Help with years/areas of operations/figure details

Jhill97

May 20, 2018
Hi all, I'm working on some BBI customs and I had a few questions about what years the soldiers portrayed are supposed to be from. For example, is such and such figure supposed to be Afghanistan or Iraq? 2001-2003 or 2012-2015.

Obviously, I understand it may be impossible to answer some of these and that one figure could fit a wide range of areas of operations or eras.

I may add more models to this thread but at the moment, I am curious about the Navy SEAL (or Delta Force, depending on the release) that is sleeveless and wearing a baseball cap.

Additionally, any help on identifying gear would be welcome (i.e. plate carrier brand, pouches, are those 2 radios? etc.)

Screen Shot 2019-03-03 at 12.01.39 AM.pngScreen Shot 2019-03-03 at 12.21.13 AM.png

zodiacflash

Have Gun Will Travel
May 28, 2013
Houston
The pants are the "coffee stain" pattern. The official name was DCU; Desert Camouflage Uniform. For the Army, we started using them on rotation deployments anywhere in Southwest Asia after Desert Storm was over. Wore them in Somalia, too. Wikipedia has a page that shows what years each branch used them, but some special ops units might have stretched it a bit. I never wore one of those vests, so I couldn't tell you what goes into what pouch. The bag strapped to the figure's waist in the second pic is a carrying case that is designed to hold the M17 or M40 pro mask.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jhill97

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
It does look like a pair of MBITRs (AN/PRC-148 or 152, perhaps), one with a hand mic and one with a headset. Looks like one primary and four pistol mag pouches on the left, two primaries on the right. Looks like a regular MOLLE utility pouch on the right, and probably a first aid kit on the upper left. Looks like it's all on top of a MOLLE plate carrier.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
I would guess just from the overall look and time-frame of the figure release we're looking at 2001-2004'ish.

Since it's supposed to be Special Forces, there is a lot of leeway. You could reasonably fit into any era (post 2001) I'd guess.

Jhill97

May 20, 2018
On the topic of gear, accuracy, etc., does anybody know about what Delta might have worn during operation Acid Gambit? Specifically, did they wear woodland BDU's or solid green flight suits or something else? Thanks!