two joined boards bothers me.

Digler

Officer
Officer Club
Nov 28, 2012
Vancouver,BC Canada
www.facebook.com
Two more questions. :rolleyes: What glue product do you recommend? I currently use Gorilla Glue but its a little pricey. Second what do you use as paste or seal to seam the cracks when you place two boards together? The obvious crack from two joined boards bothers me.
I use hot glue and glue guns. ... to fill cracks I use drywall putty. After you are done painting it....use Matte Medium, water it down and put it in a spray bottle and spray it all over thebuilding....let dry and repeat. Then add painting details or whatever.