Status
Not open for further replies.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
So I've decided to distract myself from HMMWV's and try to do something eeeeeeeeeeeeeevil for a change.. so I popped open my PTE "Main Battle Tank" aka Chinese Mini-Type-98.

It's hard to find concrete stats on the Type-98, as it never made it to full production (They went with the Type-99 instead), but it seems to be maybe 1/19th or 1/20th scale instead of 1/18th.

ثعبان is Arabic for 'snake' and will be incorporated into my 9th Special Forces Group (Airborne) stories and customs as an al-Qaeda aligned group operating in Afghanistan in 2001/2002 and across the world.

Anyways.. Work in progress,

What it looks like after I stripped off the extraneous parts..

After a base coat. (and a cat).

Started darkening/dirtying it up.

More to come...

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Axillary fuel drums are NOT extraneous. In fact you should be running the fuel lines to them.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I gotta get one of these and work my black devil magic on it.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
anxious to see how this turns out...i gave mine a base coat about a year ago and never got back to it...my plan is the berlin cammo scheme...black/blue/gray

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
You do those by hand? I'm a rattler myself. Once mine gets unburied from the snow I'll have to try and put it together. I wanted to do a winter camo theme and completely dropped the ball. I'm impressed with the fact you hand paint those. I could not have the patience for that. I'm a different lazy.:p

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Yeah it's always by hand.. And little brushes too! Haha I just don't have any other means.. So it works.

And by extraneous I meant it was removable, so I took everything that could be taken off before painting :)

I'm not going to do anything fancy, I have a couple wild ideas..

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
So is that the same tank that was at Big Lots that I was jabbering about stupidly?

It looks like shit factory, but a good simple paint job does wonders. I saw the Abrams at Target last night, but I just don't have room for the big bastard, however awesome it is. This one, though, you may have just sold me on.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Big Lots has two probably.. this one, which is called the "MAIN BATTLE TANK!!! OMGZORZ!!" and is based on the Chinese Type-98, and they also carry the "COMBAT TANK" which is a green tank based on the M1 Abrams.

Their Abrams is crap compared to the Target Bravo Team one (in details and quality), and I think it's only like $5 cheaper!

This one was $25 when I got it.. it does look like shit out of the box, now though I wish I had picked up a couple more.. it's... coming along nicely I think :) Should hopefully be done tonight..

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
I hadn't really paid attention to the non-Joe 1:18 vehicles prior to joining this site, but that Abrams was pretty slick. Way bigger than I had ever realized it was in passing.

I'll have to swing by Big Lots again and see if that smaller tank is still there. I honestly have no space for the Abrams, but would love to mess around with a bigger tank than the MOBAT.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Don't do it! It's only a few inches shorter.. and it's basically the same price..

Let the size flow through you.. I can feel your size swelling in you now...

Wow.. okay that went from a funny star wars pun about scale to,.. an Eddie'ism. Eww an "Eddieism"? THAT sounds disturbing.

Anyway, just get the Bravo team ones, its one of the best AND cheapest real 1:18th scale stuff you can own.

Status
Not open for further replies.